“Great atmosphere/friendly”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

We had a late night snack here. Staff was very friendly and the food was delicious. The bar area has TV for sports and the clientele was not obnoxious. Outdoors there is a great patio area with a fire place!

Reviewed 15 October 2017

First parking is plentiful in the rear of the building. Some parts of the interior appear dated or worn. It is great to have a room where kids can do their thing while the food is being prepared. This is a family friendly establishment. The food is first rate. You can tell that the ingredients used are of a higher quality, which understandably can drive prices up, but well worth it. You can taste the flavors and freshness. The staff is attentive and friendly.

Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

From the outside it looks really cute and upscale. Inside the bar area seems quaint and social. But we went for food.

They said there was a quieter private dining room upstairs. Well, it was quiet. The music was so low, you could hear a pin drop and it was awkward to talk. The menu was VERY pricing for what they were serving. They ran out of deli turkey which was several items on the menu. And when we finally got the food, the portions were average, the food was fair (kind of bland and not something worthy going back for), and they didn't even give us enough au jus to even dip half of the French dip sandwich we ordered. And... they charges us for more us jus just to finish the sandwich.

Not a good experience. Definitely not worth the $60 we spend for a mediocre dinner.

Not recommended.

4  Thank Asha L
Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

This is a nice restaurant to visit little pricey but, tasty food with good choices. Nice bar, with friendly staff. The owner Dave was very cordial introduced himself in fact he apologized for the fries not being made the way he prefers them to be, but they were just fine lol. We will go again.

Reviewed 15 September 2017

I was at Babe's Grill house yesterday and had a delightful experience. We arrived fairly early for a dinner meal, right when they were setting out the deck cushions. We were waited upon immediately and had a very nice small asian woman with brightly colored shoes as our server. I ordered one of the specials for that night, the Mako Shark Dish, and my Dad ordered wings while my sister went with the cheese fries. First of all, I'm very glad that our server told us right away that they offered Coke products, as this saved me the awkwardness of my usual having asked for Coke and asked in return if Pepsi was okay. When I know a restaurant has Pepsi products off the start, I will always ask for the far superior Dr. Pepper instead, but I prefer Coke above all for a meal. My father was offered an extensive beer list and ordered a beer called Hooray Sports, from Pennsylvania's very own Evil Genius Brewery.

The cheese fries and wings came out in a timely manner and I had to wait about 10 minutes for my fish. The server was very inclusive about letting me known the status of the fish, for which I am very appreciative of. She told me that the because the fish was so fresh and such a thick cut, that it took longer to become the perfect level of doneness. I was very apathetic about this and will always be elated when I hear that my fish is thick and fresh, like I prefer my women.

Once my fish...shark, rather, came out, it was splendid. Excellent presentation and cooked to perfection. The grilled pineapple slice on top was a nice touch. On top of the pineapple was some sort of berry aioli which I loved. I could eat spoonfuls of that stuff. A green garnish sat atop the plate, like a star on top of a Christmas tree. My baked beans as a side dish were a little too smokey flavored in my opinion, but maybe I'm just a little wimp. My sister's cheese fries were very good as well. The best fries are fairly crispy on the outside and warm on the inside without becoming soggy. Babe's hit the nail on the head with this one. My father's garlic parm wings were above average, like fries, crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
Our experience was high quality, which I don't really expect in the poor man's Hershey. I will definitely be returning here and recommending this place to others.

1  Thank kurtis k

Been to Babe's Grill House? Share your experiences!