Americas Best Value Inn Palmyra/Hershey
Dutch Motel(Palmyra)
US$79
US$59
Priceline
Red Roof Inn Hershey(Hershey)
US$72
US$47
US$45
US$67
Rio Motel(Hershey)
US$61
White Rose Motel(Hershey)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$71
Orbitz.com
US$70
Travelocity
US$55
US$48
All reviewshershey parkroom was cleanclose to hershey attractionsstay there againwaffleshot waterrooms are smalla great place to stayoutdoor poolfree breakfastconvenient locationmotelcerealabvipillowsdeskshampoo
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 September 2011

We stayed here after seeing the absorbanant prices at the other local hotels. We simply wanted a clean place to sleep and that's exactly what we found.
The hotel brings back the nostalgia of the old roadside motel. The rooms were nice, even offered a fridge and microwave, and had good water pressure in the shower. Yes, they were smaller than the average hotel but everything was clean and the staff were friendly.
I'd recommend this for the budget concious traveler.

Room Tip: The rooms in the detached addition to the hotel appeared larger.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sguthiel
Reviewed 6 September 2011

This place was exactly what were looking for. It was cheap but it was clean. No bed bugs, mold or mildew, stained towels or ripping carpets like most other places at this price range. You shouldn't expect anything fancy at this price but if you want a clean, decent place to stay (close to Hershey Park), then pick this place. The breakfast was good too (2 types of cereal, good coffee, OJ, bread, fruit etc.). Staff was very friendly as well. We checked in late and they even offered us milk for our babies if we didn't have any of our own. All in all, our family was very happy and we will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: request a corner room if you have kids.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank musafir00
Reviewed 2 September 2011

Made my reservation in plenty of time,but the motel had plumbing problems. The manager Mr. Patel called me and arranged for us to stay at another motel. He also gave me his cell phone no. and told me to call if I had any problems. When I left I forgot my cell phone charger, the motel would not send it to me,so I called Mr. Patel and he went over to the other motel got my charger and sent it to me himself. When I do come back to Hershey I will stay at Americas Best Inn and will be pleased to meet Mr. Patel.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank JanetK425
Reviewed 21 August 2011

We stayed Monday and Tuesday nights (August 15 & 16). The staff and manager were very friendly and helpful to myself, my wife, and our six year old son. This is a family type motel and just the ticket for doing the "Hershey attractions" and having money left over for dinner and souvenirs! Don't expect the kind of beds you get at a "Bed & Breakfast Inn" (a little on the firm side) but if you want a place to sleep after a long day and then fruit and danish (and good coffee) for breakfast then this is the place for you.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Matt6211
Reviewed 16 August 2011

My boyfriend and I are experienced travelers and my boyfriend is in hotels for about 15 nights each month. On our recent trip to Hershey, we wanted to stay closeby and reading reviews on here decided to give this hotel a shot. BAD IDEA! We arrived at ABVI on a Sunday afternoon and were immediately skeptical. The building was run down and looked deserted. We went into the office and checked in. We paid for 3 nights at this time. The complimentary "breakfast" area looked very small, but we remained optimistic. (We saw the next morning that set up on a 2 foot stretch of counter space in the TINY "office" was packaged danishes, browning fruit, a loaf of bread with a toaster, and 2 containers of cereal.) We quickly unpacked the car and were very disappointed with the appearance of the room. It had a musty smell and was very run down. The bathroom was very small and there was nothing fancy about the room at all. We left for a day out and about, and when we returned at 10pm and took our shoes off, realized that the floor seemed wet and mildewed. We also tried to connect to the complimentary "WIFI" network and were unsuccessful The signal was not even picked up by our phones or computer. I called the front desk and was told that there was a router and that it should work. The front desk manager, Rick did not want to hear that it was not working. He just kept insisting there was wifi - not helpful if it isnt working! Eventually he said he would reset the router - the signal was still very weak and came in and out. At this point, we decided we were very unhappy here, and felt unsafe and DIRTY. We went to the front "office" to make a complaint and try to find a better alternative. I asked to speak to the manager and Rick said that the manager was unavailable and that we could speak to him about our problems instead. I explained the situation and he said there was nothing he could do until the morning because the hotel was full - which I doubt from the lack of cars. I said that we did not want to stay due to the unsafe room conditions - my allergies were getting worse each minute we sat in the room! My boyfriend (who is 6'5" and a big guy) asked again to speak to the manager and Rick said that he WAS the manager. (Even though a few minutes ago he said he was not?!!?) My boyfriend asked for the name and business card of the OWNER, to which Rick's response was that HE was the owner. He also treatened to call the cops on my boyfriend - we're still not sure why that happened! He eventually agreed to refund our money for the next two nights, but the night was already ruined. We were afraid to touch anything in the room and had to spend 2 hours trying to make other last minute accomodations. I also tried to call the corportate number - which I had to find myself online since Rick said they did not have a number for corporate (how does a business not have a corporate number available??) but thatwas extremely unhelpful as well. I guess America's Best Value Inn is NOT America's Best Customer Service Inn. There was no option to speak to a representative and the recording said to fax or mail any comments to the corporate offices. Really?!?! The next morning, after a terrible night's sleep on a very lumpy, uncomfortable bed, we were awoken at 8:40 by Rick who wanted to know if we were checking out and to tell us breakfast was closing at 930am. Perhaps he was trying to be helpful, but it was not a pleastant wake up! The shower was tiny and the water was cold within 3 minutes. Overall, a terrible experience. The room was disgusting and the customer "service" was even worse. We will NEVER stay at an America's Best Value Inn again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple