“Susan S”

Americas Best Value Inn Palmyra/Hershey
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Palmyra
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Superior and Excellant!!!! I have nothing to complain about. I live in the apartment and its AWESOME!!!! The manager and staff are extremely helpful. They are always available if i need something day or night. I consider them a part of my family. I help them as much as possible and would do anything to help them out. In my book, they are a 20 plus. :)

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank caregiver5360

Reviewed 3 June 2013

The reviews on here are correct and we were not disappointed. The room was large, clean, quiet, and a great price.It was close to attractions, restaurants, and was easy to find on the main road.The people at the front desk were very friendly and gave great suggestions for restaurants and other things to do in the area.I was impressed that the rooms had a refrigerator & microwave.
Our stay was wonderful and we would definitely visit again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank james f
Reviewed 2 June 2013

I attended a conference at the nearby Lebanon Valley College, and I spent two nights here.
I'm not terribly picky. I just want clean, comfortable, and quiet. Nothing fancy. Well, not only was this not fancy, it was not even adequate. I had to kill several bugs, including a HUGE spider that was crawling over the bedsheets my second night there. They must've gotten in through the door, because there was a huge space between the door and the doorframe, letting bugs, light, and sound into the room.
The tiny, scratchy bath towels stunk terribly - they smelled like they had been put away damp and left in some box in a basement for 5 years. I didn't even want to rub their stank on my body.
I was attending a conference, so I had hoped to iron a shirt. No luck. There was no iron or ironing board.
The water pressure and temperature fluctuated wildly. One moment it would be hot and strong, the next it would be freezing cold, then it would warm back up and slow down to a trickle. Absolutely horrible shower.
Oh, and the second day they deactivated my key cards, so I had to go get them re-activated. Not a big deal, but just another slight annoyance when you have armfuls of stuff you're trying to take into your room.
If this place was $50/night, I MIGHT think it was worth it. With nasty towels, big bugs, terrible shower, no ironing board - it's DEFINITELY not worth the price they charge.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the west side of the building, if you must stay. You'll have screaming people...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 May 2013

WOW. You get what you pay for with this one. Yes, the price is great, but the housekeeping staff walked right into our room TWICE and argued with me when I confronted the woman in the office. My husband gave a member of the staff a tip to bring some soap (since there was none in the room) and he never came back. Expect to go to the office any time you need something- poor service for sure.

Room Tip: don't bother
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2013

America's Best Value Inn, in Palmyra, PA is awesome. I spent Memorial Day weekend 2013 there with my entire family. It's located right in the middle of all the main attractions we wanted to visit and conveniently located right next to a gas station. The rooms are clean, the staff is always available and always accommodating and extremely attentive. Breakfast and coffee is available every morning and the scenery is amazing. Grass is clean cut, and ground is well kept enough for my one year old to run around on. This is our 3rd year staying here and this is definitely my go to place whenever I'm in PA. Definitely recommend this Inn to anyone who will listen.

Room Tip: Any room here you'll be happy with.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 May 2013

During my trip to central Pennsylvania I thoroughly enjoyed my accomadations. The customer service at the front desk was very friendly and informative. They gave great information about the area and direction throughout the area. I really appreciated the customer service. The hotel room was clean and quiet. There was plenty of parking. It made for a good trip.

Room Tip: I was in a no smoking room I think it made a difference
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 May 2013

when i arrived on the date of my reservation, Vijay the manager greeted me by name.
the room was neat and tidy and everything worked well. i had a good stay over several days. i wish all of my traveling experiences were this good.
Vijay and his staff do a fine job.
the other people in my group made a mistake and stayed at other places. they wished they had made their reservations with me at Americas Best Inn. they regretted their other hotels, while i told them all to use this one next time. i not only recommend Americas Best and Vijay, i already did to all of my group who flew in.

Room Tip: it is a quiet neigborhood, all of the rooms are good.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palmyra
Travelodge Hershey
#10 of 25 in Hershey
Econo Lodge Hershey
Econo Lodge Hershey
#14 of 25 in Hershey

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Palmyra/Hershey? Share your experiences!