We have stayed here many times in the past 7 years visiting my kids at a nearby college. But only because of the low cost and relative closeness to the college. We were always disappointed. But this past time we were pleasantly surprised to find the lovely upgrade that had taken place since the last time we stayed. Everything is fresh and beautiful!
But-- 2 glaring problems still remain.
1. Breakfast. You shouldn't even advertise that you have it. Truly pitiful. Coffee. Hot water. Tea bags. Loaf of bread and a toaster. ( nothing at all go on bread or toast ). A cellophane wrapped very thin tiny Danish type thing. And that is it!!
A few pieces of fruit, a few cold cereals, some packets of oatmeal would be minimal and at least be able to be called breakfast! But none of these are anywhere to be found.
2. The 2 tissue thin pieces of hand towel sized sandpaper do not count as bath towels!
This place would be truly a wonderful place to stay with these 2 tweaks. Charge a couple dollars more if you have to but if you did you would have much more business.
Everything else was really nice. Quiet. Immaculate. Comfortable beds. Nice area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Americas Best Value Inn Palmyra/Hershey, located in the Lebanon Valley between Annville and Hershey. We are only 3.5 miles from Hershey Park, where you can visit the famous chocolate factory and amusement park, go for a walk in the Hershey Gardens, or hike in the nearby woods. Other fun local attractions include Antique Automobile Club of America, Giant Center, Zoo America, and Mt Hope Estates and Winery. Palmyra Bowling Alley, Spring Creek Golf Course, and the Outlets At Hershey are minutes from our hotel. Local restaurants include Brass Rail Deli, Sopranos Pizza, and Cafe Campbelltown. Americas Best Value Inn Palmyra/Hershey is the perfect place for that special romantic getaway or to just get away from it all. Start your day right with our free continental breakfast. Take a refreshing dip in our sparkling outdoor pool open from Memorial Day - Labor Day. We also offer a tennis court. Guest rooms feature free wireless high-speed Internet access, microwave, mini-fridge, cable TV, hairdryer, and free local calls.At Americas Best Inn Palmyra/Hershey, We've Got You Covered from the time you hit the road until your head hits the pillow. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Expedia, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Americas Best Value Inn Palmyra/Hershey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.