“Best Italian on the Main Line”

San Nicola Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 32 Restaurants in Paoli
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Kids, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Paoli, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Italian on the Main Line”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

San Nicola never disappoints! Great friendly service and the price/value is tops. Great food at a price point that does not break the bank makes it a terrific combination. I highly recommend this spot.

• Visited February 2014

Devon,Pa
“Wonderful Atmospher”
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I have been to this restaurant twice this past week. I hadn't been there for awhile. I can honestly say, between the service, atmosphere and food this is the place to casual dine. Perfect back room for a private party! You can be sure while you are there you will see the owner/chef coming out strolling around to check on things. Coming up to talk to you if you give him a wave and a smile!!! Fantastic everything

• Visited January 2014
Lewes, Delaware
“Roll of the dice”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I am torn. A huge fan of San Nicola but not this night. Perhaps it was because it was a Monday but despite having a reservation the host was curt and dismissive. I even apologized for asking for assistance (direction to the ladies room). Food was consistently good and atmosphere after seated was acceptable. Not asking for personal attention but being treated as an afterthought is a tough one to swallow when the bill comes. Not feeling the love as a consistent diner. Looks like Anthony's gets my biz now. Tough one for me. Traditionally a San Nicola fan.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank gstockman
sannicola1, Owner at San Nicola Restaurant, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
I just saw this review. As co owner of San Nicola it is extremely disappointing and frustrating when staff members do not live up to the expectations of our customers or our expectations as an owner. We want each customer to leave with nothing less than a great experience. I am sorry that you had less than a pleasant experience at our establishment. I hope that you realize that your experience is NOT the norm at our establishment. We value each and every customer and hope that you will give us another chance sometime in the future.
Malvern, Pennsylvania
“Expensive but no problemo!”
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Been there a couple times. food always delicious, great ambience and good service. prices a little expensive that I would expect in Philly or NY but not Paoli, and that's the only reason I didn't rate it perfect.

Visited December 2013
2 Thank Mary L
Collingswood, NJ
“Wonderful Atmosphere - Great Dinner”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Dined at San Nicola while visiting Valley Forge National Park and staying at the Great Valley House. What a great restaurant. Delicious food, great service, and just the right amount of noise (happy patrons and clinking glasses!) Enjoyed the murals, the linen, and the comfortable dining rooms. Wait-staff was excellent. We were 5 minutes early for our reservation and they were ready for us (even on a very busy Friday evening.) We definitely recommend.

Visited November 2013