“Our Home Away From Home In The PA Amish Country”
Review of Rayba Acres Farm

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Paradise
Rayba Acres Farm
Reviewed 30 March 2011

My wife & I have been staying at Rayba Acres Farm 4-5 times per year for over the past 10 years. We love the peaceful farm surroundings centrally located in the middle of the PA Amish Country. They are open year-round and our most recent visit was in February. The rooms are spacious & clean with a private bath, small frig. & microwave. They have dish TV with new flat screen TVs. At the main house between Rooms 1-4, there is a lounge and gazebo area where family members can gather. We have previously reserved four rooms for a mini family reunion. This is not a B&B but as others mentioned, Dienners Restaurant is near by with an excellent inexpensive Breakfast Buffet (www.dienners.com). Rayba Acres (www.raybaacres.com) is an excellent place to observe the local Amish culture and base your day trips around Lancaster County.

Room Tip: Reserve early as possible!
  • Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank JimNTerri

Reviewed 19 April 2010

My husband 2 young boys and I stayed at Rayba Acres April 6th thru the 9th and we had a wonderful time. the room we styed in was spotless and very large with a king size bed double sofa sleeper and rocker recliner overlooking the farm. My boys loved it and loved fishing in the little stream that runs through the property there are cows miniature horses chickens and some donkeys(there was one that followed my oldest son through the field everfytime he came in , stopping when he stopped walking where he walked very cute) . We were scheduled to stay 2 nites but added a third because we loved it so much.
We are already talking about going back again we can't wait..when we left Rayba Acres we had reservations at Travelers Rest in Bird In Hand and although the rooms we nice they are nothing compared to Rayba Acres.I only wish we had booked our room at the farm longer, the kids didn't ever want to leave..what a wonderful relaxing vacation

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank momszoo
Reviewed 16 September 2009

Traveled with my husband, grandpop, + twin 3 yr olds. Spent all day at Cherry Crest Adventure Farm + we were exhausted. Rayba Acres was 2 minutes from there. It is just lovely. We stayed in room 6. Extremely clean + very, very quiet. My husband took a nap while the kids played outside until dinner. The kids loved the friendly orange cat that greeted us outside. We all went to dinner, the Bird in hand smorgasbord---bad food + then came back to give them baths(very clean bathroom) + we were all in bed by 10pm. Everyone slept well. Coffee pot was a great bonus in the morning. Grand pop + I enjoyed that! About the only problem we had was the TV. Not many channels but that didn't affect us in the least. I brought coloring books + a few small toys for the kids to play with. No child was harmed by the lack of TV channels.... :) :) :) Next morning we checked out + ate breakfast at Dienner's (http://www.dienners.com) which was so fantastic I don't know what to say except we went back + ate dinner there the same day. Yum, Yum, Yum.
What can I say, this was a clean, quiet place + I would without a doubt go back but hopefully longer than 1 night next time. Thank you.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank redgarden
Reviewed 15 July 2009

My husband and I and our baby just stayed at Rayba Acres Farm for two nights. We had a wonderful stay. This is the perfect location; off the beaten path but close to all the attractions. Our room was large, spotless, and extremely quiet. We had neighbors, and didn't here a sound from room. The farm animals were great, and included many cats and kittens, cows, and miniature donkeys and horses. I would love to stay here again sometime.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank Anne S
Reviewed 3 June 2008

Very nice location and exceptionally quiet. Rayba Acres offers a beautiful location and nice/clean room for the same price or less than many of the hotels/motels along congested Route 30.

Rayba Acres consists of 6 guest rooms. Four of the rooms (Rooms 1-4 I believe) are in the newer house pictured on their website (raybaacres.com). The other two rooms are in the older, red brick farm house near the barns.

The rooms are simple and clean . . . not luxury accommodations, but very homey, comfortable, bright, and spacious. Our room (#2) had a fridge, microwave, king bed, satellite television, and sitting area.

Rayba Acres is located on a working dairy farm. We were told that there are currently 50+ cows with a few calves having been born on Memorial Day. Besides the cows, there were 4 or 5 donkeys, and barn cats.

It is centrally located for excursions throughout Lancaster County - Strasburg, the Strasburg Railroad, and PA Railroad Museum are about 3 miles west, Route 30's outlet malls are about 3 miles north, and the shops and sites of Bird-in-Hand and Intercourse are a short trip away along quiet roads. Although I don't bicycle, I couldn't help but think that Rayba Acres would be an ideal destination for people interested in bicycle excursions along the back roads.

In short . . . a bargain if you want peace and quiet, yet access to Lancaster County's activities. We will be back!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
2  Thank JasonGG
Reviewed 27 August 2007

All I can say about my stay at Rayba Acres is "Delightful". We stayed for 2 nights and would have stayed a third night but we didn't have reservations and the rooms were all booked. This is a beautiful farm setting that offers so much peace and tranquility. The rooms were very very clean and well decorated. The property was such a pleasure to wake up to in the morning, so much that we took a walk around the farm each morning we awoke. The office staff as well as the farm staff were very pleasant and friendly. I would definitely stay here again and indeed plan on it in the near future! I truely recommend Rayba Acres Farm to anyone who likes a country farm setting and a peaceful vacation.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
2  Thank bbtypist
Reviewed 8 October 2005

After 3 nights in a Lancaster hotel we could not take another night of the noise and traffic. We called Rayba Acres and they had a cancellation, so we quickly took the room with 2 queen beds. The room was nicely furnished and the peace and quiet was wonderful. We enjoyed walking around the farm and the clip clop of the amish horse and buggys going by. During the day you can hear the whistle of the Strasburg Steam Engine train going through the valley. We stayed a day longer than planned because we were enjoying the farm so much. The rate was very reasonable, so you need to call eary as they stay booked most of the time. We were fortunate to get a room on short notice, Rayba Acres was the perfect ending to a great vacation.

• Stayed: October 2005
8  Thank carolinagirl019
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paradise
Bird-In-Hand Family Inn
Eden Resort and Suites, BW Premier Collection
Country Inn of Lancaster
Country Inn of Lancaster
#17 of 40 in Lancaster
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lancaster (Amish Country)

Been to Rayba Acres Farm? Share your experiences!