“Fallen in love with Amish Country”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Paradise
Frogtown Acres Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 4 Paradise B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 October 2011

Besides Gloria's wonderful breakfast & Joe's insightful knowledge of the local area & hilarious stories, on one evening, Gloria took us to an Amish house and we had dinner with the Amish family. The Amish mother & her daughters made a delicious meal. We really enjoyed it. It's a very unique opportunity and a fun way to get to meet some Amish folks.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 August 2011

I really don't know where to start..I have been going to Frogtown Acres for 12 years or more. This is a second home for me and Joe & Gloria have become family to me. They welcome you and you feel this is home!
Gloria cooks a wonderful breakfast every morning. Joe introduces all guests at the breakfast table. It's amazing to meet people staying from different parts of the world.
All I can say,stay there at least once to experience this place. Believe me, you will always come back.
Many hugs to Gloria & Joe.
Donna

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank DonnaNYC824
Reviewed 2 August 2011

What an awesome B&B. We have stayed at many B&Bs as well as historic hotels - this was one of our favorites. Joe and Gloria treat you like family - the breakfast was amazing. Joe's knowledge of the local area (and customs) was very insightful. The accommodations were great - the bed was comfy - the hospitality priceless. We will be back!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dpelgrim
Reviewed 1 August 2011

I stayed at Frogtown Acres last month for a few days, and I can't recommend it enough! My room was charming and clean, but most of all the owners, Joe and Gloria, made me feel at home right from the start. This was my first trip alone and I truly did not feel alone at all! Breakfast was delicious every day and all of the guests lingered at the table just visiting, and lsitening to Joe's hilarious stories, I will be back!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank domsoma
Reviewed 13 June 2011

We accidentally came across this B&B and but once we were warmly welcomed by our host Joe, we were very glad that we were staying here. The buildings are beautiful and the decor was so nice. The grounds were just stunning and listening to just peace and quiet was something I dont get very often. Joe recommended a great tavern for dinner which allowed us to relax knowing we were in his capable hands. For people who think B&B's are for oldies, they are wrong. Being young 20-somethings, we were expecting to be bored but we loved every minute of staying and we left feeling like family. The next morning around the breakfast table (fresh fruit was beautiful) we got great advice and heard travel tips from the other guests. This was one of the highlights of our girls trip to the US and I will definitely be back. We just wished we got to stay longer!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Carlyfromdownunder
Reviewed 10 March 2011

When we arrived we saw a beautiful garden with fireflies all around it. It looked like a fairytale. Joe welcomed us very friendly and told us that breakfast was served the next morning at 8.30. We rented the Alcove room a very nice, cosy room. Our teenage daughter was happy with her own private Alcove. The next morning Joe introduced us to the other visitors, making jokes and telling where everybody came from. The special kind way he did this made that people at the breakfast table weren't strangers but were communicating with eachother. Very special. After breakfast Joe draw us a map with all the things we should see in the area. Where they have the best icecream, where you can do a buggy ride, where you can lunch..... We did his route and met nice, kind people, ate the best homemade icecream and had a great time. The next morning we ate together a nice homemade breakfast. Joe and the other guests were talking and giving tips how to spend our day best. All in all this was the best adress we stayed. Lovely rooms, comfortable beds, delicious breakfast and a very kind, enthusiastic host. When you want to see how life is in Amish Country, go to Frogtown Acres!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 February 2011

our room was gorgeous with the draping fabric over the bed. The fireplace was lovely. The horses going by into the night was neat too. The breakfast was wonderful and fresh. We loved that the owners sat and ate with us, although that may be off putting to some to have a big family style community breakfast. But me and my guy love to chat and meet new people. My only complaint was that the shower in our room was rather tiny and I wish we had a tub....but it served its purpose none the less

• Stayed: December 2010

Been to Frogtown Acres Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!