“A B&B like no other”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Paradise
Frogtown Acres Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 4 Paradise B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 November 2011

We needed a place to stay when we changed our trip itinerary suddenly. (We decided to avoid New York because of the Wall Street protesters and stay in Lancaster Co. instead. Good decision.) My wife researched many motels on Trip Advisor looking for Friday and Saturday accommodations. She came across this B&B and was impressed with the reviews. Since Frogtown does not have a website, she called with little hope of getting a room. It was our lucky day! Joe had just received a cancellation so we were able to get a room for the two nights. Upon meeting Joe, it was like you had known him for years. Being an innkeeper is definitely his calling. You could use many words to describe the property - quaint, interesting, quirky, unique, funky, rural, nostalgic - but at the end of your stay you will be happy you stayed here. Our room was on the ground floor. It was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was small, but the shower was good. The bed was comfortable. There was no TV and I don't think there was a phone in the room. But you don't really care. The local area is your entertainment and you will meet the nicest people staying here. Many who are regular guests. The breakfasts, which we enjoyed for two hours, were excellent. Joe was running the place by himself that weekend so he prepared to two breakfasts. Joe tried to schedule a meal with an Amish family, but it was harvest season so that didn't happen. That was okay. The places Joe sent us were excellent. One night, after returning from supper, Joe and a newly arrived couple sat in Joe's home and talked for over an hour. Just like you would do if you hadn't seen a friend for several years. If we go back to or through Lancaster Co., we will definitely stay at Frogtown Acres again.

Room Tip: Request the Alcove room if you want more space or upstairs if you don't mind the steps. BUT do...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 October 2011

Was recommended this B and B by a friend so was looking forward to it.
As we were from Australia, we wanted this Lancaster experience to be memorable. My husband and 2 teenage children (17 and 13) were sceptical about the place when we arrived (they were only coming because it was a dream of mine) but after 4 days they didn't want to leave.....so much so that we did come back 2 weeks later for another night at my teens request.
What can I say expect Joe and Gloria make this place what it is.
The rooms ( we stayed in the Balcony room first then the Alcove room second) were beautifully decorated and very comfortable.
Breakfast was a treat. We had Amish neighbours in for coffee, and the homemade meal was fantastic and Joe kept us entertained with his stories (and saxaphone playing) plus it was wonderful meeting people from all walks of life....we spent over an hour and half most mornings at the breakfast table.
We were taken to have a meal/dinner with an Amish family (friends of Joe and Glorias) which was magnificent and their neighbour took us on a buggy ride.
Location of the B and B is beautiful and right in the heart of the amish land.
My teens loved talking to Joe and Gloria, playing competitive fun games with Joe and other guests and they were taken fishing at the local creek with Joe where they did catch plenty of fish, and our board games nights with both Joe and Gloria and other guests were so much fun.
Advise is given on where to go and what to see in the local area.
We didn't want to leave and my two teenagers ( after travelling 6500km around the East Coast including the Florida theme parks) declared their favourite part of our trip was our time in Paradise.
If it is possible (seeing as we live 17000 km away) we will return.

Room Tip: Book early!!!!!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank frizzy63
Reviewed 13 October 2011

If you want to feel like you've come home to long lost family, visit Joe and Gloria's Frogtown Acres.
Beautiful and fun accommodations. It's impossible to count all the different (stuffed, ceramic, etc.) frogs in your room and all around.
Joe is your tour guide with recommendations of where to go and eat, visit, and shop.
If you want to meet Amish this is the place, Breakfast is included and as we found out we'll have Amish company there at the table with us. We had such a good time there with the other guests and Joe and Gloria that before we realized it we'd spent almost 2 hours there.
We've been to Amish country many times and this is the nicest place we've been.
We'll be back here next time and every time.
Thanks Joe and Gloria for making us feel like family.
Peter and Candy,
Northport, NY

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2011

Besides Gloria's wonderful breakfast & Joe's insightful knowledge of the local area & hilarious stories, on one evening, Gloria took us to an Amish house and we had dinner with the Amish family. The Amish mother & her daughters made a delicious meal. We really enjoyed it. It's a very unique opportunity and a fun way to get to meet some Amish folks.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2011

I really don't know where to start..I have been going to Frogtown Acres for 12 years or more. This is a second home for me and Joe & Gloria have become family to me. They welcome you and you feel this is home!
Gloria cooks a wonderful breakfast every morning. Joe introduces all guests at the breakfast table. It's amazing to meet people staying from different parts of the world.
All I can say,stay there at least once to experience this place. Believe me, you will always come back.
Many hugs to Gloria & Joe.
Donna

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank DonnaNYC824
Reviewed 2 August 2011

What an awesome B&B. We have stayed at many B&Bs as well as historic hotels - this was one of our favorites. Joe and Gloria treat you like family - the breakfast was amazing. Joe's knowledge of the local area (and customs) was very insightful. The accommodations were great - the bed was comfy - the hospitality priceless. We will be back!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dpelgrim
Reviewed 1 August 2011

I stayed at Frogtown Acres last month for a few days, and I can't recommend it enough! My room was charming and clean, but most of all the owners, Joe and Gloria, made me feel at home right from the start. This was my first trip alone and I truly did not feel alone at all! Breakfast was delicious every day and all of the guests lingered at the table just visiting, and lsitening to Joe's hilarious stories, I will be back!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank domsoma
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paradise
Best Western Plus Revere Inn & Suites
Harvest Drive Family Inn
#3 of 3 in Intercourse
Carriage Corner Bed and Breakfast
Inn at Kitchen Kettle Village

Been to Frogtown Acres Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!