“Back again for the 4th time all the way from OZ!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Paradise
Frogtown Acres Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 4 Paradise B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I have written a previous review in 2011 when we first discovered this amazing place and we have just returned for the 4th time. Being from Australia, it is a long trip to get to but it is well worth it.
In 2013, I stayed here for 2 and a half weeks. The first week I was on my own and it was a wonderful time of relaxation and catching up with Joe and Gloria the world class hosts. My husband and teenage son arrived for the last week and again it was a wonderful time. The ambience of Paradise and Frogtown are therapeutic and you leave feeling extremely refreshed.
Just recently, my husband and I had an unexpected trip via New York and there was no way we were not going to detour to Paradise to visit Frogtown. 5 glorious days later, we left,sad to go but extremely revitalised from Paradise itself but mainly from spending time with Joe and Gloria.
Everything at Frogtown is perfect. The rooms are excellent and we have stayed in every single one. Each room has its own unique charm. The area is perfectly safe to walk in and we Aussies love to walk so it is an easy walk into Intercourse and around the farmlands.
Breakfasts are still the highlight of the day. Apart from the delicious food, Joe is the perfect host. We had a lot of fun discussing Australian slang but also the conversation can turn to serious topics which can be very interesting when you have a full breakfast table of guests from different walks of life. I love meeting other people at breakfast and we would all still be sitting there until 10am drinking copious amounts of coffee and talking like old friends.
If you want to meet Amish people, then their Neighbours David and Aaron will pop in for coffee most breakfasts and they are the most fun characters you could ever meet. Buggies travel by all day and it is still a thrill for me to watch them.
There are plenty of places nearby to shop and eat at and Joe will recommend some for you. We recommend Intercourse for shopping for small household nick backs......we had to buy another bag to carry it all home on the plane......everything is so cheap and reasonable and we just don't have some of the variety back home. My Australian home has lots of 'Lancaster' scattered throughout it.
We hope to get back there again but distance is our deciding factor but if we lived nearby, we would be regular ( although 4 times in 4 years almost makes us regulars).
As I said in my first review, you will arrive as strangers, leave as friends.

Room Tip: If you don't want stairs, let them know as two rooms are upstairs.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank frizzy63

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I just returned from a two night stay at Frogtown Acres and I can't wait to return. Joe and Gloria are truly amazing people. Joe took the time to map out local attractions that would give us a taste of the "real" Amish experience and his recommendations were spot on. The inn is everything you could hope for and more. The Fireplace Room is clean, spacious, and beautifully decorated. I loved hearing the Amish buggies pass right outside the window. The breakfast is incredibly yummy and served family style, allowing the guests to minge and laugh with each other, as well as the Amish neighbors. Thank you, Joe and Gloria for making our trip special.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Joe and Gloria are the consummate hosts, and make everyone's stay the most enjoyable. We love the restful atmosphere and fun times, and Joe's amazing stories. The rooms are unique and charming, and Gloria's breakfasts are hearty and filling.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank I B
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Truly a warm and inviting inn. Gloria and Joe are genuine salt of the earth people who share their unique place with the outmost of charm.

Our room was " The Balcony Room." It was clean and delightfully appointed in the custom of the local atmosphere. Beautiful area of farming country surrounds the inn. Ten minutes from the town, yet at the inn you feel as if you are miles away. Outside the window you can see and hear the clip clip of the horse and buggies as the Amish go about their daily routines.

The purpose of our trip was to go to the National Christmas Museum in Paradise, another delightful place for those who long for Christmas past. Finding Frogtown Acres was the icing on the cake for us.

Breakfast was scrumptious, Gloria cooked while Joe shared local lore and entertained the guests as we gathered to share the morning meal. Loved the morning prayer/meditation from Gloria one morning and Joe the next morning. Felt like family times.

Highly recommend this inn. Mike and Trish from Michigan

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Patricia M
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Very warm welcome, excellent facilities, great home-cooked breakfasts. Joe is very informative about the local area. Friendly conversations around the breakfast table with regulars and newcomers alike. The inn is well located to get a sense of the Amish country. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 November 2013

My wife, daughter, and myself just spent a wonderful weekend at Frogtown Acres. The hosts, Joe and Gloria, made us all feel very welcome after a very long trip there (we are from Maine). Breakfasts were wonderful. Our room was spotless and very comfortable and warm, in spite of the very cold and windy weather.
As we were first time visitors to the area, Joe provided us with a map and a large and varied list of many "off the beaten track" suggestions to visit. We had a wonderful time exploring!
The inns setting, on a quiet back road surrounded by farms, was very special. We routinely watched Amish folks in their horse drawn buggies go right past the inn. In addition, it was amazing to watch the farmer across the road plowing his field with a team of 6 horses! He was also the picture of friendliness, stopping for a few minutes to talk with us.
We will go back, and hope that it is sooner, not later!!

Room Tip: With only 4 rooms, I would recommend booking early. Along with our room, we saw another, equally nic...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank robert s
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Can't wait to return! Joe is an amazing host. Did not get to meet Gloria, but I am sure she is just as amazing. The setting is perfect. Loved the visits from the local Amish farmers in the morning. The breakfast was delicious as well.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paradise
Best Western Plus Revere Inn & Suites
Harvest Drive Family Inn
#3 of 3 in Intercourse
Carriage Corner Bed and Breakfast
Inn at Kitchen Kettle Village

Been to Frogtown Acres Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!