“Pleasantly surprised by this expeience”

Rainbow's Comedy Playhouse
Ranked #2 of 6 things to do in Paradise
More attraction details
Owner description: All Comedy, All the Time! Fine dining and critically acclaimed shows in Paradise, PA. When was the last time you had a good laugh? America's only all comedy dinner theatre! Call for tickets or order on-line.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase
Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Pleasantly surprised by this expeience”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I had won two tickets at an auction to this place and frankly wasn't expecting much, but I didn't want to let the tickets go to waste. My husband and I both really enjoyed our evening. The food was good, the service was great, and the show was funny -what more could we ask for? We plan to come back as soon as we can swing another night away.

Visited August 2014

New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Matinee ate up too much of the day”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I went to a matinee show, and it seemed to take much longer than other dinner theaters I have been to. The meal started at 11:30, and the show started at 1:00 and ended around 3:30. It was a much larger chunk of the day than I was planning to devote to it. The food was ok; nothing to write home about, and I considered it a very small selection for a buffet. Salads were already on the table (no "make your own" options); there was one (dry) chicken, one fish, and one beef entree, plus a tortellini dish and 2 different cooked vegetables. The show (Always a Bridesmaid) had a few very funny moments but dragged overall for me.

2 Thank rmdela
New Britain, Connecticut
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“AWESOME BIRTHDAY WEEKEND”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We came to see the show for my wife's birthday. This was our 3rd visit. We stayed at the Creekside Inn next door. Dennis and Cathy told us how good this show was and it certainly was. Cindy and Dave are gracious hosts and always make everyone feel at home. They changed the menu from a buffet to a sit down and it did not disappoint. The food was excellent as usual and the service was very good. Cindy came by several times to make sure all was good. We were there for the Saturday show(7/26/14) and it was only the second night for the sit down. We gave great feedback because we really enjoyed it. I like the buffet; but it was nice not to have to get up and get what we needed. It was nice to have someone take care of us totally.
The show was great as usual and found us laughing hard and often. There is nothing better than a comedy for relaxing.
Good for Dave and Cindy for trying something different for the food portion and leaving the comedy part alone. Totally enjoyed the show like the other two we've seen. Looking forward to the Christmas show.

FranC

Bucks County, PA
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Bad food, show was so-so”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We saw "Always a Bridesmaid" at a lunchtime showing. The comedy was a bit weak. Not a lot of belly laughs for us, but some chuckling. Acting was ok, a couple lines stumbled over. I guess not so bad. The food, however, was terribly disappointing. The whole buffet line was tasteless. I didn't even go back for seconds on this all-you-can-eat buffet...almost sacrilege with my appetite. Dessert (choice of cake or pie) was very good, but they bring you just one piece of that, no seconds. I left hungry.

To be fair, their usual clientele, the senior bus crowd, seemed like they were having a nice day out. Also to be fair, I went back for an extra roll and butter.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank jimmydahiker
Bethesda, Maryland
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Mediocre show with good acting. Food was not great.”
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

We saw Always a Bridesmaid. The acting was excellent. The story was a bit long and it became boring. The food was mass produced and very average.

1 Thank Sindyu