“Horrible Experience”

Rodeway Inn Paradise
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Paradise
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Absolutely no hot water in the shower, no somewhat warm, just COLD. No tv remote, no chair, no tissues, one itsy bitsy bar of soap, no shampoo, no working electrical outlet at the mirror and a very nasty man at the front desk. Looked ok from the outside, but Do Not Stop Here! No frills here means no anything! Free morning coffee - Ha, Ha!

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank DJinNJ
There are newer reviews for Rodeway Inn Paradise

Reviewed 30 June 2012

We needed a room for just one night, so we reserved a room here. Our room was spacious and it did have a frige. However, there was no hair dryer, no shampoo, no coffee maker, and only 1 small bar of soap in our room. I'm so glad I had packed those items. No breakfast here! Very disappointing, since most hotels offer those items to their guests.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Our stay here was tolerable as we only needed a bed for the night. The owners were cooking something with curry and the smell was everywhere. The room didn't have toilet paper and we had to go get it from someone who seemed like we were bothering him to ask for toilet paper. The room didn't have soap or shampoo either. It wasn't disgusting as others have said, but the cooking smell and courtesy could be easily improved and make the guest experience better. As is, I wouldn't come back here. We will use this place as the example to compare other bad places to ("...at least it's better than the Rodeway in Paradise, PA...")

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 January 2012

I thought this would be a nice hotel since the picture was very nice. It couldn't have been worse! It all started with the booking. I booked this hotel approximately 3 weeks before our trip at $75. The day we left, the rate went down to $52!! And I could not cancel and re-book (it had to be done 24hrs prior). And let me tell you the room wasn't even worth $52, There was hair in the bed, obviously not ours! and the pillows were so flat, I'm sure they hadn't been changed since the 70's. I was litterally scared to sleep in or on top of the bed. GROSS! And don't even ask about breakfast, the vending machine only had 2 things in it, crackers and peanuts. And when I mean 2 things, I mean the whole vending machine only had 2 packages, Oh, and there was the chirping noise all night out side our door. I believe it was a dying battery from a smoke detector, how annoying all night long! I could not wait to leave. This is my 2nd bad experience at a Rodeway Inn. Thankfully I don't have children because I would have never let them step foot in that room. I barely wanted to with shoes on!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank specialk3661
Reviewed 29 November 2011

I can not understand the negetive reviews about this Rodeway Inn. I have been a guest here for at least 7 nights over the past 3 years. Yes this is an economy type motel and yes there is very little in the way of extra services. What you do get for about $49.00 per night is a clean, comfortable lodging experience right in the middle of one of the largest tour areas in the USA. The owners here are very acommodating and friendly. When I check in I get a hand shake and warm greeting from Sunile who happens to be the owner. If your looking for a clean, comfortable hotel and your on a tight budget this is the place to be.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank amishboy
Reviewed 23 October 2011

We redeemed our choice rewards points to stay overnight in this hotel. What a waste of points. We had to ring the bell several times before anyone even showed up. The hallways reaked of cigarette smoke, the toilet seat was broken. The one and only roll of toilet paper went rolling across the floor with the first tug. There was NO HOT WATER for a shower, and the tub and sink drains were clogged. The pillows were flat as a pancake, but in all fairness, the mattress was comfortable. The sheets/pillow cases looked not so fresh. It was near the highway and very noisy. No sound proofing inside the hotel either. You could hear everyone walking and moving around all night. I would never stay here again. Goes to show, you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Don't go cheap, you will pay for it one way or the other!!!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Beverlina E
Reviewed 12 October 2011

Check in was rather slow. No one was at the desk, so I rang the bell and waited. After what seemed like quite a while I rang it again and then went looking to see if anyone was around. When I got back there was a person at the desk.

Room 101 is a wheelchair accessible room with a king size bed and grab bars in the bathroom. The bed was comfortable but the three pillows were very thin. The room and bathroom were clean. The towels were also very thin. Although the room did not face the highway, there was some highway noise in the morning.

The "fresh continental breakfast"as described on the Rodeway Inn web site, consisted of a basket containing a few pre-packaged sticky buns and a coffee machine. It would qualify as the least impressive continental breakfast I have ever seen at a motel.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paradise
Best Western Plus Revere Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn Lancaster - Rockvale Outlets
Comfort Suites Amish Country
Comfort Suites Amish Country
#14 of 40 in Lancaster

Been to Rodeway Inn Paradise? Share your experiences!