“Hotel”

Rodeway Inn Paradise
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Paradise
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Just spent one night at the Rodeway in Paradise, PA. Nice room, very clean, fluffy bath towels, no tissues. Had to ask for hand towels and soap. No breakfast of any kind. Cost of one night was more that the Rodeway/Lancaster, PA. which is just up the road a few miles. Would not stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Muriel W

Reviewed 20 October 2012 via mobile

For the money this is an excellent value. Its no frills, and that's fine. It's immaculate, and nicely laid out and the husband and wife that own and run it are super people. We had a terrific stay and will stay here again.

This is how a hotel should be run.

Thank you.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank BrooklynGirl61
Reviewed 20 October 2012 via mobile

There is absolutely nothing wrong with this hotel. It is run by a husband and wife who are genuinely committed to making their guests comfortable. Rooms are spotless, and efficient. The rates of this CHOICE are fair and reasonable. Very pleased with professionalism and quality service.

"Mr Joyce and Mr Carlson I hope your paying attention. This is how a Rodeway should be run and represents the CHOICE brand well in the Amish country. They do an excellent job!

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Absolutely no hot water in the shower, no somewhat warm, just COLD. No tv remote, no chair, no tissues, one itsy bitsy bar of soap, no shampoo, no working electrical outlet at the mirror and a very nasty man at the front desk. Looked ok from the outside, but Do Not Stop Here! No frills here means no anything! Free morning coffee - Ha, Ha!

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank DJinNJ
Reviewed 30 June 2012

We needed a room for just one night, so we reserved a room here. Our room was spacious and it did have a frige. However, there was no hair dryer, no shampoo, no coffee maker, and only 1 small bar of soap in our room. I'm so glad I had packed those items. No breakfast here! Very disappointing, since most hotels offer those items to their guests.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Our stay here was tolerable as we only needed a bed for the night. The owners were cooking something with curry and the smell was everywhere. The room didn't have toilet paper and we had to go get it from someone who seemed like we were bothering him to ask for toilet paper. The room didn't have soap or shampoo either. It wasn't disgusting as others have said, but the cooking smell and courtesy could be easily improved and make the guest experience better. As is, I wouldn't come back here. We will use this place as the example to compare other bad places to ("...at least it's better than the Rodeway in Paradise, PA...")

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 January 2012

I thought this would be a nice hotel since the picture was very nice. It couldn't have been worse! It all started with the booking. I booked this hotel approximately 3 weeks before our trip at $75. The day we left, the rate went down to $52!! And I could not cancel and re-book (it had to be done 24hrs prior). And let me tell you the room wasn't even worth $52, There was hair in the bed, obviously not ours! and the pillows were so flat, I'm sure they hadn't been changed since the 70's. I was litterally scared to sleep in or on top of the bed. GROSS! And don't even ask about breakfast, the vending machine only had 2 things in it, crackers and peanuts. And when I mean 2 things, I mean the whole vending machine only had 2 packages, Oh, and there was the chirping noise all night out side our door. I believe it was a dying battery from a smoke detector, how annoying all night long! I could not wait to leave. This is my 2nd bad experience at a Rodeway Inn. Thankfully I don't have children because I would have never let them step foot in that room. I barely wanted to with shoes on!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!