“Not Paradise in Paradise”

Rodeway Inn Paradise
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Paradise
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Not Paradise in Paradise”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Stayed for 3 nights. No hot water the first day I checked in. Bed & Pillows very hard/flat/worn. All linens were stained (sheets/towels). The TV was the same TV I used to have in my room as a child, back in the early 90's. No housecleaning after the first night. Then when they did on the last day, it made me kinda worry. That evening I reached for a washcloth while in the shower and noticed that it was the SAME EXACT DIRTY washcloth I had thrown on the floor the night before. It was dry, so I guess they figured they would just hang it back up again. GROSS! At least the "new" bath towel was clean, well at least kinda smelled clean anyway. I dont know how to compare it to other hotels in the area, but from other "2-star" hotels I have stayed at, this hotel is far over rated. Should be a 1-star.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Galloway
Reviewed 19 November 2013

My one friend stayed at the Rodeway Inn last year when she went to Lancaster. We left her make the reservation that was a mistake. When we checked in the small lobby has an old smell to it. On the way up to our rooms we took the stairs that were very dirty. My one friend and I went to our room she went into the shower I was tired so I pulled the sheets back on my bed to my surprise there was black hair on the pillow cases and the sheets! A broken finger or toe nail so I text my friends in the other room who laughed at me until they turned down their bed & seen hair all over their sheets. I called down stairs told the lady there was hair on the pillow sheets could I have new ones she said okay come down and get them What Really!! So I did & a man gave me the pillow covers I proceeded to tell him the sheets were dirty also & he gave me an attitude and said well I wouldn't sleep in there then. Where was I suppose to sleep it was late. We go back to the rooms, my friend in my room said don't look at the toilet its gross there was urine & public hair on the back of the toilet! There was dried toothpaste spit on the faucet .

Room Tip: Don't stay at that place! It was really dirty and gross. I wouldn't stay there again if it w...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
eastern shore of Md.
Reviewed 25 September 2013

The desk is UNMANNED. You have to holler to get anyone to come to the front desk. We noticed we only had one bath, washcloth and hand towel and no soap. We called down to the desk and it rang 22 times and no one answered. My husband went to the front desk and hollered and the attentant gave him one bar of soap for both the bathtub and the sink (which is in another room). No breakfast was given. Coffee was available on Saturday but no splenda, only sugar and no spoons to stir it. On Sunday (8:15 AM) the coffee was cold and from the day before. The desk is full of room keys left on the Counter before no one is there to collect them or give you a receipt. Our room key didn't work but that was okay because the previous guest had left his on the nightstand.Makes you wonder how much the room was cleaned from the previous guest.

Room Tip: Advoid this place like the plaque.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mariemhammond
MA
Reviewed 27 August 2013

We arrived after driving for 8 hours straight we were exhausted and had reservations for a week at this hotel. First of all the pictures on the internet look much better than the hotel does in person. We asked the lady at the front desk if we could see the room since we are traveling with a pet. I believe her name was Pat. She showed us the room and we looked under the bed since we knew our cat might go under there. What a mess the mattress underneath had a big hole in it and the strings were hanging and there was so many food wrappers and dust balls under there. So, she showed us another room after a couple of rooms we found one that was somewhat clean. So, we paid for the week and she made us some keys. The key would not work the first, second or third time she made them. Her reply when she is trying these keys in the door "I hate this place"!!!! She called the owner and he said he would be 20 minutes after an hour later he shows up.By this time we were ready for bed we were so exhausted!

Let me say I have traveled alot I have never ever dealt with such a rude man in my life!!!!! He told us that we called his place a dump (which we never did we might have thought it but never said it aloud). He never once apologize for the wait or the confusion with the keys. He was just speaking to us very loudly and rudely the whole time. Asked us what room we wanted we told him the room number he said you can't have that room if you are traveling with a pet. We tried to explaing to him the other rooms were a mess he didnt want to hear this. And Pat the employee that showed us the room never ever told us that there were only certain rooms for pets. He told us that we can have another room or a full refund. We picked the room went up and looked at it and could not stay yes the room was a dump!! Please people look under your beds and the furniture. There was crap under the bed and something sticky running down the front of the TV stand. So, we went down to the front desk and told him we wanted a refund since the room was unsuitable. Never once did he apologize or anything let us leave without a hotel or anywhere to go around 7PM and we arrived at 5PM. Thank goodness we found a lovely hotel that I was able to make reservations at.

I would not recommed this hotel to anyone traveling with or without a pet. The hotel is filthy, staff hates the hotel (that should say something), mgmt / owners are rude, loud and loves to argue with their customers. The health board needs to make a visit and shut this place (or dump as I was accused of calling it) down! These owners only have been there 2 years and they need to move on out of the hotel business believe me they have no talent for this position!

This is the first time I have ever done a review but I don't ever ever want another person traveling and run into this problem at this hotel as they call it!! So, please please people stay away and look there are other great hotels that take pets and are clean and where mgmt is nice!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Bengals2
Hackensack, New Jersey
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Just spent one night at the Rodeway in Paradise, PA. Nice room, very clean, fluffy bath towels, no tissues. Had to ask for hand towels and soap. No breakfast of any kind. Cost of one night was more that the Rodeway/Lancaster, PA. which is just up the road a few miles. Would not stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Muriel W
Reviewed 20 October 2012 via mobile

For the money this is an excellent value. Its no frills, and that's fine. It's immaculate, and nicely laid out and the husband and wife that own and run it are super people. We had a terrific stay and will stay here again.

This is how a hotel should be run.

Thank you.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank BrooklynGirl61
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 October 2012 via mobile

There is absolutely nothing wrong with this hotel. It is run by a husband and wife who are genuinely committed to making their guests comfortable. Rooms are spotless, and efficient. The rates of this CHOICE are fair and reasonable. Very pleased with professionalism and quality service.

"Mr Joyce and Mr Carlson I hope your paying attention. This is how a Rodeway should be run and represents the CHOICE brand well in the Amish country. They do an excellent job!

• Stayed October 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paradise
Best Western Plus Revere Inn & Suites
#3 of 3 in Intercourse
Comfort Inn Lancaster - Rockvale Outlets
Clarion Inn Historic Strasburg Inn
Sleep Inn, Inn & Suites Ronks

Been to Rodeway Inn Paradise? Share your experiences!