“Heaven in Paradise”
Review of Creekside Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Paradise
Creekside Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Paradise B&B and Inns
Vincentown
“Heaven in Paradise”
Reviewed 10 July 2010

As a solo woman traveler, I felt like I found the best B&B ever. I felt so secure at the Inn and enjoyed the friendships I made at the Inn. Cathy and Dennis were the most gracious hosts making me feel right at home. Dennis helped carry my luggage to my room on the second floor as well as carrying it down when I checked out. It was raining when I left and he even moved my car closer to the door and loaded my luggage. What a great addition to a wonderful visit. Only wish I had more time to spend at the Creekside, but will definitely return. I traveled cross country and the breakfast here was the best anywhere. What a treat/

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank Sandysue48

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
New Jersey
Reviewed 11 June 2010

So enjoyed our recent visit to The Creekside Inn. Cathy and Dennis were indeed the most gracious hosts. The Inn is filled with the most gorgeous antiques and the breakfast is to die for!! Definitely need a return visit very soonl.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Orange, California
Reviewed 28 May 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Creekside Inn for one night in May, 2010. Our stay was comfortable, enjoyable, and too short! As I searched the internet for a bed and breakfast in the Lancaster area, the Creekside Inn attracted my attention because of its age – nearly 230 years – and interesting history. What I discovered upon our arrival is that it is also a pleasant place to stay. Our room, the Witmer, was spacious, comfortable, and immaculately clean. Our visit was on a Sunday night, which is “date night” for the Amish youth of the area. We enjoyed falling asleep to the accompaniment of the clip-clop of buggies passing by. The full breakfast served at 8:30 the next morning was delicious – fruit with granola, French toast made from cinnamon swirl bread, Canadian bacon, coffee cake, juice, and coffee. We appreciated the early coffee service at 7:00 too!
Innkeepers Cathy and Dennis have operated their inn since 1995, so they know what they’re doing and they know the area. They are personable and have a knack for making guests feel right at home. The glowing comments that filled the stack of guest books in our room attest to their dedication to their inn and guests.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
New Jersey
Reviewed 12 April 2010

We have stayed at the Creekside Inn many times, and return as often as we can. The rooms are lovely, with tons of period character and beautiful Amish-made quilts, the location is excellent- only minutes from all the attractions and shopping, yet peaceful and quiet, and the three course breakfast is not to be missed. What truly makes the Creekside Inn stand out, though, are innkeepers Dennis and Cathy. You are treated like a guest in their home, with home baked snacks in your room and drinks in the fridge, wonderful conversation and attention to details (like the fact that my husband is allergic to some foods- when we are coming, Cathy plans the breakfasts accordingly.) Even an overnight stay is a vacation- when you are in the area, I can not think of a better place to stay.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
London, UK
Reviewed 29 December 2009

My husband and I stayed here in September 2009. After a long day driving and seeing the sights coming here was like entering a haven. We received such a welcome that we immediately felt relaxed. Our room was beautiful; I felt like the Princess and the Pea in the massive bed with a beautiful patchwork quilt.

Slept peacefully with the silence broken only by the occassional sound of a horse and trip passing us by. Breakfast was a delight and we even got given some apricot slices to take with us for the journey the next day.

Couldn't recommend this place highly enough - if we're in PA again we'll definitely be staying here.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Llanelli
Reviewed 2 December 2009

Where do I start?? We had a very warm welcome from Cathy and Dennis and were made to feel right at home from the moment we arrived. The Creekside Inn is a lovely old place with polished wooden floors and comfy sofas and chairs in the sitting room. My parents and I staying in the Cameo and Mill rooms on the ground floor which shared a bathroom jack and jill style. There were lovely Amish quilts on the beds and a plate of fresh cookies waiting for us. The Cameo room had a lovely stone fireplace and a four poster bed. And as for the beds...they were soooo comfortable. I did wonder about traffic noise as my room was right next to the road but I needn't have worried. The only sound I heard were the amish horse and buggies passing occationally which was quite relaxing.
Now to the breakfasts. We were sat around a long table with other guests family style which was great. The food was outstanding. My favourite was Cinnamon french toast with local syrup. Delicious and something I'll always remember. Cathy and Dennis are great and knowledgable hosts. They chatted with us around the breakfast table and we could have stayed all day just chatting.They know all the best places to go and can tell you where all the breakfast preserves, syrups and juices come from. All locally sourced.
The only problem or issue we had was that we couldn't stay longer. We would have loved to and will definitely return if in the area again.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
Wheeling, Illinois
Reviewed 18 October 2009

First, it's the antiquity. A stone building that has weathered so much history and still retains its dignity. For the antique buff it is a special delight, with its wide-planked floors and preserved interiors, and just outside the bridge over which numerous horses & buggies travel. Just down the road is Amish farm country. Then there is the cordial hospitality of the Zimmermann's, who have a store of knowledge about their Amish neighbors, auctions in the area, quilt-making & collecting. A really fine breakfast, (Cathy is an excellent cook), brings together the inn guests with lively conversation and exchange of experiences. The location is within an easy drive of Chadd's Ford, Gettysburg, Winterthur and similar focal points. A small issue, but my room on the first floor had an older bathroom that could have used renovation. Still, it was adequate.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank Ashton2009
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paradise
Best Western Plus Revere Inn & Suites
Best Western Plus Intercourse Village Inn & Suites
Fulton Steamboat Inn
Fulton Steamboat Inn
#2 of 39 in Lancaster
Eden Resort and Suites, BW Premier Collection
Bird-in-Hand Village Inn & Suites
EJ Bowman House Bed and Breakfast

Been to Creekside Inn? Share your experiences!