“People roll their eyes when I tell them that this place is great,”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Pirates Cove Pub and Grill
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Patton
Scranton, Pennsylvania
“People roll their eyes when I tell them that this place is great,”
Reviewed 30 August 2013

one of the best places to eat in Cambria County, because it is a converted SnoCone stand with a liquor license near a state park. (How a SnoCone stand got a liquor license is a story from the annals of Cambria County politics and wired-in-court-proceedings. The stand itself is still open with the dining room accomodations added on.) Anyway, most places in Cambria County are pretty mediocre. The paninis, homemade potato chips, and ice cream here are especially good, excellent even. And every time I come here with the family, I always order a Labatt's and a shot of Jack Daniels. The family members then also roll their eyes. Why do I do it? Beacause I can! And then I chuckle about how surreal the whole experience is. But it's always a good dining experience, for sure!

• Visited July 2013