“poor policy”

Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood, Bar, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours
Description: If you're hungry for a good time The Perk is probably your kind of place. We're the local eatery that feels like home. From the moment you step in the front door, you're part of the neighborhood. The photos on the wall? They may be your grandparents. Our customers? They're your friends, folks who stop by, often more than once each week, to rub elbows in our three dining rooms. Our employees? They have the same sense of community as you do and are committed to providing consistent, friendly service. Our food? Passion is a primary ingredient in every sandwich or entrée. From award-winning burgers to pasta, steak and seafood, there's something for everyone, and you won't go home hungry. Our portions are generous, giving our customers excellent value for their dollar. There's no pretense. Just good times, good people and great food in a cozy, friendly atmosphere. As the locals have told us, The Perk is "everyone's favorite place."
“poor policy”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

The food IS pretty good here. Its a local establishment with a long and decent reputation. For the most part I have been satisfied with only a couple of exceptions ( must have been a 3rd string chef on those few occasions). What I have a problem with is the fact that they don't accept to-go orders on Friday and Saturday nights during dinnertime. They say its because they want to pay attention to the people that are there in person, but I don't think that is right. They don't have a very large place and they have a horrible parking situation, so you need to allot a significant period of time to sit down and eat. Some of us can't spend an hour and a half to get a meal there and it bugs me to no end that my money isn't good there if I can't make the time commitment. Their unwillingness to accommodate customers that visit regularly is disappointing and will make me think twice about going there when I do have the time to go to a restaurant.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank Brett R

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Local Favorite”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Every time I visit The Perk there is always something good to eat, never a disappointing option on the menu. Plus, the staff makes you feel at home, like you are family. They are one of the friendliest places I've ever eaten in. I've taken friends and family members here and each time they ask, "When are we coming back!". The Perk not only makes you feel at home but they make anyone you bring with you feel like you are part of the family too. The prices are great for families and they have great kid friendly options on the menu as well.

The Perk is also a wonderful part of the community, always donating and helping out the local high school.

Keep up the great work!

• Visited January 2014
Philadelphia
“Meh, Disappointing Meal”
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

I really wanted to like this place. Arrived at 4:30 25 minute wait, figured this was a good sign.

Sat in about 25 minutes. Took 10 minutes to be acknowledged for drinks, no biggie, we're not in a rush. Nothing suggested for a drink, I had a water.

Daughter had fried cheese, not cooked all the way and lukewarm at best. I had the flatbread pizza, it was good.

Chicken tenders not home made, obviously purchased prebreaded. Two Webers, asked for jalapeño on one on the side for the other. Wrong sides with the sandwiches and one no jalapeños.

Sandwiches were supposed to come with mayo they didn't.

Overall, it was just ok. Place was full, maybe I just expected too much.

2 Thank ChrisG1964
Perkasie, Pennsylvania, United States
“Always a good meal and a good time.”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Great for sandwiches or full course dinners, the Perk always delivers quality food. Good beer selection at the bar (try the local Freewill beers), and there is always a game on their multiple TV sets.

Visited February 2014
Perkasie, Pennsylvania
“Shhh - don't tell too many people.”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I love the Perk! Always clean, always good food, and a nice atmosphere. This is by far my favorite restaurant in Perkasie. Unfortunately, it's a tight fit inside, but let that discourage you. Enjoy, but just don't tell too many people about Tuesday night "Cheesesteak Night".

• Visited January 2014