“Excellent candy”

Gene & Boots Candies
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Perryopolis
Cuisines: Fast food
Reviewed 1 June 2016 via mobile

Very good candy!! The candy is molded right there in the factory...The ice cream is homemade and very creamy!!! A must stop in Perryopolis.....

Reviewed 25 March 2015

Loved that this place had a candy cottage look from the outside. When you entered, I was surprised at how small it was (I would not want to be in here during the holidays when it is probably packed). We were excited to see many "vintage" candy items that cannot be found everywhere and they have chocolate everything! My favorite: the chocolate covered mint oreos! As far as prices go, pretty average compared to other chocolatiers.

Reviewed 24 January 2013

If you want to treat your sweetie on Valentine's Day, consider Gene & Boots Candy. They make it right on premises. Always so good!

Reviewed 30 November 2012 via mobile

Stopped at this candy shop on a whim. From the outside it looks like it would be a cool 'mom and pop' type of place left over from the late 1960s. Expectations were up but not high; upon entering they downright plunged.

We were greeted to the sound of a loud vacuum. The lady was vacuuming out candy bins. Seems like something you should do before opening. We had to step over her vacuum cord to get properly in.

The shop is actually pretty small inside, and the selection of candy rather plain. Their advertising made it seem like they would have strange, creative homemade candies, but most of them were just colored M&Ms, chocolate coins, candy cigarettes -- things that I could find anywhere. Of the homemade candies, there weren't any other than standard truffles and chocolate covered pretzels. All of which were ridiculously priced.

Being polite, I asked the lady if there was anything she could recommend to a first timer like myself. "No." I asked which candies were the best seller? "Not really any." Which kind did she like best? "I don't know." Her answers were short and rude. She didn't even try to sell me her product.

To top it off, the place looked rather run-down, not exactly dirty but not clean. Made me wonder if she was vacuuming out bugs from the bins.

2  Thank Micalyn A
Reviewed 21 August 2012

I love Gene & Boots Candies. The chocolate is creamy and delicious. The varieties are endless. The black walnut fudge is the best fudge that I have ever had. They also serve wonderful homemade ice cream. The shop is very cute and is a must stop especially near any holiday. I would go out of my way to stop at this delightful candy shop.