“OMG Its still open”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Philipsburg
tyrone pa
“OMG Its still open”
Reviewed 18 November 2011

We Stayed at this place 3 years ago and it was so gross it was unreal. The rooms had a BAD ant problem no extra towels they had just enought for the rooms to each have 4. The curtains where hanging buy a pray could not open or close them. the wallpaper was coming off the wall and white stuff was falling out the frig did not work. Had to go next door to buy milk and bread for breakfast, the milk was bad and there was no bread to make toast. the only good think was WE made the coffee so i know it was fresh there was none made when we went down to eat THANK GOD for SHEETZ thats where we got our food we ate. since they did not offer nothing I did call board of health on them and turned in This place Quess Philipsburg has no pride in there town to let a place like this open in there town COME ON PHILIPSBURG HAVE SOME PRIDE CLEAN THIS PLACE UP
WE HAD 10 ROOMS AND THEY WHERE ALL JUST AS BAD

Room Tip: "Dont stay here i would rather of slept in my car"
  • Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Sandra C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 13 October 2011

This is probably one of the most inexpensive hotels I have ever seen, especially if you book online, their rates are as low as $24. We stayed here while walking across America, and we were happy to be out of the rain storm and not camping. While it was not the best place we have stayed in, we were very grateful to be here.

It was a little run down over the last few years. The sign outside advertises a restaurant that has been closed for the last 11 years! The staff is pretty stand-offish, I walked in with a smile and said a friendly "Hello," and the woman behind the desk made no response except to back away slowly! With a different old woman the next morning I got the same response!

We stayed in a room with two beds, it had a microwave and mini fridge, and TV. The bathrooms were clean, and so were the linens. There was a backdoor with a grassy field to relax outside, and a small patio area. The whole place, even the non-smoking rooms, smelled like smoke, and the carpets probably need to be changed.

I believe they may currently be under renovation, which would be great as they need it, but all in all it is an alright place to stay. It is affordable, has a great location on hwy 322 and is right next to a gas station in the center of town. There is a river behind it, and I am sure in the summer or early fall it is a beautiful place to stay. It is not far from other destinations as well, so if you are traveling through and need a cheap place to stay for the night, this place is just fine. There is a continental breakfast in the morning, though it is pretty basic. I would recommend this place to anyone on a budget, especially if you can book online. They do have wifi in the rooms, and it seemed pretty fast. The water pressure was pretty good too, and it had hot water. Really, we were very grateful to find this place!

Room Tip: Let them know the guys from the Great American Walkabout sent you!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Severn, Maryland
Reviewed 1 August 2011

This was the dirtiest, run-down hotel that I have ever stayed in and will never return. Even all the pictures removed from the walls, curtains hanging ascew with broken rods and curtains torn, carpets filthy and well as stained furniture. Ad stated sofa (NOT) and alarm clock (not). Looks like it may shut soon, or at least either close or remodel.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Philipsburg hotels

Irwin, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 21 June 2011

My husband and I stayed here because there were no hotels in nearby State College for the Memorial Day weekend due to a high school volleyball tournament. This hotel was an old hotel built in the 1920's that was in the process of being remodeled. The only floor openfor customers was the third floor. It was dark in the room and very sparse with decorations. The sink was in the bedroom, not the bathroom. It was clean but the bed was very hard and tiny. One good thing about the Inn was that it had a nice restaurant on the main lobby but was only open for dinner. It was hard to find a place for breakfast and lunch as many of the stores in the small town were closed. We were a little concerned about security because there was nobody around after about 9pm and we had to let ourselves into the building with a front door key.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back due to noise in front.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reading, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 13 June 2010

WOW...just wow. This place truly embodied what I have heard described as the typical "no-tell Motel." This place is where people's abandoned hopes and dreams stay before they die their slow quiet deaths. If your vehicle is due for an alignment, and you have a thing for gigantic potholes and cracks where you park, this place is for you. They ought to mention their man-made pot-hole lake in the rear as an additional amenity. The bathroom and windows of the room were covered in MOLD...that's right MOLD (I actually took pictures)! Cracked white paint lay everywhere....and no...it's VERY obvious that renovations have never been done to the building so the cracked paint on the bathroom ceiling...not from that. It's located in a small town, which is nice, but the quality of the hotel makes it hard for you not to imagine this as a place for JUST illicit activities. The architecture, furniture, and general look of the place identifies it as the Hotel that the 1960's forgot. Seriously, sleep in your car next door in the Sheetz parking lot..save yourself the 50 bucks and the pnemonia!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Wandersman78
Erie, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 1 May 2010

I was traveling on a business trip and experienced car trouble. I pulled off the interstate and found myself stranded in the pouring rain with a broken transmission. It was late in the day and, being tired and scared, I pulled into a Sheetz gas station to start calling for help. Fortunately, the Harbor Inn was next door to the gas station. Because the temperature was dropping rapidly, I decided to check in and make my calls from a nice warm room. The clerk was great. She quickly checked me in and helped me research local shops to call. Because it was the weekend, local repair shops wouldn't be able to work on the vehicle so it was a good decision to stay. The room was warm, dry, and clean. It had 2 double beds, TV with many stations, table, chairs, and was close to the vending area and exit to the parking lot. There was a phone in the room though no alarm clock. Although the plaza where the hotel was located was busy, it was not overly noisy. There was a free continental breakfast in the morning. And the morning clerk even gave me a phone book so to keep since I was making more calls trying to figure out how to get my vehicle serviced and get home. Although it's not been updated from the 1960's/70's (no swipe cards or flat screen TV here), it was a safe and friendly place. I was even able to access wireless Internet which was a nice bonus considering this was definitely a step back in time. I would stay there again without hesitation. The staff members were great!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank forbes707
Shenandoah Valley
Reviewed 25 March 2010

As the least senior member on the trip I didn't have the clout to change our accommodations. If I could have I definitely would have. For the price I didn't expect much but I always expect a reasonable level of cleanliness. The thickness of the mold and mildew around the windows makes me believe that they haven't been cleaned in years. That's gross but not a huge deal...I could avoid coming in contact with the windows. However, it was much harder to avoid contact with the shower curtain, which appeared to suffer from the same long term neglect as the windows. The sad part is I'm not really a picky person and in no way a clean freak or germaphobe or anything like that but this was just plain NASTY. The corridor to which my room was attached had the ceiling falling down and the water leaks were being tended to with trash cans like in the rooms. This was an older hotel and it certainly smelled like it...not to mention the obvious years of accumulation of cigarette odor. Even though it may be non-smoking now that couldn't have always been the policy...or they're very lax about it. Anyway, I could go on about this but I think you get the picture. If you decide to take a chance on this one...just remember you've been warned.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank travelinSam1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Philipsburg
Best Western Plus Clearfield
Best Western Plus University Park Inn & Suites
Budget Inn Clearfield
Budget Inn Clearfield
#7 of 9 in Clearfield

Been to Harbor Inn Phillipsburg? Share your experiences!