“A good hot breakfast”

Retro Eatery
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Child-friendly
Description: Great little period decor place with excellent food and service
San Angelo, Texas
“A good hot breakfast”
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Ate Breakfast here 3 mornings in a row when I was in town visiting. The food was good, the prices are fair, the service was excellent and a nice atmosphere. The only change they need to make is to redo the cushions on the booths. They are really lumpy.

Visited August 2014
RetroEatery, Front Office Manager at Retro Eatery, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Thank you so much for the good review - we take them all very seriously and appreciate all feedback. I will check into the booth situation - too.

Philipsburg, Pennsylvania
“This place sucks.”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

The food is terrible. Burgers are so greasy that I couldn't eat mine. My girlfriend also hated her steak because it was cooked the wrong way. Ive heard from friends that there is usually only one wait staff on during the week and it is not enough. They look like they are being rushed around and they have no help. They need help. One person is not enough for an entire resturaunt.im not the only person to say this. I have heard from many others that they feel the same way. Also, $10 for a burger is quite pricey for the philipsburg area. Don't go here unless you wanna pay a fortune for bad food!

• Visited March 2014
RetroEatery, General Manager at Retro Eatery, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Mr. Lanquist,

I read your review and spoke with the severl persons working that day. You did not say anything was wrong at the time of your visit according to the wait staff on duty. They always ask. As far as the price of our burgers they are deluxes with 8 oz that's half a pound of fresh ground beef with all the toppings plus fries and a pickle and they are on special right now with a dollar off. Seems to me if there was something really wrong you would have said something then when management could have personally addressed your concerns. I regret you were not satisfied with your visit and wish we would have been able to handle this differently and not find out second hand with a bad review.
Manassas, VA
“Yum”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

We have family in Philipsburg and visit often. We enjoyed our first meal at the Retro Eatery and it won't be our last.

My husband had the bbq mac and cheese and it was wonderful. I couldn't resist a few bits.
I had the steak salad which was also good.

Love the décor, retro music and TV shows. Looking forward to going back to Retro.

• Visited February 2014
RetroEatery, General Manager at Retro Eatery, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Thank you so much for visiting us at Retro and for a great review!! Make sure you come see us again!!!!
Belle Vernon, Pennsylvania
“Cute place, great service, good food”
Reviewed 10 January 2014

I stopped here when driving through town and checking trip adviser for a recommendation for lunch...there really wasn't much else around and I didn't want fast food.

I got the Cowboy Steak sandwich and was pleased, but the best part was the apple pie. Their desserts all sounded amazing, but the apple pie definitely was. It would be worth stopping again just for dessert.

• Visited November 2013
RetroEatery, Manager at Retro Eatery, responded to this review, 12 January 2014
Thank you so much for the good review. Make sure you stop in the next time you are coming through our area!!!
Annville, Pennsylvania
“Great spot for our family get-together”
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

Since moving a distance from one another, my brother and our families have had trouble getting together. This holiday we tried convening at a spot equidistant for everyone. That was Philipsburg, and we were delighted at how the RE staff accommodated our party of 20 request for a place to eat, then hangout for a while. We arrived on a Friday around 6 pm and had seating at the back of the restaurant 'til closing at 9pm. Food was yummy down home comfort, atmosphere was family friendly and staff was both friendly and responsive to the needs of our 1 to 65 yr old gang!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Lee S
RetroEatery, Manager at Retro Eatery, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Thank you so much for the GREAT review- we strive to accommodate our guests and families. It was a pleasure having you here and we look forward to you coming to see us for another reunion in the near future. Have a great New Year-thank you again!