“Terrific hotel north of Philly”

Hampton Inn and Suites Valley Forge/Oaks
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Phoenixville
Newburyport, MA
“Terrific hotel north of Philly”
Reviewed 30 July 2008

We enjoyed a great stay at this hotel during our vacation. We chose the location after learning that the hotels in Philadelphia charge a 14% city tax along with extra charges for parking if they offer it. Many hotels do not have parking but can suggest lots nearby. As a Hilton Honors member I had wanted to stay at an affiliated hotel. We found this Hampton Inn to be extremely clean and our King room was immaculate and included the most comfortable hotel bed I have ever slept in plus a nice bathroom. The service from the front desk employees was friendly and efficient. Upon check in they informed us that our room would be on the top floor so we would not be disturbed by the little league baseball teams also staying there during a tournament.The breakfast was basic continental with a selection of fresh fruits, danish, bagels, toast, cereals, and a hot item daily (waffle sticks, poached egg and ham, scrambled eggs and sausage patty). The only slight disappointment was the hours the pool was open.We had hoped to swim early in the morning before heading out for days of site seeing, but the pool doesn't open until 9, 10, or later. A front desk employee told us it opens as soon as it's cleaned and sometimes that is later in the morning. On our last day there it had not been cleaned as of 10:30. I did supply my feedback on that to the hotel via a survey they emailed to me. Overall I would highly recommend this hotel as a terrific alternative to the pricey Philly options. The drive to the city is about half an hour with no traffic or you can drive to Norristown, park for a small fee, and take the train in. Highly suggest a visit to Manayunk which is a fun, artsy, European-like town about 20 minutes from Phoenixville on the way to Philly. Great shops and restuarants along Main St. which boarders the canal (with it's own walking path) and river. Last, this hotel's location is ideal if you plan to visit Vally Forge (which you should!). Take time to explore downtown Phoenixville as well. We had a delicious dinner at the Iron Hill Brewery. The beer was also unique and tasty.

• Liked — Clean, convenient location to Valley Forge and Philadelphia, excellent service
  • Disliked — Pool hours
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Turkish first
westminster, md
Reviewed 19 July 2007

This hotel was great! The room was clean and the beds were very comfortable. The bathroom was large and had a nice assortment of toiletries. My daugthers swam in the pool twice, which was very clean and they had put out towels for guest use.

There were a lot of kids in the hotel because of an area baseball tournament, but they kept the breakfast bar well-stocked with a lot of variety.

The only glitch we had was some incorrect driving directions from one of the desk clerks, but otherwise had a very pleasant stay and would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
NY
Reviewed 4 June 2007

I've stayed in several Hampton Inns and find them to be a good deal for the money, and generally clean and well-run. This one wasn't!
The room smelled bad, and the air conditioner/fan gave out a musty, mildewy odor (perhaps more, even - I have a bad cold now that I've returned home). Our shower was one of the types that is basically part of the bathroom floor (a nice concept) but the floor tiles in the shower were slimy. The breakfast was very disappointing - it took the staff a long time to get items out and the selection was very limited. All of the other Hampton Inns that I stayed at the the past have offered eggs and both mornings there were no eggs. Being a vegetarian, the sausage patties were not an option. I ended up going out for breakfast. Our rooms were never cleaned (like, no bed made, towels changed, toilet paper replaced).
No on entered our room to clean it.

• Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank NYambrosia
Philadelphia
Reviewed 26 February 2007

I stayed at this hotel for two nights... Upon arrival, there was a a clump of hair on the wall where someone combed their hair and missed the trash can, but I guess housekeeping could not see it... hair pins on the floor, not vacummed, used toilet paper beside the toilet. Lamp worked when it wanted to, was a short in it. This hotel was horrible. I would not recommend anyone staying here, it was nasty. When you call the manager to tell them what problems you are having, they do not have customer service skills, it must have been my hair pin on the floor.... Well let me tell you my hair is short, could not even fit a hair pin in my head....Save yourself the aggravation....DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!

Stayed February 2007
4 Thank bandit7804
Reviewed 8 June 2006

WE just returned from a Wedding and Class Reunion and stayed at the Hampton Inn, abouta quarter of a mile from the Homewood Suites. We got a real good price under $100.00 and my brother got his room upgraded to a suite for the same price. There was a mix up and it got handled professionally. The area is just growing unbelivable, as I am from the general area. The Hampton Inn is off the 422 exit of Egypt Road. Very convienient to King of Prussia, Valley Forge and the Main Line Area. There is shopping all around so you do not have to go into King of Prussia for shopping unless you really need the largest mall in the USA, I believe. All the name brand restaurants are within 5 miles. Traffic is another story. With sucess goes the pitfalls and traffic is terrific it never stops. It is nice to go back home, but on the other hand peace and quite without all the hustle and bustle seem real good about now.

2 Thank you542
Also consider these accommodations in or near Phoenixville
Hilton Garden Inn Valley Forge/Oaks
Best Western Plus The Inn at King of Prussia
Best Western Plus The Inn at Kin...
#2 of 16 in King of Prussia
Homewood Suites Valley Forge
Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia-Valley Forge
Courtyard Philadelphia Valley Forge/Collegeville
Staybridge Suites Royersford-Valley Forge

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Valley Forge/Oaks? Share your experiences!