“Bad hotel”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Phoenixville
Huntington, United States
“Bad hotel”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

Dirty, poor breakfast, pool under repair, poor customer service. Very bad experience including dirty sheets and unstocked trays for breakfast. Would not recommend or go back to this hotel! I also think it's ridiculous that I had to make my review 200 characters minimum to leave a review!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Jayson M, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Valley Forge/Oaks, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
I would like to apologize for the issues that you encountered while staying at the hotel. We try our best to provide the best possible service to our guests and obviously we fell short this time. If you are ever in the area again and would like to give us another try contact me directly.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Turkish first
Clearwater, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Made a reservation last March for one night arriving May 29 and departing May 30. Were confirmed a rate of $94.05 + tax for King bed, non-smoking. Five weeks later we found that we would actually be able to spend 2 nights in area, so on May 1st we made another reservation for one night for a May 28 arrival. We expected the same $94.05 rate. Instead they charged a AAA rate of $113.05.
When we arrived on May 28 the front desk was charging us $113.05 + tax for both nights even though we had a written confirmation of $94.05 for the 2nd night! The clerk said that we had changed our reservation and departure date which permitted them to change the rate. I produced the written confirmation showing that we DID NOT change our departure date from May 30. They could care less.
I told them to cancel my reservations and in the most sarcastic tone they responded "and have a gooooooddddd day".
I called the Hilton Honors and reported this situation. I was on the phone for almost a half hour. I was told that they were sending a report to the hotel manager and to the corporate office, who immediately sent me an apologetic email.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Jayson M, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Valley Forge/Oaks, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
I apologize for the problems that you had during your stay. There should have not been a issue with the reservation. I would like to apologize for the lack of empathy with with my front desk. I do stand by our 100% guarantee, and would love for you to come stay with us if you are in the area again. Please feel free to contact me personally if you have any issues.
cape coral
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel because we had a wedding in the area. I was very surprised at the price of the hotel compared to the surrounding properties. It was very clean, friendly and we had a two bedroom suite for 2/3 of what another hotel was charging for a single room. We were very satisfied with our stay, the bed was very comfortable and the room even had a fireplace. Breakfast was included the next morning. We couldn't have asked for anything more....

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Jayson M, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Valley Forge/Oaks, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
I would like to thank you for your recent stay here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Valley Forge. I am very pleased that you had a great stay. Congrats on the wedding. If you are ever in the area again we would love to see you again.
Sudbury, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

Most Hampton Inns I've stayed in are quite comfortable and this one was a bit below par. The bed was really soft and clearly aging and sagging so it was a long night. The air conditioner was wheezy. A bit of a disappointment but I will not give up on the chain yet--just would not stay in this one again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of our property. Your response is reviewed by our management team to evaluate the needs and experiences of our guests. I'm very sorry you have not enjoyed your recent trips with us. I also wanted to apologize for the condition of the bed, air conditioner.That's not how we want our guests to remember their stay with us. That's not what we strive for. Is there anything we could do to make your next experience a better one? We would love to have you visit us again on your future trip to Valley Forge PA. Please contact me directly so I can do everything within my power to ensure you a much better visit. You are always welcome at the Hampton Inn Valley Forge PA, and we hope to see you again in the future. Thank you for being our guest.
New York, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

I needed to use the Internet to complete some work and I there was no connectivity to the server. I asked the front desk several times to find out what was going on with the Internet and they never responded! When I complained to the front desk at checkout the next day, they simple said "sorry."

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of our property. Your response is reviewed by our management team to evaluate the needs and experiences of our guests. I'm very sorry you have not enjoyed your recent trips with us. I also wanted to apologize for the connectivity of the internet.That's not how we want our guests to remember their stay with us. That's not what we strive for. Is there anything we could do to make your next experience a better one? We would love to have you visit us again on your future trip to Valley Forge PA. Please contact me directly so I can do everything within my power to ensure you a much better visit. You are always welcome at the Hampton Inn Valley Forge PA, and we hope to see you again in the future. Thank you for being our guest.
Gloucester City, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

Nice hotel and extremely helpful staff. The room was clean and lobby very comfortable. The breakfast offered a great variety of healthy items that met the needs of all family members. The hotel staff went above and beyond to help our group find dining and provided transportation to the restaurant.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for staying with us at the Hampton Inn & Suites Valley Forge. We appreciate you staying with us while you were in the area. Feel free to contact me if you have any comments or concerns.
Scarsdale, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

I have been writing reviews for a couple of years and most of them have been very positive! It saddens me to have to share with you our recent stay at the Hampton Inn in Phoenixville, Pennsylvania. We were looking forward to our daughter's graduation from college and we needed a hotel for at least one night. Months ago, we booked one night for Thursday May 15, using our computer and got a great rate for one of their suites. The next day I decided to call the Hilton 800 number and booked another room since I thought that our older daughter and possibly my elderly mother in law might be joining us. When I went to confirm our reservations in late April, the person at the Hilton reservation phone center told me that they only had one room, not two and when I tried to book another, they told me they were sold out! I was very puzzled and aggravated by this news, since I knew I had made the reservation and I also knew that having my 26 year old daughter staying with us in one room even if it was one of the Hampton Suites, might present logistical problems. I had also decided to extend our trip by one night since it made sense to arrive on Wednesday evening and stay until Friday. The person I spoke to at Hilton's Reservations 800 phone center assured me that the Suite were staying in would easily accommodate 6 adults, so I shouldn't worry that we would be having 4 adults staying in one room.
Since we had two separate reservations for consecutive nights, I didn't want to have to move from one room to another and I was able to make those arrangements, even though it took close to an hour on the phone with the Hilton reservations folks to get the same room for the two nights!
When we arrived at the Hampton Inn, the staff was friendly and courteous, which has always been our experience but when we came into our " spacious" suite it was clear that it was pretty small and would not comfortable accommodate 4 adults! There was just one queen size bed and a pull out sofa. and when I inquired at the front desk, the concierge was surprised that the people at Hilton would make such a statement saying that maybe if we had little kids, we could squeeze six people but otherwise it would be very tight. He did offer to send up a cot for the following day when our older daughter would be joining us. My wife called me over to the bed since there was a post-it note on our headboard stating: Duvet Covers & Sheets Are Clean For Your Arrival. It was a strange note , since it made us wonder if that meant that the blankets were dirty! My wife went looking for the hair dryer and when I called the Front Desk, the person I spoke to said it should be attached to the wall by the bathroom sink. I have a photo, I'll attach of the clamp that was on the wall, but there was no dryer! Then my wife tried to turn on the TV and that wasn't working! The gentleman at the desk apologized about the dryer and said they needed to place a work order to get another one and he did send up someone who had to change the outlets to figure out a way to get the television to work. While we never got the hair dryer, we were able to watch TV!
Additional problems: the heating and air-conditioning unit in our room worked but when it was on it gave off a terrible odor, so we had to use the one in in the other room.
The next morning (Thursday) I went to pick up my older daughter who had flown from San Francisco and was not thrilled to be sharing the pull out sofa with her sister, I assured her, she could sleep in the queen size bed with her mother and I'd stay on the cot!
At one point on Thursday evening, my wife heard someone opening up the door and assumed it was me, but it was another hotel guest, who had been given our room and was as surprised to find my wife inside as the guest was wheeling in her suitcase! I understand that sometimes people make mistakes, but after a while it seemed that we were getting really unbelievably bad treatment for paying guests!
Since the heating unit in the bedroom gave off that odor, I almost froze to death sleeping on the cot in the other room! And since I couldn't sleep I got up early,at around 6 in the morning and figuring I'd have some coffee and to notify the Front Desk not to use the wake up service that we had initially requested. To my astonishment the woman at the desk asked me why we didn't use the other ROOM that we had booked for Thursday night. She explained that it had been reserved months ago (that I knew, since I had made the reservation!!) and while it wasn't next to the suite we stayed in, she couldn't understand why we would have booked a room but not use it. I was almost for a loss for words, since she was so sweet and clearly hadn't been the cause of the problem, since I have to give full credit to the people who work for the Hilton Hotels phone reservations department for having done a great job making what should have been a totally celebratory experience, one of the worst experiences my wife and I have ever had staying in a Hilton or any hotel! The woman assured me that I wouldn't be charged for the room we didn't use but that was too little too late for what had proven to be such a disappointing stay at the Hampton Inn. It's hard to understand how all these lousy things could happen, but I'm happy to say that our daughter was awesome at her graduation and no matter how lousy the reservations turned out to be, we were very proud of our daughter's accomplishments.

Room Tip: We were on a high floor, which was good since there seemed to be a lot of traffic but the rooms were...