“Night Staff and hidden fees”

Hampton Inn and Suites Valley Forge/Oaks
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Phoenixville
Reviewed 25 June 2014

The night staff was rude and they didnt want to hear my problems. We also had friends staying in our room and it took almost a hour to get two pillows and another blanket. The hidden fees i was never told about.Then when i tried to ask about them they didnt want to hear my complaint. We wont stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Elizabeth D
Jayson M, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Valley Forge/Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

I would like to apologize for the issues that you encountered during your stay. I will investigate to find out exactly what happened

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel from June 4 - 8th, 2014. During my stay, I was very impressed on how wonderful the staff was at the hotel. Every employee, from management to housekeeping, took the time to greet me everyday. They were quick to assist and resolve any issues I had during the stay. One issue in particular, I was traveling back to hotel, from Philadelphia, and got lost. I kept getting turned around. I wasted over an hour driving around in very scary and unfamiliar areas. I was highly frustrated, but the female night auditor I spoke with was very patient with me, (knowing I had an attitude) kept me somewhat calm, stayed on the phone with me for over a half hour and made sure I made it back to the hotel. The hotel's outdoor pool was under construction, so I was very disappointed in not being able to get in the hot tub during my stay. When I addressed the front desk about it, they made it possible for me to swim at a nearby sister hotel, which totally made up for it. For all issues I made have had at the hotel, the phenomenal guest service I received tops all issues. I will definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Jayson M, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Valley Forge/Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thank you so much for staying with us. Service is key here at the hotel. If you are ever in the area and need anything please feel free to contact me with any needs.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

I was only there overnight and had to leave early next morning. Unfortunately had issues with internet connect that I didn't completely bring to staff's attention...too tired. Didn't realize there is a 100% satisfaction guarantee available until much later. Everything else was fine; and breakfast much appreciated!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Jayson M, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Valley Forge/Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thank you for staying with us at the Hampton Inn & Suites Valley Forge. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, My apologies for the internet connection I will make the needed repairs. If you are in the area again please feel free to contact me if I can be of assistance

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Getting to this property: Google directions is on the mark until you exit from 422. It appears there's been considerable road construction and perhaps directional changes since Google's been through this area. Exiting from 422, Google tells you to turn on to PA 4002. This is also called (and signed as) Egypt Road. It appears you can no longer turn directly from Egypt Road to Cresson, so you have to proceed to where you can make a U-Turn or get on to Egypt Road/PA 4002 going the other direction so that you can turn on to Cresson. Cresson is marked, but the road sign is tiny. You can see the Hampton from 422, so you'll know it's "there," it just may take a bit of juggling to get to it. The property is near gas, Wendy's, Target, a grocer, and shares their back lot with a Bob Evans.

This Hampton Inn is a mixed bag for me. I received a full suite for one night, and while very clean & comfortable, neither television worked. Not a big deal. If you're interested in the suites and aren't familiar with Hampton's version, there's usually a full-ish kitchen with dishwasher, full fridge, microwave, 2 to 4 top stove. No oven. The bedroom is typically it's own room with a door, and connected to a closet and sink space, then connected to the toilet & tub, also with it's own door. The living space, all part of the kitchen, usually has a long table which is connected to the wall, with 2 to 4 dining chairs, then a sofa of some kind, coffee table, and perhaps another living room-type chair. Storage throughout via dressers and cupboards. Other than the televisions not working, my room was very clean, comfortable, and the wi-fi worked well. There are 5 floors, two elevators. There was a guest computer in the lobby with a printer.

The breakfast, the usual Hampton Inn fare, was sorely lacking. I honestly don't think I've seen such a poor breakfast service at any Hilton property. Hardly anything was available at 8am for a 6-10am service. The entire breakfast area was a mess. As is usual, there's not enough space for guests to eat, especially when the entire space is full of people who are not eating, just visiting. I attempted to sit in the lounge area to eat but was promptly kicked out by the staff. So I took my meal up to my room. The gentleman who checked me in was a real treat to chat with, especially after a long drive up 95.

This property is in very close proximity to Valley Forge (less than 10 minutes), which is why I chose this location. The price is reasonable if the breakfast is fully stocked.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Thanlk you for staying with us at the Hampton Inn & Suites Valley Forge. I am sorry for the issues you encountered during your stay. I will have our internet looked at and make the needed repairs. I will work with my breakfast staff, this shouldnt have happened. I am glad that my front desk were able to put you at ease once you arrived. If you need anyhting or are in the area please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

stayed in the area four days for family emergency and found this Hampton. best price in the area and conveniently located next to rt422. hotel front desk very helpful and friendly. pool was being redone but to cold for us Floridians to use anyway. We were told that some updates to the hotel were scheduled and we hope they put microwave ovens in the rooms but there was one in the breakfast area we could use. the free breakfast was average fare but there is a bob evans restaurant sharing the parking lot. prices seem to vary as we got a better rate booking on line that the front desk could give us. I would stay here again

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Jayson M, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Valley Forge/Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am pleased that you had a delightful stay and were able to meet your needs. If you are in the area again we would love to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Dirty, poor breakfast, pool under repair, poor customer service. Very bad experience including dirty sheets and unstocked trays for breakfast. Would not recommend or go back to this hotel! I also think it's ridiculous that I had to make my review 200 characters minimum to leave a review!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Jayson M, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Valley Forge/Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

I would like to apologize for the issues that you encountered while staying at the hotel. We try our best to provide the best possible service to our guests and obviously we fell short this time. If you are ever in the area again and would like to give us another try contact me directly.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Made a reservation last March for one night arriving May 29 and departing May 30. Were confirmed a rate of $94.05 + tax for King bed, non-smoking. Five weeks later we found that we would actually be able to spend 2 nights in area, so on May 1st we made another reservation for one night for a May 28 arrival. We expected the same $94.05 rate. Instead they charged a AAA rate of $113.05.
When we arrived on May 28 the front desk was charging us $113.05 + tax for both nights even though we had a written confirmation of $94.05 for the 2nd night! The clerk said that we had changed our reservation and departure date which permitted them to change the rate. I produced the written confirmation showing that we DID NOT change our departure date from May 30. They could care less.
I told them to cancel my reservations and in the most sarcastic tone they responded "and have a gooooooddddd day".
I called the Hilton Honors and reported this situation. I was on the phone for almost a half hour. I was told that they were sending a report to the hotel manager and to the corporate office, who immediately sent me an apologetic email.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Jayson M, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Valley Forge/Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

I apologize for the problems that you had during your stay. There should have not been a issue with the reservation. I would like to apologize for the lack of empathy with with my front desk. I do stand by our 100% guarantee, and would love for you to come stay with us if you are in the area again. Please feel free to contact me personally if you have any issues.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Phoenixville
Hilton Garden Inn Valley Forge/Oaks
Best Western Plus The Inn at King of Prussia
Courtyard Philadelphia Valley Forge/Collegeville
Homewood Suites Valley Forge
Staybridge Suites Royersford-Valley Forge
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia - Valley Forge

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Valley Forge/Oaks? Share your experiences!