“Yum, Yum Yum - Great Asian Restaurant Option in Burbs” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 100 Restaurants in Phoenixville
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Yum, Yum Yum - Great Asian Restaurant Option in Burbs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

Phoenixville is a nice little gem of good bars and restaurants. I keep hoping that the area continues to expand and grow out past the main street but time will tell. My husband and I had our date night here a few weeks ago and were having a hard time deciding between a lot of really good options in Phoenixville but decided on Thai. Glad we did.

The restaurant was packed on a Saturday night at 7:00. We had reservations and were seated immediately. The atmosphere could have been a bit warmer/charming but it was clean and nice inside. Service was fantastic. Knowledgeable, prompt and polite even though she seemed very very busy.

The place is BYOB which is great. The menu has a bit more variety than most Thai restaurants. We had the wings and shrimp as appetizers. The wings had a great somewhat hot flavor. Really good and nice sized but I would have liked them cooked a bit longer and a bit crispier. The shrimp wrapped in crispy noodles were really tasty. Shrimp cooked perfect and the crunchy wrapped skinny egg noodles were really yummy. I love a comfort food classic Pad Thai. No complaints there. My husband really liked his Thai Basil and got it extra spicy which WAS very spicy. Lots of flavor. The thing I liked was that when we ordered things spicy it came with a spicier flavorful sauce - they don't just dump extra red pepper into the meal.

The sticky rice was so-so - not the best I have ever had and not as good as we can make at home. Prices were affordable.

Highly recommended.

• Visited February 2014

malvern pa
“DON'T MISS RESTAURANT”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

How many restaurants give you a French press pot when you order coffee? Enough for two+cups.
There are other great things about the Elephant, incredible representations of the Buddha on the walls, calm atmosphere, delicious food, but I keep going back to the French press. Incredible plating of the deserts. The Thai food is a winner too. I don't know a better restaurant in Phoenixville. Don't miss it!!!

• Visited February 2014
“Tons of Flavor”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

Their menu has many Thai selections, lots of spice and priced just right. I loved the Pad Thai, large portion. They have many healthy selections, also very flavorful. I love this place & crave the Pad Thai frequently. The only problem I have is it takes too long to get served. Correct that problem & I will bump my review up to Excellent.

• Visited November 2013
“A wonderful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

This is a fantastic thai restaurant, their curries are the best. Definitely get the large appetizer that has a taste of everything...it's wonderful. Staff is great. It can get pretty packed but it's always fun.

Visited November 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Good Enough to Keep Coming Back”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

We come here to meet friends when we're looking for a change to the menu at the Iron Hill down the street (another favorite). It's a BYOB which keeps the tab down. Also, the menu has a lot of choices between fish, meat and vegetarian dishes. The menu choices I've made have never disappointed me although I have to say the "three alarm" dishes could be kicked up a notch in terms of both spice and heat. Spoken like a true expat, I guess!

• Visited December 2013