“Lovely atmosphere and Tasty Food!”
Review of Thai L'Elephant

Thai L'Elephant
Ranked #5 of 106 Restaurants in Phoenixville
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Lovely atmosphere and Tasty Food!”
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

My friend and I ventured in and felt completely taken in my the atmosphere and gracious service. Both of us ordered pad Thai that was very good with a nice presentation. My friend ordered the Thai ice tea as well. Will definitely go back next time we are in phoenixville.

Visited June 2014

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Worth a detour...”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Phoenixville is a charming small town that has revitalized it's downtown while preserving it's history. It is not far from Valley Forge and Philadelphia. This restaurant would be worth the trip on it's own. It's located in a storefront on a corner. The decor is transporting. You will feel like you are in a serene asian bistro. Service is friendly and efficient, but the food is the star. Wonderful appetizers are beautifully presented. If you like crispy duck, this is the place to order it.

We had a large family birthday party there recently and the owner could not have been more gracious in helping with the arrangements and making sure that everything went well.

Bon appetit!

• Visited June 2014
“Good... Not Great”
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Friendly and attentive service at dinner. Colorfully composed dishes. Wonderful homemade coconut ice cream. Entrees suffered a bit. Overcooked shrimp & dry duck.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Yum, Yum Yum - Great Asian Restaurant Option in Burbs”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Phoenixville is a nice little gem of good bars and restaurants. I keep hoping that the area continues to expand and grow out past the main street but time will tell. My husband and I had our date night here a few weeks ago and were having a hard time deciding between a lot of really good options in Phoenixville but decided on Thai. Glad we did.

The restaurant was packed on a Saturday night at 7:00. We had reservations and were seated immediately. The atmosphere could have been a bit warmer/charming but it was clean and nice inside. Service was fantastic. Knowledgeable, prompt and polite even though she seemed very very busy.

The place is BYOB which is great. The menu has a bit more variety than most Thai restaurants. We had the wings and shrimp as appetizers. The wings had a great somewhat hot flavor. Really good and nice sized but I would have liked them cooked a bit longer and a bit crispier. The shrimp wrapped in crispy noodles were really tasty. Shrimp cooked perfect and the crunchy wrapped skinny egg noodles were really yummy. I love a comfort food classic Pad Thai. No complaints there. My husband really liked his Thai Basil and got it extra spicy which WAS very spicy. Lots of flavor. The thing I liked was that when we ordered things spicy it came with a spicier flavorful sauce - they don't just dump extra red pepper into the meal.

The sticky rice was so-so - not the best I have ever had and not as good as we can make at home. Prices were affordable.

Highly recommended.

• Visited February 2014
malvern pa
“DON'T MISS RESTAURANT”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

How many restaurants give you a French press pot when you order coffee? Enough for two+cups.
There are other great things about the Elephant, incredible representations of the Buddha on the walls, calm atmosphere, delicious food, but I keep going back to the French press. Incredible plating of the deserts. The Thai food is a winner too. I don't know a better restaurant in Phoenixville. Don't miss it!!!

• Visited February 2014