“Stay the Hell away Rooms look like a murder scene”
Review of French Creek Inn

French Creek Inn
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Phoenixville
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Stay the Hell away Rooms look like a murder scene”
Reviewed 17 March 2013

I am absolutely disgusted how dirty this place is. Water stains and other disgusting stains on the ceiling, rust in the bathtub sorry I am not going to take a shower in a bathroom like that. Wallpaper peeling off and the furniture looks like it was picked out of a dumpster. Carpet is all stained up and ripped. How can this place still be in business. I am sending a detailed letter to the health department along with pictures I took of the room. This place needs to be shut down. I never felt more disgusted sleeping in a hotel in my life.When people asked where we were staying they laughed at us. We picked this spot to go out for st patty's day as there are limited choices in the area the other hotel was booked. the cab ride to and from the place to the bars was cleaner

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
8 Thank steve m

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Freehold, New Jersey
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Friends, this is a $70/night hotel. It is not a Hampton or Sheraton. It is very conveniently located to downtown Phoenixville and Valley Forge Christian College. Rooms are large and clean, but not new or modern or fancy. For the money it is a very good value. Parking is easy and plentiful (good for large vans, youth pastors). While the bed was a bit hard this is a matter of personal preference. Breakfast was free but a bit meager - a wrapped muffin, some orange juice, a banana or orange, and coffee.

If you are coming for an event at VFCC ask for the discount ($5 off). You will not find a closer hotel except for the Mainstay, which has smaller rooms and more difficult parking (but has the advantage of being in the quaint downtown).

I would recommend this hotel and will stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher number room away from the lobby, unless you will be out very early.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Joe H
Grass Valley, California
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I had a hard time rating this place. Two "stars" is deemed poor, and three is average. Yet, this hotel is definitely below what I would call "average" in 2013. In my experience. the average hotel nationwide is much better. First the good: parking is easy, it's quiet, and rooms are huge. The bad: rooms need new furniture, carpeting and flooring needs a good cleaning or replacement, mattresses are little better than a bed of nails, and bathrooms could be much cleaner. My toilet was dark colored in the bottom. This is just poor and lazy housekeeping. Yet, it is one of only a few choices in Phoenixville (a lovely little town!) I have stayed here several times, as well as downtown at the Mainstay (owned by the SAME people.) I would choose this hotel HANDS DOWN over the downtown property, which the last time I stayed there could only be classified as a dump hotel. There is talk of another hotel opening downtown which WILL change the playing field. Meanwhile, there is quite a non sequitur of two below average hotel in a lovely upcoming town with numerous above average restaurants, shops and galleries. I hope the mayor understands what is happening there and moves heaven and earth to fix this dilemma!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Rudolph_Wurlitzer

Travellers are raving about these Phoenixville hotels

Millville, New Jersey
Reviewed 6 February 2013

Clean. Comfortable. Friendly. Affordable. Those are the four best words to describe the French Creek Inn.

I'm giving it 4 stars based on the overall value at $65/night. Yea, it's an older place. Yea, it could use a little updating. But unlike other reviews for similar hotels, parking was abundant, and I felt quite safe in my stay.. Restaurants, stores, gas and the such were all located within a mile.

The room was large, complete with microwave and refrigerator. There was cable TV. Naturally, I forgot to bring shampoo, but the little shampoos, lotions, soaps, tissues, cups, ice bucket and such were all there.

It was very quiet there, and I slept like a a rock. So if you're looking for a warm bed and hot shower with no expensive extras, then give the French Creek a shot.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Roy M
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 2 July 2011

There are not many options for hotels in Phoenixville -- the only other comparable hotel in Phoenixville is the Mainstay downtown, which has small rooms and inconvenient parking. My boyfriend and I stayed at the French Creek Inn a couple weeks ago and were satisfied with our stay. We had a double bed smoking room which was spacious for the two of us, definitely nothing fancy. Very affordable, accepted AAA discount. Yes, renovations and softer beds would be nice, but we weren't looking for luxury, we were looking for value, a safe place, and a good location. Staff was courteous and unobtrusive; we were just there to relax and come and go as necessary and they gave us no bother. Great restaurants nearby. Take Rt 23 right outside the hotel all the way into the Amish country, or in the other direction into Valley Forge/King of Prussia.

AVOID any of those cheap Pottstown hotels as well as the G Lodge, Vincent's, & Prima so you don't get bedbugs or run into prostitutes.

Will stay at French Creek Inn when we need to visit Phoenixville again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ms-gnomie
las vegas nv
Reviewed 19 June 2011

the rooms are large and clean, but they need to invest in pillow top mattresses, the
beds are very hard. there is really not much choice in hotels when you visit the area.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank marbo
Ohio
Reviewed 13 June 2011

Very old and unmaintained. Toilet did not flush (called plumber and plumber could not fix). A/C did not work - could only get a small amount of outside air to circulate. Moved us to a different room and were told we'd have to move again the next day. Beds were so hard you might as well sleep on the floor (but I wouldn't recommend that either). Would not allow us to cancel reservation even though we arrived at 3:00pm. There's a very good reason why they don't allow you to cancel a reservation same day. You must cancel 24 hours prior (before you see the place). Avoid. For nearly the same price, we moved to a gorgeous Hampton Inn @ Valley Forge and got a full hot breakfast and a luxurious comfy bed.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
6 Thank neveragainforus
Also consider these accommodations in or near Phoenixville
Mainstay Inn
Mainstay Inn
#5 of 5 in Phoenixville
Hilton Garden Inn Valley Forge/Oaks
The Conference Center at Valley Forge
Hampton Inn and Suites Valley Forge/Oaks
Staybridge Suites Royersford-Valley Forge
Courtyard Philadelphia Valley Forge/Collegeville

Been to French Creek Inn? Share your experiences!