“Surprised me.”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Pine Grove
Gardiner, New York
“Surprised me.”
Reviewed 21 August 2013

This was a very clean and well cared for Comfort inn, way above average for them since for the most part i shun them now, The room was in great shape, clean and the bedding was very good. The staff pleasant and accommodating as well.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
comfortinnpinegrove, General Manager at Comfort Inn Pine Grove, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write a review. I will share your comments with the staff, they really like hearing positive comments from our guests.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Fairfield, Illinois
Reviewed 13 August 2013

In June we visited my son who was hiking the Appalachian Trail. We were looking for an economical hotel that was clean and would accommodate our dog. This hotel fit the bill perfectly. The hotel was showing its age. The cleaning staff overlooked debris in the elevator for several days, but overall it wasn't too bad. Since we had a dog I was afraid the room they would put us in would have a strong dog odor. To my surprise there wasn't any smell at all.
The staff, both on the phone and in person, were short and to the point. I am going to guess this is just the nature of the people in this region of the country. They weren't rude, just not talkative or engaging.
Oh, one other thing. When I told them my son was hiking the AT they reduced our rate from $150 to $75 without my even asking. That was nice.

Room Tip: Don't expect a five star and you won't be disappointed.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your comments and I will share them with the staff as we always try to improve our guest experience. We hope to see you in the future.
Ellisburg
Reviewed 20 July 2013

A very clean hotel beds were very comfortable staff were very friendly and helpful to the activities around the area Hershey Park was just down the road about 30 minutes along with a outlet mall, for the women who like to shop.

Room Tip: This was one of the best hotels we have stayed at it is close to Hershey Park about 30 minutes away...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
comfortinnpinegrove, General Manager at Comfort Inn Pine Grove, responded to this review, 7 August 2013
Thank you for your kind words on our hotel and remember to tell al your friends about us.
Gorham, Maine
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Our short stay at the Pine Grove Comfort Inn was perfect. The pool clean and welcoming, the pillow options on the bed a nice touch, and the breakfast in the morning well-tended to. Was really makes this hotel, however, is the staff. Their personal touch and interest in guests was clearly evident in their working hard to extend our stay and checking in with my girls to ask how their swim was. Don't underestimate how busy and booked this hotel is...we did and won't make that mistake our next trip to the Ft. Indiantown Gap area!

Room Tip: Don't underestimate the popularity of this hotel! I was surprised to find out how difficult it w...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to write a review on our property. I will share your comments with the staff.
Chatham, Massachusetts
Reviewed 11 July 2013

When I started through PA I stopped at one of the state rest areas and picked up a hotel coupon book. When I got near Harrisburg I looked at what was ahead and found this hotel. I picked a winner, the coupon rate was $69 and I had a wonderful room, great bed and quiet even though it isn't very far off Interstate 81. The front desk clerk was more helpful on finding me a place to eat and not the McDonalds out front. Now that I know this hotel exists I will definitely stay here again

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
We are a hidden treasure and hope to see you in the future.
Waterloo, Canada
Reviewed 25 April 2013

Unexpected stay, but they are right off the highway with big-rig parking right out front, couldn't resist! Glad we did! Super-friendly reception, clean room, white linens and pillow selection. The pool was one of the few we have tried recently that was warm enough to enjoy! Good size exercise room. Large tv, fridge and micro in room great. Bathrooms a bit worn but clean. Breakfast had nice assortment of fruit, cereal, waffles, eggs bacon etc. Ordered in from the pizza place in the book, the pasta was fantastic and huge portions! Would stay again if passing through.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
PA
Reviewed 24 April 2013

We stayed here with our two small dogs during a recent visit to the nearby off-road park. Extremely close to the highway. The price was excellent compared with another pet-friendly hotel in the area. The hotel is a little older and some areas show wear, but the rooms are neat and the pillows and beds are wonderful! The breakfast and breakfast area was very nice...lots of room to meet with others and chat and the food was good. I lost an earring one morning while getting ready, and the housekeeper found it for me before I even realized it was missing!! We will stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Comfort Inn Midway
#1 of 1 in Bethel
Comfort Inn Lebanon Valley/Ft. Indiantown Gap
Days Inn Lebanon/Fort Indiantown Gap
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Frackville (Pottsville)

Been to Comfort Inn Pine Grove? Share your experiences!