“Great experience!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pine Grove
Twin Grove RV Resort & Cottages
Reviewed 8 October 2012

This is the first time we went to Twin Grove Resort and it wont be the last one. We really like the place. The cottage was very cozy and comfy. I like it that it was clean and it looks pretty new.
The staff is very friendly.
It is the perfect place to take your kids for a nature vacation. The place has mini golf, pool, arcade games, a restaurant, games for kids, its really nice and well organized. They have seasonal activities. Even though we did not participate in any activity I like the fact that they have programs to keep kids entertained.
Another thing I liked is that they have a closed area for dogs to play.
The only think I did't like was the air mattress. We rented the one room cottage that fits four adult, it has a queen bed, where my parents in law slept, and it comes with an air mattress that you put on the kitchen. My husband and I slept there and it was pretty uncomfortable. Another things is that it would be nice to have a heater also on the kitchen area, it only has one on the room, you can move it, but at night when we closed the bedroom door, we were pretty cold on the kitchen.
Despite that, overall we really like our experience, the surrounding area is pretty, the campground is very nice and quiet. We will definitely come back and recommend it.

Room Tip: If you rent the one room cottage and somebody will sleep on the air mattress, bring extra bed covers...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Gery-Paola

Reviewed 27 August 2012

My family and I were very excited to try out this new campground. The campsite we had for our travel trailer was fine, but lacked any trees. We picked our site close to the rides and arcade so our kids would be close to everything only to find out they are separate from the campground. Horrible hours (like not even open in the morning when you are checking out to cash in your arcade tickets) and ride staff who would rather not be there for the kids. The staff in the store are clueless and are not helpful. And, when we tried to turn our golf cart in before the store closed at 9 we discovered they decided to close early that night...really? I would not recommend this campground to anyone who wants amenities available to them and who want to have a stress free vacation. I spent the majority of this trip stressed out and disappointed!!

Room Tip: Don't go here not worth it
1  Thank MomofTwins2003
Reviewed 24 August 2012

I have to write a review because a previous review really made us happy about our choice...and I have to totally agree with it! Twin Grove is an absolutely amazing place to vacation with your family! You don't have to leave the grounds...everything you need is right there! The staff is so friendly and accommodating!! Everything is CLEAN!!! Lodge A71...for those of us that like to "camp" with AC, a bathroom, full kitchen, bedrooms, living area, dining area, front porch was something you have to see and experience to believe!! The views are incredible!!!! The two pools with the slides alone were something that had my kids saying over and over again how much they loved this place! The games and activities during the day are a nice touch and the free movie and free popcorn is also awesome!! You do have to be prepared to spend some money on the rides, arcade, totally delicious, generous sized ice cream cones, mini golf, arts and crafts but all TOTALLY worth it and since the price to stay was not too bad you don't mind spending that extra money! After all, you are on vacation, would spend money on attractions anyway, at least these are at your fingertips!! Restaurant food was really good too! Wings and nachos were great! If you love resort life and campground life this is totally the place to go!! We hope to return one day!!

2  Thank Angelique R
Reviewed 2 August 2012

Since my first review of this campground over a year ago, we have really gotten into camping. We have probably visited nearly 30 other campgrounds in the PA/MD/VA area. None of these come close to what Twin Grove has to offer in terms of amenities and cleanliness. We just had our sixth stay at Twin Grove and came home today from our most recent stay. The campground is continually improving. We were also camping there Memorial Day weekend and noticed two brand new deluxe lodges in the east section of the campground. They are secluded, but offer a spectacular view of the mountains. Once we discovered there, we inquired about them at the office and booked a three night stay. There are two new lodges in this section and we stayed in A70. The lodge was wonderful--two bedrooms (one with a full sized bed and the other has two sets of bunk beds), a bathroom with shower, kitchen, and living/sofa area with a sofa, dining room table, and TV. The kitchen has a full sized refrigerator, stove/oven, microwave, coffee pot, toaster, and pots/pans/dishes. Towels, sheets, and blankets are included as well. This made packing a lot easier! We really enjoyed the quietness of this site as there was someone in the lodge across from us only one night during our stay. I'm glad to see this campground is continually upgrading and adding new things. They also added additional tent sites near these lodges, but it looks like they're not ready yet for use. I do hope that they run electric to them. We plan on returning two more times this season and have always had a pleasant experience here with the staff. This is truly our home away from home, regardless if we tent or stay in a cabin.

4  Thank psnyder97
Reviewed 23 July 2012

We stayed here for three days in a popup. This is the best campground that we have ever stayed in. The spaces are big and you do not feel like you are on top of other camp sites. The bathrooms are very clean. The staff is helpful. The prices in the camp store are reasonable. The quiet hours are from 11 pm until 8 am and clearly people obeyed them.

If I could make one minor suggestion for improvement, it would be that they create some type of recycling program. Currently there is none. That, however is about the only fault that I could find with the campground.

This is a great place to stay and we cannot wait to come back.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bwco
Reviewed 11 July 2012

We stayed here in May before the heavy camping season began. The weather was nice enough for shorts, but the pool was not open yet, of course. We didn't miss it to be honest. We stayed at a site that sits along the creek. The kids had a gret time. We rented a golf cart and took it around the farther areas of the campground. The carnival was fun, yet expensive. Our kids played on all the rides at least once. They loved it. We did some painting crafts which I thought were high priced. Some campgrounds can make a lot of money on the ceramics. Others just make you pay their cost. The food at the restaurant was good according to my kids and husband. They ate there before I arrived. The breakfast buffet was a joke. They were understaffed and one of the waitresses told us they were preparing for a big catering job and didn't have enough people or time to get it done. Overall, I thought it was a decent campground and would stay here again if we could get the same site.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank GburgfoodieQ
Reviewed 20 June 2012

The staff is incredibly rude and lacks customer service skills.
The management is not helpful and incompetent.
The ice cream parlor smells like a septic tank.
The pool does not have enough chairs.
The cottages are dirty and very uncomfortable.
The fridge, lightbulbs, and television did not work in the cottage.
The grill was broken.
Terrible experience and a joke to be a KOA.
The charges on my credit card are incorrect!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Comfort Inn Pine Grove
Comfort Inn Pine Grove
#2 of 4 in Pine Grove
Hampton Inn Harrisburg / Grantville / Hershey

Been to Twin Grove RV Resort & Cottages? Share your experiences!