“DISGUSTING!! CABINS ARE BUG INFESTED!! Do NOT stay here!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pine Grove
Twin Grove RV Resort & Cottages
Reviewed 14 July 2014

My family and I go camping every year for our summer vacation and I have NEVER seen a place as disgusting and poorly maintained and managed as this place. We rented a family lodge (A70) from Thursday thru Tuesday. We got there a couple hours early after a long drive and were told we could not check in until 3pm because they were cleaning our cabin. We had no problem at all with that since check in time is 3pm anyway. We decided to take our 5 year old twins to the arcade and to eat at the restaurant onsite. Very limited selection of food but didn't expect too much more from a campground.

So now it's 3:00 and we check into out cabin. OMG!! I have never been so disgusted in my life. There were dead and alive bugs EVERYWHERE!! There was a PILE of crumbs under the toaster over. I immediately called the front desk and complained. They sent LISA one of their housekeeping up and I expressed how disgusting it was to her and she kept apologizing and went around and cleaned up the TONS of dead bugs as I was stepping on the live ones. I immediately took out the cleaning supplies and decided to clean the cabin myself once she left and I was blown away by the amount of filt and bugs that I saw. Now that I cleaned EVERYTHING I thought we would be ok. Boy was I wrong. We left the cabin and went to the carousel and walked around the campground and did a little food shopping. We got back to the cabin about 9pm and it was infested once again will bugs crawling everywhere!!! The worst for me had to be the bugs that were crawling all over the beds that my kids were supposed to sleep in. I started hysterical crying because there was no way I was staying there or letting bugs crawl all over my kids when they were sleeping. I called the emergency number and they sent a security guard to the cabin to spray for bugs. Are you kidding me. He couldn't believe himself how disgusting it was and the bugs. My husband is now on the phone with the "manager" who was incredibly disrespectful and rude. He wanted to speak to the security guard so my husband put him on the phone and the security guard agreed and told him how disgusting it was. We told him we wanted our money back because there was no way we were staying there even one night. The "manager" comes to the cabin and was EXTREMELY DISRESPECTFUL AND OBNOXIOUS to me and my children to where my husband had to step in. I asked what the managers name was and was told it was CALVIN. He said we were not getting any money back and I told him we were leaving and we will get our money back. So now at 10pm at night I was trying to find any hotel that had availability on a holiday weekend and how we were going to pay for it since we spent our money on this piece of crap cabin. My husband continued to call twin grove everyday requesting our money back and were told that CALVIN is in fact NOT the manager and had no right to say we weren't getting our money and that MISSY (who was there with Calvin that night and barely said a word) was the manager. After approx three days MISSY called back and said they refunded us for TWO nights. Are you kidding me!! My husband told her he wants to speak to the owner PHILLIP immediately because that is unacceptable !! We are still waiting for a call from him and it's been over a week now!! THIS PLACE IS A RIP OFF AND HAS A SERIOUS BUG INFESTATION!! BEWARE!! I also took pictures and videos of everything so I do have proof of this!!! I will gladly send the pictures and videos to anyone that would like to see them. You should know ahead of time what to expect when you spend your hard earned money on a vacation.

DANA BARRESI

DANA BARRESI

• Stayed: July 2014
9  Thank Danabarresi
There are newer reviews for Twin Grove RV Resort & Cottages

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed 4 nights in the family lodge cabin and enjoyed our stay! The pool and slides were great for the kids. The bounce houses and train ride was awesome! Only complaints we had were the hours! The office opened late, the kids activities (bounce house, carousel, train)were only certain days and evening hours. We would have enjoyed our stay more if we were able to use those extra things more. The food in the restaurant was not great and would not recommend. The steaks were very low grade and the chicken seemed processed! For the prices we expected more!

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We have stayed here several times a I must say since they are no longer with KOA, the park had trash all over the ground, the bathrooms where not clean. The pool is a law suit waiting to happen, they do not monitor the pool and how pool go down the slides. Children where passing my 7 year old while he was going down the slide and he got kicked in the back while going down the slide ( yes I was in the water the hole time) and I told the kid. Went into the office to complain someone then came out for about 5 minutes. There was two sink holes under the flooring in our cabin, the heavy wooden table missing, didn't deliver the wood, broken cabinet door, no light bulb in lights in bedroom. We where very sadden we did go twice a year. This time we came home a day early because it was an awful experience...I had a probably in the laundry room to much to type and was called a lair by the manager. Very poor customer service, we will not be returning in less things improve and they go back with KOA. Alot of people I talked to while there where not aware they where not KOA. But they are not!!! Oh and forget the mini golf it is falling apart. It is sooooooooo sad. :0(

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank poohtech
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We have stayed at this resort for the past several years. Initially we stayed when we first bought our camper because it was close and this was our first trip out in quite a few years. We wanted to be sure we had what was needed before going too far away. We first stayed at this campground in June of 2011 for three weeks in a row. We enjoyed it that much we decided to leave our camper there during the week and come up on the weekends - it was KOA at that time and we could leave it there during the week unhooked for no cost and pay for the weekends - AWESOME! So we were coming back each year since that point until this past June, we have seen the change since they were a KOA and it is not a good change. When you go to the pool now you can not have have snacks of any kind for your kids only bottled water for everyone and water is good, but you don't want to have to keep running in to the store for snacks - although it seems this is the reason for the no snacks/food/drinks/ or anything at the pool. Then you have a staff member walking around the pool the entire time looking to find something - you feel like you are on survellience all the time. Desk staff were pretty nice, just doesn't seem very organized back there though. Funny too how they can just conjur up a weekend with certain activities and consider this a Holiday weekend - when the holiday is about three weeks away from that??? So unfortunately I don't believe that we will be returning to this campground in the future :(

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank S G
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this RV resort last summer because we just recently bought our RV and it was only about 1 hr away. We needed to do a trial run with our motor home before we took it out of state. We were amazed at how nice it was. Extremely dog friendly , which is very important to us since we travel with 2 active black labs! The dog park is beautiful, staff is friendly and the sites are great! We like shaded spots and we were accommodated ! The pool is amazing although we didn't get to use it. There is so much to do especially of you have children. We stayed here several times during the summer/ fall of 2013. We will definitely return! I would highly recommend booking a trip here, but ask for a shaded area if being in the sun isn't what you want since most sites are out in the open.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Bob-N-Wend
Duane G, Public Relations Manager at Twin Grove RV Resort & Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

We are pleased that our Campground met your expectations and that you enjoyed your stay. We strive to make everyone's camping experience great! We look forward to you camping with us again in the near future. Thanks for the great review.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

My husband and I stayed in a deluxe cottage 6/29-7/1/14. Check in and check out were easy. Cottage was super cute! The entire camp group was extremely clean. Amenities like the pool were great. We booked two cabins for next year before checking out!

• Stayed: June 2014

We are pleased that you enjoyed the deluxe cottage you stayed in during your visit with us at Twin Grove RV Resort and Cottages. Thank you for the great review and we hope to see you back again soon

Reviewed 23 June 2014

My family and I have been repeat visitors for 6 years. This is our "go to" campground for quick long weekend get-a-ways and a few longer week long trips. The staff is fabulous, very quick to respond to special requests. Our family includes smaller children (ages 3 and 7). The pool, "carnival", arcade, playgrounds and walking trails are a perfect addition to our normal family camping activities. We've stayed in several areas of the campground and have been happy with all of them. We've used a travel trailer and a large 5th wheel. The staff is great is helping you select a site that is perfect for your needs. Also very good in accommodating groups that would like to stay closer together. Restroom and shower facilities are always very clean. Pool staff is strict on no food/drink in the pool area and politely directs you to nice seating areas just outside of the pool fence to enjoy any food/drink you may have brought.

Room Tip: Tell the staff what your "ideal" spot would include (i.e. shaded, pull through, close to p...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank You for being a repeat customer. We are please that our staff was helpful to you during your stay and we hope you will return to make it 7 years of camping with us at Twin Grove RV Resort and Cottages!! Hopefully we will see you and your family soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pine Grove
Comfort Inn Pine Grove
Comfort Inn Pine Grove
#2 of 4 in Pine Grove
Fairfield Inn & Suites - Lebanon Valley

Been to Twin Grove RV Resort & Cottages? Share your experiences!