“Keep Driving....Let your GPS recalculate”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Pine Grove
Roanoke, VA
“Keep Driving....Let your GPS recalculate”
Reviewed 28 July 2008

....Keep driving...We booked the hotel for 3 nights for 2 families because is was close to Hershey Park. We pulled in the outside and the lobby looked ok. We were checked in and told we would be closer entering from the back to get to our rooms. Never during our stay did we see an elevator, you had to carry your things up two sets of stairs. We are non-smokers. One room was a king smoking on the ground floor exterior, our reservation was booked wrong and they were so called booked but the parking lot was empty... when you opened the door it smelled like a puff of smoke...burn holes in the quilts, spots on the covers, limited towels and washcloths. They were able to switch to a non-smoking room the next day. The next room was on the second floor interior. That room was two double beds...the shower curtain was not pulled closed, there was hair in the bath tub, the soaps and shampoo were thrown on the counter by the sink, the safety bolt on the door was broke, they were using flat sheets as fitted sheets for the beds, the microwave and refrigerator was dirty. The ice maker on the second floor did not work the only other ice maker was in the lobby but they locked the lobby at 11pm. The family lived in the hotel. We went directly to Walmart and bought pillows, blankets, and big bottles of Lysol. There was a guest in the lobby requesting his room to be vaccum because there was dogs hair all over the floor. The towels and wash cloths were dirty looking we were told the laundry guy was on vacation. After seeing the rooms, there was no way we were going to entertain the idea of the free breakfast. Mc Donalds was located right next door. During checkout about 9:30am the desk clerk looked liked he just got up in order to help with check outs. Stay clear of Econo Lodge 419 Suedberg Rd Pine Grove, PA, US, 17963

• Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank travler2you

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 17 June 2006

this motel is nice and clean like we ever had before. we was trying to drive back home and we went there. the employees behaviour was nice the room was nice and clean and would love to stay wid them again.thanks

• Stayed June 2006
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 8 May 2006

Bad service ruined an otherwise pleasant family trip at the Econolodge. On the last night of our stay, I misplaced my cameras in the hotel room. When I called the hotel desk upon my return home, the person on the other line was very rude and informed me that no one had found my camera and he could do nothing to help me find them. He wouldn't even take a moment to check the hotel room chair, where I thought they had fell. I will not be returning to this hotel.

I am sorry I cannot post any photos of this hotel, as I do not have a camera or any of my film from this trip.

• Stayed May 2006
Comfort Inn Midway
Comfort Inn Midway
#1 of 1 in Bethel
Days Inn Lebanon/Fort Indiantown Gap

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Econo Lodge

Property: Econo Lodge
Address: 419 Suedberg Rd, I-81 Exit 100, Pine Grove, PA 17963-9274
Region: United States > Pennsylvania > Pine Grove
Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Pine Grove
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:1.5 star — Econo Lodge 1.5*
Located conveniently off Interstate 81 Exit 100, just minutes from Hershey attractions, Fort Indiantown Gap, and Rausch Creek Motor Park. Property offers high speed internet, Free HOT breakfast, Free WiFi, Microwave and Fridges in every room, Free Morning Coffee, Cable TV with 50 channels & HBO, Ample truck parking. Eat at one of the many local restaurants surrounding the property as well as take advantage of the great rates property has to offer being in the Hershey Park vicinity. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Econo Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Econo Lodge Pine Grove