“My low expectations were met”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Pine Grove
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“My low expectations were met”
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Fully functional cheap hotel. Adequately clean and nothing fancy. They have rooms with 3 Queen beds which is great for families on a budget. Free breakfast includes a waffle machine which generated an "awesome" ranking from my 7 year old.

• Stayed April 2014
CocoaCountryMgmnt, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear: Patricklf

On behalf of our hotel staff, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to receive your kind words of praise.
Given the very nature of the hotel business, the hours are long and demanding.
Day or night, good service depends upon people willing to give their very best at all times. That's why it is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts, and takes the time to say thank you.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their night's stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. However, it is only through our guests’ eyes that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services we provide.

Again, let me thank you for your kind words. We are committed to total guest satisfaction, and we look forward to your next visit.

KPage AGM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Pine Grove, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 13 February 2014

We pulled off the highway during a snow storm in the middle of the night. We found a nice surprise when we took a chance and chose this hotel mainly because the parking lot was flat and we knew we would not get stuck pulling in or out of here. We were pleasantly surprised at how comfortable we were. Nice heat, very clean, a manager that goes above and beyond for you. Very quiet and conveniently located next to dining, gas, and the highway. People were very pleasant everywhere we went. Diner food in town was delicious and plentiful. A pleasant experience and a definite place we will stay again. Thank you Econo Lodge and Pine Grove for making a weather changing experience the best that it could be! We will be back! JD and family

Room Tip: #104 Clean, comfortable, quiet, very nice heat, not a thing to complain about.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank James D
CocoaCountryMgmnt, Assistant General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Dear JD and Family:

Given the very nature of the hotel business, the hours are long and demanding.

Kerry
Del Rio, Texas
Reviewed 22 December 2013

I stayed here just recently on my way from Canada to North Carolina and find this hotel to be very clean and quiet. Breakfast is basic but adequate. As well the rooms all have a small fridge and microwave. I especially like that the manager calls to ensure you are happy with the room. If you want a clean and comfortable room to stay I recommend this hotel highly.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
CocoaCountryMgmnt, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Thank you for your positive review. It was nice to hear you enjoyed many aspects of your stay. We will be sure to pass on your compliments to the rest of our team. We are glad we were able to provide you with excellent service. It was nice to hear you find our hotel to be a relaxing place to stay during your visit to Pine Grove.
Fort Ann, New York
Reviewed 7 November 2013

We stayed here twice because we knew the hotel rather well and knew the location very well. The customer service was very very supportive since I had a problem with the trailer I was towing. But the rooms were filthy. My wife used to work as a chamber maid cleaning these kinds of rooms before. We were put in a smoking room because we were told pets were only allowed in them. The rooms had to be re cleaned by us before we could lay down. She has a problem with stairs and only up stairs rooms were for smoking. We had gotten there late the second trip and needed ice. Went to the office and the lobby (where there is the only ice machine and soda machine) was closed for the night at 11 and wouldn't re open until 6 am. So no ice. I spoke to someone who was trying to check in. He told me that the response about the ice was "I'm sorry..." and basically I had to go somewhere else to get ice after hours. I was lucky enough to find a Comfort Inn behind there and the customer service person was very nice and told me that was common and take all the ice I wanted. She told me people staying at the Econo Lodge often stop down there for ice. From now on I will cut out the middle man and stay in the Comfort Inn instead.

Room Tip: If you can avoid it I do not recommend staying here.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
CocoaCountryMgmnt, AGM at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 1 December 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments so we can continually improve our services. We do apologize for any confusion regarding the lobby closure after hours. We do provide a "Informative Welcome Letter" at the time of check-in describing the lobby hours, ice machine usage and local businesses. We have a large clientele that require pet free rooms due to allergies or other health reasons, we have to maintain that pets are only allowed in smoking rooms due to these reasons. We did accommodate you in a non-smoking guest room, which is against our normal policy. We discussed the conditions of your room with our staff and ensure that all guest rooms are up to Econo Lodge Pine Grove standards. Customer satisfaction is extremely important to us, and we are sorry that our service failed to meet your expectations. Our team members strive to do their best; however, we were not our best that day. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.
Lewisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Called ahead to secure a room. Front desk was very friendly. Room was very clean and spacious. In my opinion the front lobby reflects what the rooms are like. The only draw back I could see, if you are a contractor, forget coffee before 6am. You'll have to drink coffee from Shiitz ( yes, I meant to spell it that way). The McDonald's ( next door) doesn't open until 6:30 am. ( Never mind what it says on line). Store across the street ( don't know what time it opened, we had to leave for work). But it was nice to go next door for dinner the night before.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
CocoaCountryMgmnt, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Thank you for your kind review. We appreciate that you found the accommodations and service comfortable and friendly. We do apologize for the inconvenience of our breakfast/coffee service hours for you. Unfortunately, those are the hours that are set for breakfast. Thanks so much for staying with us and we hope to see again soon!
Angela K,
Cumming,GA
Reviewed 7 June 2013

I found a coupon book at a rest area and made reservations. When we checked in they hit us for an xtra 10 bucks for 2 people. There was nothing mentioned in the ad that the price was for (1) person. The room was clean and comfortable. I had some second thoughts after being in the lobby. The smell was terrible but the rooms were nice. The breakfast was so,so. NO decaff coffee
so we ate next door at McDonalds. The one positive thing there is a very nice VFW nearby, The VFW is the only reason we would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank dennis30041
CocoaCountryMgmnt, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 15 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I apologize for the confusion in the coupon rate. This was a common issue so I have updated future coupon rates to be good for up to 2 people in a room.
We are in the process of making changes to improve guest satisfaction and we appreciate your input.
I hope you will stay with us in the future.

Cheryl, VP of Operations
Brampton Ontario
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Hotel was clean and very nice friendly environment perfect customer service Breakfast choice was limited but was good location was perfect close to Highway not many food vendor's around but was ok. Our stay with my spouse and another family at Econo lodge pine grove, pa was excellent. The room was clean and looked like new carpeting and fresh paint inside the room as well as the exterior. i have no complaints about the room or service. The continental breakfast had limited choice but was OK The coffee was hot and plentiful. On Site Manager was perfect.Hiren S/Kiran G/Bharti G

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
CocoaCountryMgmnt, VP of Operations at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
Thank you for the great review! We are currently making updates to the property including the guest rooms and things are turning out great as you experienced. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

- Cheryl
Hampton Inn Pine Grove
#1 of 4 in Pine Grove
Days Inn Lebanon/Fort Indiantown Gap
Comfort Inn Lebanon Valley/Ft. Indiantown Gap
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Frackville (Pottsville)

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!