Econo Lodge
US$109
US$102
Country Inn
TripAdvisor
All reviewsmanager callsdollar roomroom was clean and comfortablesmall fridge and microwavearound midnightstay there againrausch creekhighwaystopover
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 August 2008

Right off the floor was lumpy and squishy under the rug.
Next we noticed the smoke detector was missing and wires exposed. The wallpaper was loose like there was a water leak. The bedding was old and had cigarette burns in the comforter. The bathroom was undescribable. If it not after a long drive and no other
motels nearby we would have left. Cannot imagine Econo Lodge
allow a place like that to use their name.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank Readytogonow
Reviewed 17 August 2008

It was late. Tried to book into Comfort Inn nexr door, but it was full.
The foyer to the EconoLodge is OK and the clerk seemed very nice. However that was the end of the good parts of the stay. My room a non-smoking king, was filthy. Mold in the bathroom. Carpets may have been vaccumed in the center of the room but definitely not in any of the corners. Toilet tank was cracked. Towels are definitely the cheapest one can get. Pillows seemed to be made of pieces of styrofoam. Breakfast consisted of two loaves of bread to make toast with a grape jelly as the only condiment. The orange juice was good and the coffee might have been good, but the owner insists on putting out that powdered gunk for whitener.

Internet access was possible but ONLY in the lobby.... seems that the router is so weak it will not reach any of the rooms.

At one time, this may have been a nice motel, large rooms, good location. However the owner is letting it run down and milking it as a cash cow. A hotel which is worth $35 a night is being rented at $89 a night. Ecolodge??? NEVER AGAIN.

It's unfortunate that many of the chains do not have quality control over their members. I'm sure that there are probably some perfectly adequate Econo Lodge motels in the system, but why take the chance when you can stay at a Hampton Inn for a few dollars more?

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Pickwix
Reviewed 28 July 2008

....Keep driving...We booked the hotel for 3 nights for 2 families because is was close to Hershey Park. We pulled in the outside and the lobby looked ok. We were checked in and told we would be closer entering from the back to get to our rooms. Never during our stay did we see an elevator, you had to carry your things up two sets of stairs. We are non-smokers. One room was a king smoking on the ground floor exterior, our reservation was booked wrong and they were so called booked but the parking lot was empty... when you opened the door it smelled like a puff of smoke...burn holes in the quilts, spots on the covers, limited towels and washcloths. They were able to switch to a non-smoking room the next day. The next room was on the second floor interior. That room was two double beds...the shower curtain was not pulled closed, there was hair in the bath tub, the soaps and shampoo were thrown on the counter by the sink, the safety bolt on the door was broke, they were using flat sheets as fitted sheets for the beds, the microwave and refrigerator was dirty. The ice maker on the second floor did not work the only other ice maker was in the lobby but they locked the lobby at 11pm. The family lived in the hotel. We went directly to Walmart and bought pillows, blankets, and big bottles of Lysol. There was a guest in the lobby requesting his room to be vaccum because there was dogs hair all over the floor. The towels and wash cloths were dirty looking we were told the laundry guy was on vacation. After seeing the rooms, there was no way we were going to entertain the idea of the free breakfast. Mc Donalds was located right next door. During checkout about 9:30am the desk clerk looked liked he just got up in order to help with check outs. Stay clear of Econo Lodge 419 Suedberg Rd Pine Grove, PA, US, 17963

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank travler2you
A TripAdvisor Member
columbus,ohio
Reviewed 17 June 2006

this motel is nice and clean like we ever had before. we was trying to drive back home and we went there. the employees behaviour was nice the room was nice and clean and would love to stay wid them again.thanks

• Stayed: June 2006
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Amsterdam, NY
Reviewed 8 May 2006

Bad service ruined an otherwise pleasant family trip at the Econolodge. On the last night of our stay, I misplaced my cameras in the hotel room. When I called the hotel desk upon my return home, the person on the other line was very rude and informed me that no one had found my camera and he could do nothing to help me find them. He wouldn't even take a moment to check the hotel room chair, where I thought they had fell. I will not be returning to this hotel.

I am sorry I cannot post any photos of this hotel, as I do not have a camera or any of my film from this trip.

• Stayed: May 2006