“Nice Historical Inn”
Review of Piper Tavern

Piper Tavern
Ranked #1 of 14 Restaurants in Pipersville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 20 October 2012

Been passing this place too often not to give it a try. Lovely setting, incredible history and great ambiance. We had a nice table by the arched wndows and our server was excellent. Snapper soup was very tasty. Hubby's turkey platter was an average meal. I had the salmon and it was just fine. We were not drinking so our lunch bill pretip was 31. Relaxing setting reasonable price for decent meal.

1  Thank rivernan

Reviewed 18 October 2012

On our way home from a nice outing at The Sand Castle Winery, we stopped here for lunch. We had great service and our lunch was very good and plentiful, which left no room for desert.
This was a first visit for us, but will not be the last and we all enjoyed it very much.

1  Thank busybee39
Reviewed 12 October 2012

Yes, it is nice to dine in a restored building....I wouldn't have opened the kitchen, though... I don't need to hear the clamor coming from that direction while I am eating the delicious smoked trout and salmon...The menu has so many delicious options, we had a hard time deciding..Kudos to the executive chef!. We were there for lunch...signs outside said they had great burgers, we were hungry as we passed through this tiny town around 2:30 pm, so we turned around. We were happy to find them open..

Signs direct you to walk through the bar for seating...Very dark but it is authentic for the most part..Lots to look at...Then you are looking at the kitchen...led to a table in one of the dining rooms...Nice, but I do not like dried flowers and apparently the owner does...Waitress was pleasant, but we were there near the end of lunch and she was checking us often to see if we were finished...Cobb salad was massive!!! Salad with fried oysters...sounded strange and different...The oysters were sweet, tender and juicy, as if they were just brought in that day...Doubt it, we are in Bucks County, PA...Had much worst tasting oysters on Long Beach Island!
Bottom line ...we hope to get back soon...for dinner...I'd like to sit on the enclosed porch at night...Looks like it would be romantic...

Reviewed 22 August 2012

Been going there for over 40 + years. Three things were always great in past years, super food, great service, and respectful and caring owners and management. That has all changed recently and all three have regressed. My last visit a year ago I was ripped off by a waitress who was on the job only 3 days to the tune of $50.00. I picked up the check for our party of 5 people. The check was $250.00. I took out two one hundreds, two $20.00 and a ten and put them on the table before putting them in the bill fold. Then a fifty for the waitress which I handed to her personally. She left with the money walked towards the register and then came back saying very loudly I shorted her $50.00 and made a big scene. I threw down another $50.00 and left rather than make a scene as I was with business associates. I called management the next day and explained the situation. I was told that I would get a phone call back as they were concerned about this kind of happenings with a new waitress.. I'm glad I did not hold my breath as I am still waiting. Very embarrassing as I brought out of town clients there. Just slightly above average food, got ripped off by a new waitress, and management chose to ignore a 40+ year good customer. If they cared I would have received a phone call. Not my loss, it is theirs.

10  Thank Edward W
Reviewed 15 August 2012

we have been going to the Pipersville inn for many years. The food has always been outstanding. Very friendly and accomodating waitstaff.....always a pleasure to dine there