“Yummy Relaxing Break Any Summer Night”

Chubby's Dairy Barn Incorporated
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Pipersville
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Great ice cream served by local teens employed by a very "local engaged" company. This place has existed for years but gets better every year. Nice "mini park" just outside the door of this hidden gem. Family friendly, local ice cream, always a great experience.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

What you say?
LOVE the ice cream
atmosphere
great staff
And if you are waiting in line it's because everyone loves it.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

Delicious ice cream & a fabulous, hard working staff. Special thanks to Stephanie! Love your smiling face & superb service. DMG

Reviewed 3 August 2013

I went here with my husband and another couple b/c we read it was voted a great place for ice cream. Well, the ice cream is not really "homemade". It is commercial or powdered ice cream. We all ordered medium ice cream in cups. No adults were supervising the business. One young girl waited on our friends and a diffent girl waited on us. Our friends ordered and received their ice cream first. Ours came out at least a 1/4 size less than theirs. I asked what size thiers was and what size mine was as they looked so different. They were supposedly the same...not! The girl gave me "attitude" and reluctently offered to add more ice cream. I declined seeing that my husband's was the same size as mine and a crowd came in. Chubby's will never make me chubby. It was not worth the $5.

Jesse B, Owner at Chubby's Dairy Barn Incorporated, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

I'm the owner and I am so sorry you had a bad experience in my shop. We've spent a good deal of time trying to make our business the best we possibly can. First, our ice cream is not powdered. I don't know if that is even a thing. We are proud that our ice cream is made by Nelson's in Royersford, only 20 minutes away using local milk and cream. Their ice cream is all natural and has been made by the same family for almost 80 years in the same location using the same machinery that we have in our shop. Dave Nelson has forgotten more about ice cream than I could ever hope to learn. Most "handmade" ice creams are made from a universal mix. Nelson's is made from scratch to that recipe and is 16% butterfat and very low overrun, better than even most "handmade" ice creams. I am sorry that you felt your scoops were small. My staff told me that they repeatedly offered you free ice cream and that you refused it. If there is some way that we can make for a better experience for you, than please let me know, we are always available for suggestions or comments.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

All natural ingredients and great staff. They are a cash only establishment BUT they have so many evening activities for kids, I have liked them on Facebook so I can view what is going on. They have musicians who come in and sing to the kids and Princess night - all great people there!