“Great Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 68 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Morgantown, West Virginia
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

Very friendly staff. Room comfortable, clean and quiet. 2nd time here and really like it.

Conference facilities really enhance learning experience.
Bellman were wonderful and walked me to the T. Front desk staff eager to please. Gave me the conference rate even for a last minute stay. Will stay here again

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AJJ2120, Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott City Center, responded to this review, 2 March 2014
I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay as our guest here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. It is great to know that our staff was helpful and eager to make your stay great! We cannot wait to see you again! Have a wonderful day!

Marriott Pittsburgh City Center

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Charleroi, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

My family and I stayed here a weekend in Dec to enjoy the city for all it's Christmas festivities. My husband and I stayed in this hotel in 2011 and I must say: what an improvement. The last time we stayed here it did not meet Marriott standards at all. Since then the rooms have been redone and is finally the way a Marriott should be. We had 2 queen beds and the beds were very comfortable the way Marriott bedding always is. The bathroom was normal size but was very clean. The staff was very friendly and went out of your way to accommodate you in any way they could. The subway is located one block away which made it very easy to get through the city. As we were walking to the subway one of the staff members even suggested a few restaurants to try. The hotel does have a shuttle that will take you through town but my kids wanted to ride the subway. The location of the hotel is right next to Consol Energy Center which is great for attending concerts or hockey games.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AJJ2120, Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott City Center, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Thank you for taking time from your day to write about your stay here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. I am so happy to hear that we were able to be a part of your holiday experience! It also makes me very happy to hear that you enjoyed your time as our guest. We hope to see you again very soon! Have a brilliant day!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

The downtown scene is a very nice one, so the hotels really catch your attention & make U wanna stay or come back. My room over looked the city & @ night all lit up was amazing. Had some drinks in the bar downstairs & it was extremely nice.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Darryl C
AJJ2120, Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott City Center, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Thanks for taking time and commenting about your time as our guest here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. I am very happy that you enjoyed your time while staying with us. We hope that the next time you find yourself in Pittsburgh you will be our guest! Have a brilliant day!

Erie
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

Booked the Marriott because we were going to Pittsburgh for a Penguins game. It is right across the street from the Consol Energy Center, it couldn't have been a better location. The rooms are a nice size and equipped with a refrigerator. Bed was very comfortable and heating unit is very quiet. We checked in with ease, parked under the hotel ($20 a night)and headed down to the lounge for a bite and a beer. The place was busy with a great pre-game atmosphere. We had very good burgers, decent variety on the menu, and happy hour beer prices. We walked across to the game and came back to the lounge. It was packed and full of fun. The next day we drove 5 minutes to the strip district for breakfast. It is just a great location.

Room Tip: We had a view of the river, it was great.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AJJ2120, Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott City Center, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Thank you for commenting on your stay with us here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your time as our guest and that our location was perfect for you. We hope to see you again very soon! Have a brilliant day!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

We stayed at this hotel overnight while we were going to the Penguins game on a Friday night. Hotel was very clean and staff were very friendly. It was so convenient to the Arena (right across the street). We had breakfast there in the morning and the food was very good (pricey but good).

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AJJ2120, Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott City Center, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
I appreciate you taking time to comment on your stay as our guest here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and that our location made your plans to go to the game easy and convenient. I hope that when in Pittsburgh again we will have you as our guest! Have a brilliant day!

York, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

We decided at the last minute to get Penguin tickets online for their last game before the Olympic break. Our motivation was because our son & his girlfriend were flying into town for the weekend, and would also be attending the Pens game. We needed a hotel room, and the Marriott was the perfect choice. It's across the street from the Consol Energy Center, and easy access to everything my favorite city and hometown have to offer! The staff at the Marriott are courteous and well trained, the rooms are well appointed, and the only issue I had was the waste of water while waiting a good 10 minutes for it to get hot...we were on one of the upper floors, so perhaps it takes longer because of that, but it seems like a huge waste of water.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking time to comment on your stay here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. It is great to hear that you were able to get to see a game before the break and that our hotel made these last minute plans convenient and comfortable for you. As far as the water issues, we will be looking into why this happened so that we can correct it, thank you for bringing the issue to our attention. I hope that we see you again very soon! Have a wonderful day!

Tire Hill, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

Great hotel within walking distance from the Consol Energy Center where we had tickets to see the Penguins play. Absolutely LOVED this place. In all honesty, every single member of the staff were beyond welcoming and friendly. Any question I had was answered professionally and with the utmost care about my "holiday". The hotel was spotless, the room was beautiful, the beds very comfortable, the view very nice. Within the room, however, I would add two additional towels. Two towels for two people is not enough - and I realize we could've requested more, but we did fine with what we had. I would also ask the hotel to at some point consider adding a hot tub - the spa and exercise area was beautiful, but even indoors without a hot tub, the pool water was too cold to swim. The breakfast buffet was BEYOND excellent and the staff there, as well, were friendly and amazing. One quick shout-out to our waitress at breakfast the first day - I asked if I could get a mimosa with breakfast and she wasn't sure - she had to ask the manager, etc. I told her not to worry, I would be fine without one. When I made my trip to the buffet, I returned to a mimosa on my table - I told her not to worry, and she still made sure to get me one. Kudos to great customer service! Kudos to this hotel, all around!

Room Tip: Pool is on the 11th floor, but there was absolutely NO chlorine smell, so any floor will be fine.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AJJ2120, Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott City Center, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Thank you for commenting on your recent stay here with us at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. It makes me very happy to hear that your stay with us was awesome! I am more than proud to be a part of a team that provides our guests with the best service possible and that this customer service is what makes our their stays great. I appreciate the time that you took to comment in such detail about your trip to Pittsburgh. I hope that you will be back in the area again and that we will have you as our guest. Have a brilliant day!