“Excellent location to watch Penguins” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pittsburgh Marriott City Center

Pittsburgh Marriott City Center
Ranked #12 of 68 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Sistersville, West Virginia
“Excellent location to watch Penguins”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

As we planned a weekend getaway to Pittsburgh, we were looking for a hotel close to the Consol Center since a Penguins game was part of our itinerary. The Marriott City Center couldn't be any closer, so I booked a room. I called ahead and asked if we could have early check-in so that we could change and freshen up before heading to the Consol Center; the clerk couldn't guarantee it, but our room was ready when we checked in at 1:00. I had also asked about storing our bicycles (which we decided to leave home), and a storage room was immediately offered.
The rooms are compact, but clean and provided all necessary amenities. The beds and pillows were comfortable. Our view of the city was outstanding! I always prefer a free breakfast, which is not an option at this property. I also thought the $22 parking fee was a little steep, but I'm guessing that's probably the going rate for a hotel in the middle of the city.
The Fitness Center is the best I have ever used, with a large number of popular treadmills and elliptical machines and windows looking into the pool. Each machine also has its own closed-caption television screen.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank WVTeacher20
AJJ2120, Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott City Center, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Thank you for your detailed review of your time as our guest here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. It is great to hear that we were the perfect hotel for your travels to Pittsburgh! I am happy that the fitness center and the equipment helped you to keep your exercise routine in check! I hope that we will see you again very soon. Have a brilliant day!

Marriott Pittsburgh City Center

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Clarion, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

I've stayed at this hotel several times, but both business and pleasure. Nice hotel, right across the street from the Consol Energy Center. Rooms are clean, pool is nice, good restaurant, nice lounge, ample parking in the garage.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
AJJ2120, Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott City Center, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Thank you for taking time out and reviewing your stays with us here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. It makes me very happy to hear that you have enjoyed your time as our guest. I hope we see you again very soon! Have a wonderful day!

Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

Booked on priceline and had a rate $150 less than surrounding hotels. When I arrived, the clerk was pleasant and offered me room with two beds. I asked if I could get one king sized bed. She said no problem. Room was nice, good view on 19th floor. Bathroom is really small by American standards BUT room was set up for one person. And I don't see the need for big bathrooms in a hotel room. Ordered room service which was reasonably priced. Food was good. Service was excellent. Portions were large. Only took a few minutes to get my car from valet parking. I forgot deodorant. I went to commissary to purchase some for $4.50. Went to front desk to pay, and clerk said that they had complimentary sample size he would give me. To me, that was an excellent gesture. Was hotel glamourous...no. Were elevators crowded and slow at busy times...yes. But overall a good stay. See no reason not to stay here if you are a reasonable person/traveler.

Green Features: minimal amount of towels in room. However, there was enough for one person.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AJJ2120, Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott City Center, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Thank you for taking time and reviewing your stay as our guest here at the Pittsburgh Marriott City Center. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your time as our guest. I really appreciate the information that you provided to our future guests. I hope that when in Pittsburgh you will be our guest again! Have a brilliant day!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

We live in Pittsburgh, but needed to stay downtown for an event at the convention center, and we could not have been more impressed with this hotel's rooms, amenities, and proximity to all things Pittsburgh. First, the location can't be beat. Right next door to Consol Energy Center, a walk to the David L. Lawrence Convention center and Duquesne University, and there is a light rail station only a block away. We were able to see the amazing Strip District, PNC park, the cultural district, and Market Square without any effort at all. Great sites, great views, great museums, and great dining are just outside the door. Come to Pittsburgh--it's a great city and this is the place to stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I am so happy to hear that while in the city you were able to get to a lot of the great spots that make Pittsburgh great! I am also happy to hear that we here at the Pittsburgh Marriott City Center could be a part of your great experience. Hope to see you again soon!

Gosforth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

This is the 3rd time we have visited Pittsburgh from the UK and we stayed here again because it is literally right next door to the Consol Energy Center, home of the Pittsburgh Penguins. The hotel bar is rockin' with fans both before and after the game and lots of out of town Penguins fans stop here overnight. Breakfast is good and the rooms are the usual high standard you expect from a Marriott. Underground car parking is reasonable priced if you self park, the valet is a bit pricey. There is a Starbucks located across the foyer from reception which is a great alternative to the big breakfast option. The hotel is literally 5 minutes walk from everything in downtown Pittsburgh, the Incline railways, Andy Warhol Museum and lots of restaurants.

Room Tip: Ask for a west facing room, they have the better view
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Dave T
Thanks for taking time to comment about your stays here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. I am so happy to hear that you continue to join us as our guest when in the Pittsburgh area. I hope we see you again very soon! Have a great day!

Nokesville, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

We spent a recent weekend at this Marriott in Pittsburgh. Convenient to everything -- beautiful rooms -- great bar and restaurant -- the friendliest people. For a late night snack please try the ice cream sandwiches -- chocolate ice cream between the best slightly salty crispy cookies. You'll want more the next night.

Room Tip: We were next to the elevators but never heard a thing.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AJJ2120, Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott City Center, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Thank you for writing about your time as our guest here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your time spent with us and that you were able to enjoy one of our delicious desserts! Hope to see you again soon! Have a brilliant day!

Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

This place definitely meets your expectations for a standard Marriott. Good concierge lounge, friendly staff, good central location in town (next to where the Penguins play), etc. The city actually broke a water line during my stay and the hotel went out of their way to communicate the issue and estimated time for the issue to be fixed.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
AJJ2120, Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott City Center, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Thank you for taking time and commenting on your stay with us here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. It makes me happy to hear that we were able to live up to the reputation held so high by the Marriott brand. I am also happy to hear that even though there was a water main issue, the staff communicated to our guests and made it as comfortable as possible. I hope that you will be in Pittsburgh again soon and that we will have you as our guest again. Have a wonderful day!