“Home from Home”

Ranked #14 of 70 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Northampton, England, United Kingdom
“Home from Home”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I regularly stay here while in business, and the service and quality never falters. I have stayed at a lot of Marriott hotels around the world, and I am pleased this one maintains the high standards Marriott strives to achieve.

It's ideally located for the Consol centre, which is great if you are attending an event. It might be a little packed, however, during these times if you are wanting a more quiet stay and availability at the bar! Another benefit is the shuttle service, which I have also seen running on a weekend, to help get you places when the Pittsburgh weather take a quick turn!

The staff are very helpful and friendly, the rooms are always immaculate and comfortable. The food variety in the executive lounge is better than most Marriott's. Additionally the hotel food is nicer than most of the others I have stayed at, both room service and bar food.

The gym has the basic selection you would expect of machines, with one multi functional weight machine and a rack of free weights, although space to use them is limited. There is also a pool and very nice changing facilities. If the gym was bigger with a few more facilities e.g. some extra bikes/rowing machine/weight machines then it would be absolutely perfect!

In summary always happy to stay here, and will continue to do so.

Room Tip: The executive lounge is on the 20th floor, so while having a room on this floor is useful, if you ar...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
AJJ2120, Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott City Center, responded to this review, 4 May 2014
Thank you so much for writing about your times as our guest here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. It makes us all so happy to hear that we can make you feel at home when in Pittsburgh. I really appreciate the detailed information you have given for our future guests. We cannot wait to see you again! I hope you have an amazing day!

Marriott Pittsburgh City Center

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Atlanta
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Overall, this is your standard, cookie cutter Marriott. Nothing overly interesting or unique, but as you would expect, the hotel provides a clean room, friendly staff and a good location.

The Good:
-Comfortable Marriott bed that felt newer than others
-Good size room
-Ample plugs for electronic devices
-Good bedside lighting
-Friendly staff

The Bad:
-Very small bathrooms. Uncomfortably so in my opinion, especially given room size
-Hotel hallways can be loud - larger than standard gap under doors lets a lot of light and noise in
-Elevators can be slow during busier times of day

Overall, I enjoyed the stay and have nothing really to complain about. Would prefer larger bathrooms, but wouldn't let that deter you from staying. It is a solid Marriott option in a good location in Pittsburgh.

Room Tip: End of the hallway likely has less noise
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
AJJ2120, Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott City Center, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay here with us at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. I am happy to hear that the time you stayed with us was good but I am sorry that the elevators, bathroom, and hall noise caused your stay to be less than perfect. We will do everything we can to improve these issues for our future guests.
I hope that in the future we will see you as our guest again. I hope you have a wonderful day!

Houston
Reviewed 22 April 2014

This was the second time that I stayed at the hotel and in a word:Convenience. It is nicely located in walking distance from Duquesne University and a short drive from University of Pittsburgh. It is also literally a stones through from the stadium. The garage parking is practical, easy and cheaper than valet service. There is a Starbucks on site for your java fix. The rooms are a good size with nice views, comfy beds and nice amenities, including a robe if you are on the concierge levels. The food is typical hotel style food, but note portions are larger. The bar is equally nice and serves meals during the off hours. For my first visit, my company used their conference services for interviews. There was some confusion on dates and rooms, but in the end they took good care of us, which was the reason why I returned. For all of my Pittsburgh visits, I plan to make this hotel my hub.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
AJJ2120, Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott City Center, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Thank you for taking time from your day and commenting on your stay with us here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. I am so happy to hear that our hotel was a convenient location that allowed you to be productive while in Pittsburgh. I hope that we will see you again in the near future! I hope your day is brilliant!

Wenonah, New Jersey
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Stayed over the weekend to be within walking distance of a game. Property was newly renovated, very clean. Rooms were recently renovated as well, new carpeting, fresh paint, nice furniture, mini fridge, coffee/ tea maker, the only negative was that the bath was very small. We did however encounter one problem that made sleeping through the night very uncomfortable. The thermostat in our room would not get below 75, which would be fine if it were cold, but during our weekend the weather was quite warm. We adjusted the thermostat to 60 degrees and by 10 in the evening it was still very warm in our room. I don't think the hvac units were updated. It was barely blowing cool air. We called down to the front desk and we able to use the room next door, my son however, was very tired and did not want to relocate during the night. The other room was very cool and comfortable. The staff was very accommodating and helpful. We are going to give them another try in June.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
AJJ2120, Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott City Center, responded to this review, 19 April 2014
Thank you for taking time and commenting on your stay here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. I am very sorry to hear about the issue you faced with the temperature in your guest room, we have had our engineers look into this issue. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your time as our guest despite this issue. I look forward to seeing you in June! Have a wonderful day!

Wausau, Wisconsin
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

Great location, easily accessible to dowtown or the Consol Center. Staff in the Concierge are very friendly and helpful. Also found the employees overall to be friendly and considerate(front desk, lounge, and valet)!

• Stayed April 2014
AJJ2120, Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott City Center, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Thank you for writing about your stay here at the Pittsburgh Marriott City Center. I am happy to hear that the staff was a bright point of your time as our guest! I hope we see you again very soon. Have a wonderful day!

Sistersville, West Virginia
Reviewed 14 April 2014

As we planned a weekend getaway to Pittsburgh, we were looking for a hotel close to the Consol Center since a Penguins game was part of our itinerary. The Marriott City Center couldn't be any closer, so I booked a room. I called ahead and asked if we could have early check-in so that we could change and freshen up before heading to the Consol Center; the clerk couldn't guarantee it, but our room was ready when we checked in at 1:00. I had also asked about storing our bicycles (which we decided to leave home), and a storage room was immediately offered.
The rooms are compact, but clean and provided all necessary amenities. The beds and pillows were comfortable. Our view of the city was outstanding! I always prefer a free breakfast, which is not an option at this property. I also thought the $22 parking fee was a little steep, but I'm guessing that's probably the going rate for a hotel in the middle of the city.
The Fitness Center is the best I have ever used, with a large number of popular treadmills and elliptical machines and windows looking into the pool. Each machine also has its own closed-caption television screen.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank WVTeacher20
AJJ2120, Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott City Center, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Thank you for your detailed review of your time as our guest here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. It is great to hear that we were the perfect hotel for your travels to Pittsburgh! I am happy that the fitness center and the equipment helped you to keep your exercise routine in check! I hope that we will see you again very soon. Have a brilliant day!

Clarion, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I've stayed at this hotel several times, but both business and pleasure. Nice hotel, right across the street from the Consol Energy Center. Rooms are clean, pool is nice, good restaurant, nice lounge, ample parking in the garage.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
AJJ2120, Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott City Center, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Thank you for taking time out and reviewing your stays with us here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. It makes me very happy to hear that you have enjoyed your time as our guest. I hope we see you again very soon! Have a wonderful day!