“A good overall visit, nice hotel”

Pittsburgh Marriott City Center
Ranked #17 of 71 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Toronto, Canada
“A good overall visit, nice hotel”
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

We drove into Pittsburgh, looking forward to a weekend of catching up, a girls-only trip with a decent rental car.

The hotel was easy to find, and they quickly treated us well from check in.

We had a room with a lovely view of the hill. Pittsburgh is highly underrated.
They respect the old masons by not tearing down buildings. I can probably spend a fair amount of time here just enjoying the buildings.

The one thing I did notice, was how humid it was.

This witch is melting!

We had a nicely precooled room! Oh joy! Could be a smidgen cooler, but best not to be wasteful with hydro.

Insulated well, while there are some noises from the hall, the room itself was quiet. The shower was sufficient with hot water and pressure. The downside was lack of air ventilation, as the bathroom fogged readily, and felt stifling after a shower. Towels were soft, fluffy in a mid-range cotton.

Carpeting clean and newish. No in-room safe, which would have bumped my score higher.

Quick to respond to phoned requests for bedding and valet queries.

Barely saw staff, but the place was clean and comfortable.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
AJJ2120, Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott City Center, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thanks for taking time to write about your stay with us here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. I am happy to hear that the hotel helped to make your girls weekend go well! I know- Pittsburgh is very humid at times- something I do not think a lot of people know! We hope that you find yourself in Pittsburgh again maybe next time you can spend more time touring the city and taking in the old architecture, it is beautiful. I hope you have a great holiday and a wonderful summer!

Marriott Pittsburgh City Center

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Morgantown, West Virginia, United States
Reviewed 30 June 2014

A very modest price when booked through Priceline's name your own price. Only stayed for one night but it was a very comfortable and clean room and had no complaints whatsoever. Would make a great place to stay for business, it is quiet and conveniently located to downtown Pittsburgh's amenities.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
It makes me happy to hear that the Pittsburgh Marriott City Center provided you a great stay and that the rooms were comfortable and quiet. Maybe you will be able to come back for business soon! Have a great 4th of July and a wonderful day!

Heath, Ohio
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We wanted to stay in downtown Pittsburgh for a Pirates game and a weekend in the city. The location for getting around in the city was excellent. By foot, the "T" was close and when we needed to drive, the major highways were a breeze to get to. The Marriott is a very clean hotel and customer service top notch. - all staff greets /engages conversation with you, but it doesn't seem forced. Very friendly! I took away 1 star because the bathrooms aren't as large as other hotels in this price range. In fact, having 2 people in at the same time is almost impossible. Getting ready was a hassle. But, on the upside, room was very nice, bed comfortable, station area for charging devices, mini fridge, complimentary bottled waters and great lighting. Self parking was $22 a day but that's not unusual for a major city. FYI : late night parking I always say a security guy driving around the garage. That was nice.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
I am happy to hear that you choose the Pittsburgh Marriott City Center while in the city to enjoy a baseball game! You are right- we have a great location that allows easy access to the highways and the T stop. I hope that we will see you again this summer! I hope you have a great 4th of July and a wonderful day!

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I stayed three nights at this hotel while in town for business. All employees I met at this hotel were friendly. My room was very clean and spacious. The bathroom is a little on the small side (1 person only could get ready in there), but well laid out. I especially liked the bath products they supplied. For those who don't want to bring their own hair dryer, they supply a very nice one. It's small, but powerful. The location is very good. It sits a little on the edge of the main city center, but is a very easy walk in to the main part of downtown.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for commenting on your stay with us here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. I am happy to hear that the staff and location were a great fit for you while in town for business! I agree the new bath products are very nice! We hope to see you again very soon! Have an amazing day.

Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Due to some conflicts at another hotel, we needed to get a room at the last minute. Had a great stay, very clean and friendly staff. The bellman was great and super friendly, energetic and engaging!!

I give a 5 for the hotel, room, and staff, but I had to give a 4 because of the multiple heavy doors needed to go to the Starbucks. They were awkward and not easy to maneuver with luggage. Some automatic doors or a handicap button would be perfect.

Overall, great Marriott.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
AJJ2120, Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott City Center, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Thank you for writing about your time as our guest here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. I am glad that your last minute plans brought you to our hotel and that you enjoyed your accommodations and the staff! I appreciate the feedback about the doors and we will look into what we can do to change this. We hope that we will see you again the next time you are Pittsburgh! Have a wonderful day!

Burtonsville, Maryland
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My impression of this hotel is that customer service is imbued through every employee. I was really impressed by the attitude of everyone I came in contact with. All were very pleasant and went out of their way to help. The hotel itself is comfortable and has all the amenities you need. The room was nothing special but well-equipped with charging stations, reading lights, a working alarm clock, plenty of hangers--all the little things that you miss if you don't have. The location is a little awkward for getting to downtown area but it is walkable and there is shuttle service. Plus I was able to get a government rate which is not easy in P'burgh in June

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
AJJ2120, Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott City Center, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Thank you for taking your time and writing to us about your time as our guest here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. It makes me very happy to hear that our staff made your stay with us a five star experience. I hope that the next time you find yourself in Pittsburgh we will be your hotel of choice. I hope you have a wonderful day!

Amy-Jo Johnson
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I always stay at this hotel when attending events at the Consol. It is pricey, but you can't beat the location. It's almost always sold out or super busy when I'm there, but the front desk staff has always been accommodating and pleasant. I've stayed in doubles and kings, and the rooms have fridges for your stuff and are a good enough size. The restaurant is okay, but has odd hours. I suggest a dirty martini and their chicken fingers with honey mustard for a late night snack! I also utilize the free shuttle service to get to area restaurants, and the guys driving have always been quick and kind. Parking is something like $26 a night but it is everywhere, so that doesn't bother me.

Room Tip: I always request a high floor away from elevators (due to noise). Never had a bad room or view.