“GREAT PLACE TO STAY”

Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place
Ranked #18 of 71 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We were in town for just a short stay, but loved the convenience, atmosphere, & helpful staff @ Hilton Garden Inn! We will return to this hotel whenever we are in town. We stayed in one of the suites, and what a fun weekend it turned out to be!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Sean G, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful remarks about your experience here at the Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place. It is always great to hear how much our guests enjoyed their visit to our hotel and the Pittsburgh/Oakland area. I will be sure to share your positive feedback with our entire team.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future and hopefully it is not due to an unexpected medical emergency. Once again thank you very much for sharing feedback regarding your experience.

Best,

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place

Reviewed 9 October 2013

We stayed in room 800 on oct 8, 2013 and the entire evening, night, and morning we were there there was a banging noise. Maybe the pipes or something. Also the beds have a platform that sticks out past the mattresses and my wife and I were constantly banging our legs against them. We will end up with bruises. The distance between the desk and bed that you have to walk around is less than 2 feet. I'm not sure if this meets fire code in Pittsburgh PA or not. I have a need to come to this part of Pittsburgh a few times a year now and I will not be staying here again.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank KeithPom
Chuck H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Thank you for sharing this feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input and will have maintenance look into the issues you had with your room. We hope you will reconsider and stay with us the next time you are in town, so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction.

Chuck Heinlein

Reviewed 4 October 2013

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn University Place while on a recruiting trip to Carnegie Mellon University during the "Spring" (it was snowing).

Valet parking seems to be the norm in the neighborhood. When I left my iPhone in the car, the valet brought it up to my room. They were quick about fetching my car when I needed it.

Room was clean with a comfortable bed.

Lots of restaurants and bars within blocks along Forbes Street. There is a nice bar area for meeting people in the hotel. I recommend visiting the Carnegie Museum if you have time and a yen for dinosaurs, minerals and/or Art. I drove to the Carnegie Museum, and by the time I found parking, I wished I had walked.

Easy walk to Penn. You'll want to drive to CMU if it is snowing.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place. Our entire hotel team devotes each day to our guests, and hearing that one of our guests had an experience like yours, were several team members were able to make a personal impact on your time at our hotel makes our work worthwhile. My hope is we will have the opportunity to have you join us again in the near future.

Yours truly in hospitality,

Sean G.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

All the staff is very welcoming and friendly. Very knowledgeable about the area and provided excellent service while I was visiting my youngest in her first year of college. I've never been one to write reviews but this staff was great and they deserve the praise. Very comfy beds too!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Dear Doug W;

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place on your recent trip to the area. After reading your comments, I am pleased to see that our team was able to provide exceptional service throughout your stay. Our entire team believes in going above and beyond in order to ensure all of our guests have a comfortable and memorable experience once they enter the hotel. I see that you visited the area due to a planned visit to the University of Pittsburgh; we hope you enjoyed your visit and we wish your child well in their years as a PITT panther.

Thank you for your time as well as feedback on your experience. We hope to see you again in the near future!

Yours in Hospitality,

Reviewed 1 October 2013

The rooms were a little dated and could have been cleaner. The fan in the bathroom did not work so the bathroom was full of steam for a while after a shower. I was just ok. Nothing to really rave about.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Debra54:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you experienced issues during your stay. I will be sure to share your comments with our entire team and as we continually work to improve our guest experience.

Once again, thank you very much for your feedback and I assure you that corrective actions will be implemented where necessary, We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Best,

Reviewed 26 September 2013

Would not recommend. Everytime someone used the water on the 8th floor, there was a large clamoring noise with the pipes, and I was awoken multiple times throughout the night. I proceeded to ask the woman at the desk for a refund and was not granted such.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
1  Thank Joseph N

Thank you for your review. We are so sorry for both the noise and the poor level of service you experienced during your time here. If you would please contact us at your earliest convenience, we will be more than happy to further discuss your stay. Again, I apologize and we look forward to speaking with you. My email is chuck.heinlein@hilton.com or you can call at 412-683-2040.

Chuck Heinlein

Reviewed 15 September 2013

Had a very pleasant stay while attending a U of Pitt Student orientation in July. Very easy walk to the campus and staff was very helpful & friendly. Nicely appointed newer hotel which was very clean & comfortable. Valet staff let me keep my car in their garage long after checkout and even assisted me in retrieving things from my car.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

We look forward to hopefully seeing you again in the future. Once again thank you very much for sharing feedback regarding your experience.

Hospitably Yours,