Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place
Ranked #19 of 72 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We had a very good stay at this Hilton Inn, during our College Visit to Carniege_Mellon University. Bit pricey, but close to Pittsburgh Downtown. Excellent Staff, Excellent Location and Excellent Breakfast Service.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Bill T, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014

Dear Venkataramana

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you found our location and staff to your liking. We look forward to welcoming you back after your son is accepted into Carnegie Mellon, and hope to serve you in the years to come!

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Have stayed here a number of times as my daughter goes to Pitt. I will be there this Friday to bring her home for the summer. The location is excellent if you are dealing with almost anything in Oakland such as Pitt or the Hospitals. Plenty of stores and restaurants in the immediate vicinity. The onsite restaurant is pretty good. The staff is friendly and the rooms, while nothing special are clean and decent. I agree with some previous posters the lobby is weird and not convenient for walking in or cab arrival but it's a minor point

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Bill T, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience while staying with us. We will be sure to share your positive experiences with you and your daughter to the staff. I will be working with our front desk team in order to fine tune the welcome experience for our guests whenever they enter our hotel. We look forward to you staying with us again whenever you come back with your daughter to PITT.

Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

Family gathering point for family with two college students . Every person we encountered during our two night stay was very courteous and respectful. Our room was spacious and the bathroom was very clean. Like all cities, parking is an added expense, even valet service was professional. A great spot on the Pitt campus; just a few minutes from downtown. Great weekend!

• Stayed: April 2014

Thank you for taking time and spending the weekend with us. We appreciate your comments about our staff and valet service, and will be sure to pass that along your praise to them. We hope that you will stay with us again when the Fall semester begins and see your students graduate soon from PITT!

Reviewed 22 April 2014

This was probably the nicest visit that we've had in years. Front Desk, Managers, Valets, Breakfast Staff, Dinner Staff, Housekeeping, even the few Building Maintenance Employees that we passed in the hallways were all professional and helpful. EVERY SINGLE staff member that we had ANY interaction with was pleasant. I was genuinely impressed.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Bill T, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear Joe,

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay with us. We are happy that you had an 5 star stay with us, and especially enjoyed our staff here at the hotel. We feel that it is the people that makes a stay with us truly extremely satisfying. If you have any plans on coming back to the Pittsburgh area, we hope you will stop on by again!

Reviewed 16 April 2014

The entrance to the hotel is on a side street and you have to stop right in the road to check in. Right next to the revolving door is the valet parking entrance. Across from it is a gas station. As you enter, you come to a split-level foyer and you have to walk up a flight of stairs to the reception desk. It's unusual but a good use of space. The staff are friendly and the rooms are clean though on the smaller side. The bathrooms are nice. As with the entrance, nothing stands out and beckons, yet you can have a decent stay here.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank rexpig
Bill T, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Thank you for taking time to reviewing our hotel. We would like to thank you for your kind words about our staff here at the hotel. We feel that it is the people is what makes a stay with us great. Our goal is for everyone's stay to be more than just decent, and if there was anything that you can think of that would have made your stay with us more memorable, please let me know. If you have any future plans on coming back to the Pittsburgh area, we hope that you will come visit us again soon.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Stayed at this hotel while visiting University of Pittsburgh. Location is in the middle of every place we were interested in. The room lacked sparkle, restaurant was boring and the front desk service is poor, especially for those arriving by taxi. The staff are there to put in a shift, not necessarily to make their guests feel at home.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your review of our hotel.

I would like to apologize for the experience you had while staying with us. I have passed along your comments to our staff in the hopes of correcting the restaurant & service issues. Our goal for everyone is to have an extremely satisfying experience, and with your recent stay, we have fallen short of our promise. If you ever have plans on coming back to the University of Pittsburgh, please let me know so I can do whatever I can to show you the sparkle that our hotel offers.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

I had an overnight stayed at this hotel with my spouse in early April. The room we were given was okay; nothing to be wowed over. I think the room they gave us was really intended for one person, as we found ourselves bumping into each other at the entrance and at the space between the bed and the dresser/TV stand in front of it as it was narrow. Also, in the bathroom, (and I found this to be VERY odd) the distance from the toilet to the paper-roll was at a stretch under the sink away from it. I would suggest they move it to some point closer on the wall. These are my only contentions about the experience there.

What made our stay enjoyable was the courtesy of the staff members, the fresh cucumber/strawberry water and granola bars they offered complimentary along with teas and coffee (Very welcoming after six hours of driving! lol!). I am especially grateful for the service of the front desk staff members (and please forgive for not remembering all of your names) as I had shipped a special package to the hotel for me to receive there and upon my arrival they all were knowledgeable of this delivery and were prompt with providing the item to me. Thank you ladies and gentlemen! If we had any questions or concerns they were eager to help us out. Thank you once again!

The location was great for where we needed to go during our stay. Very short drive by car to the universities, restaurants, and shops.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Bill T, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Thank you for your review about our hotel. I am sorry to hear about the difficulty it was to move around in one of our rooms If you would let me know what room you stayed in, I will see If we can move the dispenser to a better place. I do would like to thank you for your kind words about everything else about our hotel; I will definitely pass your comments along to the staff.
I would love to have another opportunity to make your night’s rest with us a perfect ten. If you ever would like to stay with us, let me know and I will try to accommodate you as best as I possibly can.

Thank you again for your comments both positive & negative, they will be used as a teaching tool to better our hotel

bill.theiss@Hilton.com