Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$286
US$245
  • Restaurant
SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh North Shore(Pittsburgh)(Great Value!)
US$261
US$123
US$237
US$208
  • Pool
Omni William Penn Hotel(Pittsburgh)(Great Value!)
US$282
US$158
  • Room Service
US$300
US$181
US$187
US$164
Hyatt Place Pittsburgh-North Shore(Pittsburgh)(Great Value!)
US$185
US$162
Hyatt.com
1,121 results
All reviewsvalet parkingfront deskforbes avenuecarnegie mellonvisiting pittshuttle serviceoakland areamedical centerconvenient locationrestaurant staffwalking distancewithin milesvalet staffthe entire stafffree shuttlechecking outper day
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We stayed in the Hilton Garden Inn during a recent visit to Pittsburgh. Our family enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The customer service was excellent and made us feel welcome after a long hot drive to Pittsburgh. Some of the reviewers have complained about the valet parking, but is important to remember that this a city and the area is very congested, so the options for free parking are very limited. The staff at the hotel make the valet parking easy to access and use during your stay. I travel in the northeast, and the parking rate at the hotel is reasonable- think of what it would cost you in Boston or New York. We had dinner and breakfast at the hotel and the food was good. It was an enjoyable stay and would stay here again if I were visiting the Oakland area of Pittsburgh.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Bill T, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience with others about your recent stay at our hotel. We are thrilled that you thought so highly of us, and will be sure to pass along your positive comments to the rest of the staff. As you mentioned, we do have Valet Parking at our hotel, in order to provide that little extra service for our guests who drive in and do not want the hassle of finding parking here in the Oakland neighborhood. For only $18, we offer unlimited in/out privileges, and you are also able to leave your car with us until 6pm the day of checkout, in case you want to leave your car while you go to work, attend a conference, or enjoy all Pittsburgh has to offer; which is by far the best deal in the neighborhood! We wish that your travels brings you back to the area, so you can enjoy more of what our hotel and city has to offer!

Reviewed 28 July 2014

At first, I thought this hotel would be a great value, but the advertised price does not include the taxes and fees, nor even a continental breakfast, and there's an extra $17 fee for mandatory valet parking. While the parking was convenient, there was no other option, making the hotel price misleading.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
1  Thank Michael H

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Guest Survey in reference to your recent visit. I would like to apologize for failing to make your stay with us extremely satisfying. The reason for our garage being valet only is due to being an urban property with very limited parking availability, our insurance requires valet staff for safety purposes. As for breakfast, unlike other hotels which offer pre-packaged, frozen breakfast items complimentary, we offer a restaurant which serves fresh cooked-to-order entrees and menu items for a nominal fee, which is required by our brand. For guests utilizing the optional amenities such as parking & breakfast, we do offer both a Bed & Breakfast package, and a Park Eat n Go package which includes it parking & breakfast for our guests. We hope that whenever your travels brings you back to the Pittsburgh area, that you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

My stay was nice. The staff was very helpful, professional, and pleasant. My room was clean, updated and complete with sufficient amenities. The only negative of my experience was that the room was advertised at $159 on the Hilton website, but when I actually booked it, the price was over $200. Also, Hilton has the 100% Guarantee program advertised everywhere at the Hotel, but the only thing I requested, late checkout, was denied. So I think the Hilton experience is a good value, and Hilton doesn't need to promise lower rates or that they will satisfy your every need, if in fact both are untrue.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience from your recent stay at our hotel. We are thrilled that you thought so highly of us. I apologize for the experience that you had regarding our website. Unfortunately, we have little control over the website, as it is maintained by Hilton Corporate instead of the individual hotels. As for the late checkout, we always try to accommodate special requests, such as room location or late checkout, unfortunately there are times that we cannot accommodate these special requests due to high occupancy, or special events going on in the Pittsburgh area. If we cannot accommodate late checkouts, we are more than happy to provide alternative solutions, such as keeping your car parked until as late as 6pm, or storing your luggage until you leave the hotel/city.
We look forward to welcoming you whenever your plans have you coming back to Pittsburgh.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

I'll start off by saying my room was CLEAN. This alone makes for a great stay! The room was spotless when I arrived and cleaned so nicely each day. Great housekeeping staff here.

I always appreciate the coffee, tea, water and cookies that HGI hotels offer in the lobby- the refreshments here were no exception.

My bed was not particularly comfortable (it's one mattress on a solid wood base), but the real sleeping hazard was the AC unit. My room (9th floor) had a large, old, window unit. The unit was very loud when shutting on/off and this was noticeable during the night.

I enjoyed the hotel's fitness center which was never crowded and is more than adequate. They have several treadmills, ellipticals, bikes, free weights and my personal favorite, thick yoga mats!

I would definitely stay here again when in Pittsburgh. Convenient access to highways, restaurants and offices.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you Marie for taking the time to share your experience with others on TripAdvisor about your experience while staying at our hotel. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us, and will be sure to pass along your praise of our Housekeeping staff to confirm the Excellent job that they do on a daily basis. I would like to apologize about the experience that you had with our Garden Sleep System bedding. We have found that some people love the idea of the, while others are not truly comfortable. If you have plans on coming back to Pittsburgh, we hope that you will stay again at our convenient location on the edge of PITT's campus, & right off of I-376!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Very nice customer service when booking the hotel. Parking was a bit confusing, as you cannot park at the hotel yourself. You can valet for $18/day or try and find parking on the street/a block away at another parking garage. The front desk staff were fine. The beds are strange, way too firm and the pillows are really sub-par as well. Pretty uncomfortable and slept poorly both nights. The rooms themselves are very spacious with an empty fridge/cabinet space and microwave, which was convenient. Breakfast at the hotel was great the next day and though we didn't use the shuttle, apparently it gets you where you need to be within a 3-mile radius from the hotel. I don't think I'd stay here again unless I had to, but it was fine since we needed to be in the Oakland area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay. We would like to thank you for your positive comments about how Excellent our staff, & rooms. With the Garden Sleep System beds, it is possible to adjust the firmness of your beds without use of motors, we have found that some people love the idea of them, and some are never able to be truly comfortable; I am sorry to hear that you were one of the latter. We hope that if your travels brings you back to the area, that you will stay with us again.