“Great rates but average stay ”

Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - Airport
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

This place was ok, nothing to right home about but at the same time had a great rate through a bid website. I stayed here one night (on my own dime) and thought the suite was spacious. There was a flat screen, wifi, and hot water so I was fine. I wouldn't however stay here if my company paid however, as the linens were not clean and there was an overall feeling that a refurbishment was needed. I do however applaud this place for good rates and the ability to sty somewhere long term cheaper than its competitors. Only a five minute drive to airport and plenty of restaurants and shopping nearby.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Anthony – Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I’m so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our spacious suites with fully equipped kitchens and convenient location at a great value. Still, I’m disappointed to learn that our level of cleanliness did not meet your expectations. I will meet with the staff to review our cleaning procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated.

If you would like to provide any additional comments, please feel free to contact me directly at, pit@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better stay in the future!

Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

I guess it all depends on what you are used to. It was ok. It is not modern and frankly not that clean. If I were staying more than the single night, I would have cleaned it top to bottom. There was a millipede in the bathroom that freaked me out. The bed was comfortable

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize for the level of cleanliness in your room. Please know, I am working with our housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures to ensure that your experience is not repeated. Please contact me directly at, pit@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience in the future.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

We stayed here for 3 1/2 months while our new house was being built (Sep-Dec 2103). Overall, we were very happy with these accommodations.

We had our two cats with us, and it was a relief to find a hotel that was pet-friendly. Not only did they welcome pets, but the housekeeping staff was kind to the kitties, and very conscious of making sure they shut the door, etc. on trips in and out of the room during cleaning.

My husband worked from "home" for much of the time we were there, and paid about $20 each month for the upgraded internet access, which greatly improved the speed.

The kitchenette was serviceable for cooking simple things, and nearby restaurant options are varied and easily accessible. We had a problem with the dishwasher, but maintenance was very prompt in coming to fix it. There is almost always coffee available in the lobby, and a continental breakfast (muffins, oatmeal, fresh fruit, coffee and tea) every morning.

We had a deluxe room with two queen beds and a couch. One mattress was replaced when we checked in, and I know other mattresses were being updated while we stayed there. We brought our own sheets and comforter since we knew we were going to be there for a long time.

The entire hotel was in the process of being renovated - hallway walls were painted, the lobby renovated - and I believe rooms were being done as well, as vacancies permitted.

There is a bus stop right in front of the hotel that takes you through the rest of the Robinson shops and into Downtown. It is a short and easy drive to the airport, and there are other transportation options for that, too.

The daytime staff - Debbie, William, and Keith - were friendly and helpful any time we had questions.

Considering our needs for a long-term place to stay, the price (we were able to get a long-term rate since we were there so long), location, and service, we were very happy with our stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed our friendly staff and spacious suites with fully equipped kitchens at a great value. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. If you would like share additional feedback, please feel free to contact me directly at, pit@extendedstay.com. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Hi, I didn't know this but by accident. They are a extended stay delux. We stayed in a room with two queen beds and a pull out couch with lots of room. Great place we stayed there for two weeks. Close to all of shopping and 6$ taxi ride to airport restaurants across the street and everywhere. They literally just changed all the mattresses here last week. Staff really friendly

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Drew – I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We appreciate your kind remarks about our hotel and our location. As well, it’s great to hear that you found our staff to be friendly during your stay. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

I stayed here 12 nights and overall was good for my business needs . Internet perhaps the fastest of any ESA hotels that I have experienced, I didn't pay for additional speed. Everything else was OK (may well be the best ESA room I've stayed in) and made for a good business trip and a pleasant stay. Friendly helpful staff. Lots of restaurants and other facilities in the area. 10 minutes from PIT. And 20 minutes from downtown.

The room had with microwave, coffeepot, full size refrigerator, stove and (very) basic utensils, pans toaster etc so you can cook your meals if you so desire. This is a suite hotel which means you get more amenities for less$, but you do not get daily room service, you get room service once a week (if you want clean sheets, towels etc they will gladly give to you at the front desk). Because it has a mini kitchenette they do not serve breakfast, but offered coffee and oatmeal bars & muffins to go.. The hotel seamed clean and well appointed, (they are remodeling so the reception area still needs updating paint footprints on the floor). There is a laundry room. Comfortable beds (if you like extra firm), This is an older property I say it is 2 stars at most. But if price matters it could be your spot. I would stay here again if I'm in this area. If you get a good price it could be a good deal.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I’m glad that we were able to provide you with a clean, comfortable stay at an affordable rate. It’s great to hear that you enjoyed our free Wi-Fi, your fully equipped kitchen and our friendly, helpful staff. I look forward to sharing your kind remarks with our team. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

I recently transferred to the Pittsburgh area for work and stayed at the Extended Stay America - Airport for 5 weeks before my place was ready. I do not have any major qualms against this establishment. Everything was simply adequate, verging on poor. Certainly nothing to raise the standard. After dwelling somewhat on the subject of my stay for a few months, I cannot help but keep coming back to the constant negatives.

Overall, the staff (when they were available) did their job and were generically pleasant. Nothing above and beyond. The room was your basic, bare essentials. Nothing special, but suited my needs. Kitchen area was cramped, but useful. Internet connection was manageable, but only if you paid the extra amount (which for work, I had to). The Fitness Center was incorrectly named. Three pieces of standard equipment in a small room. The laundry facilities were usually dirty and at least one machine was broken the entire five weeks. Frankly, one of the worst parts was that residents could dump their excess garbage into the cans located in the stairwells. Not only were they constantly overflowing an a fire hazard, but the smell wafted down the halls. Again... everything needed was there, but nothing especially eye-catching or beyond the typical fare.

During my stay, the hotel was under construction. I can understand the issues that come with construction projects and can deal with them accordingly. There seemed to be no rush with the construction nor the typical "our apologies for the inconvenience". The parking lot was also re-painted during this time, which was great, but residents had literally no warning. I was waken up to a phone call (twice) to move my vehicle. A mild irritation that would have been soothed by appropriate warning.

Again... everything that happened was something I could deal with easily. I'm not one to take issue with minor problems. What stuck with me was after leaving the hotel.

I received a survey via e-mail which I took and answered much the same as this review. The manager at the time, Keith, responded to my concerns and offered a small refund or certificate to stay again. I responded promptly in kind with a more detailed assessment with my concerns. After waiting a week for a reply back, I sent a note back reminded him to respond and his offer. I felt as it I was met with a barrage of excuses rather than a reasonable response.

Everything about my stay screamed mediocrity. I could not in good conscious recommend staying at this establishment for any length of time.

Room Tip: There is a Candlewood Suites right across the road.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Scott - Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations. Please know, since your stay, I have hired additional staff to assist with housekeeping duties, specifically in our common areas. As well, during your stay we were making some upgrades to the hotel; I am sorry if they affected you. Moving forward, we are going to do a better job of communicating with our guests so that they are not disturbed as much moving forward.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please contact me directly, at pit@extendedstay.com, to speak about the refund or with any additional comments or questions. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

I just spent 3 months here at this place and i will have to say the staff is very helpful.. also the rooms are clean.. I will tell anyone who needs a place to stay for a extended period to come here..

Room Tip: they furnish everything to cook with and to eat. just bring the food.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. I am thrilled to read that you found our staff to be so helpful during your three month stay and that you enjoyed your clean room. As well, I am glad that you liked the fully equipped kitchen which comes standard in all of our guest rooms.

Thank you again for your comments. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.