“Convenient and friendly”

Shadyside Inn All Suites Hotel
Ranked #22 of 74 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I stayed her for approximately 3 months while in Pittsburgh on a extended fellowship. It was a very convenient place to stay and offered all the amenities I needed included free laundry. It is ideally located along major bus routes and very close to Walnut Street a very active and lovely quaint strip with shops, restaurants and stores.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 4 October 2013

I was on a business trip for just one night, but gladly would have stayed longer. The staff is the friendliest and most accommodating I've ever experienced, surpassing some high-end resorts I've had the pleasure of staying in. I'm talking about ALL the staff - reception, accounting, maintenance, custodial, grounds keeping and shuttle driver. The owners & managers though of every little thing - a generous "breakfast bag", water, coffee, cookies and fruit; free parking; shuttle service; comfy and plentiful bedding, pillows and towels; bathroom and kitchen supplies; smart decor - I could go on and on. They definitely could teach other hotels a lot about customer service. It's walking distance from a great neighborhood of interesting shops and restaurants. My only complaint is something they can't do much about..... noise between the suites, especially from the bathroom on the floor above, and from the busy street and parking lot well after midnight (on a workday for me). For that reason, I'm glad I had my ear plugs with me! I would definitely stay at Shadyside Suites again.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor to avoid noise from room above, but expect to walk up several flights of stairs. T...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Debra F
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I just stayed only one night at Shadyside Suites and would return “in a heartbeat.” The suite is actually an apartment. In fact, I think Shadyside Suites was once an apartment building that’s been converted into hotel suites. The decor had an urban, trendy -- yet comfortable -- feel to it because it resembles a home, not the usual sterile, cookie-cut, predicable layout of an ordinary hotel. The staff directed us to “just the right” restaurant within a block from the hotel where there’s a really interesting area with lots of shops.

The accommodating, friendly staff; the size of the room and its homey ambience won me over! On the other hand, the bathroom was small and the fan noisy. Overall, I strongly recommend Shadyside Suites and would return without hesitation on my next visit to Pittsburgh.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 October 2013

The Shadyside Inn Suites are perfect for a family visiting colleges in the Pittsburgh area. There was ample free parking, friendly staff, and a very comfortable room. The hotel is conveniently located to Carnegie Mellon University as well as some excellent restaurants. It was a very pleasant experience.

Room Tip: I do not think there is a bad room - they are all suites and have all the amenities.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We stayed at the Shadyside Inn for my bachelorette party. There were several planned events that we needed transportation to and from. Collin Wright, the shuttle driver for the inn was so nice, prompt, and accommodating.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 21 September 2013

we had a great stay at shadyside inn for the weekend. Collin wright was very helpful and professional shuttle driver! the location was perfect for our plans to go out and about the town. rooms were clean and felt right at home.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I went with a few friends to Pittsburgh for the weekend and we decided on shady side inn and suites for the location and convenience factor. The staff was so friendly, they even gave my friends cold water bottles after they drank too much on walnut street on Friday night. But the most outstanding staff member was Collin Wright- the shuttle driver. He was so helpful with recommendations for going out and fun things to do in the city. He was on time and extremely entertaining. We LOVED him!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends