“Night in Shadyside-With our DDog”

Shadyside Inn All Suites Hotel
Ranked #21 of 71 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Boca Raton, Florida
“Night in Shadyside-With our DDog”
Reviewed 2 September 2014

We were traveling south and were curious about the Shadyside area of Pittsburgh. The hotel was awesome. Clean, friendly and great for our dog. We arrived and were given some snacks for us and for our canine and were also given lots of advice about the area and restaurants.
It is a bit noisy since it is an urban area but we did not mind and were not surprised. We did have plenty of places to take the dog.
We were asked to provide feedback on our way out and did so.
Our only negative comment is the bathroom is very small and the toilets are very low. This could be difficult for some travelers.
We loved the place and would stay again.

Room Tip: Get a large room and ask for one a way from the busiest streets if the noise bothers you.
1 Thank donavandog
ShadysideInnSuites, Manager at Shadyside Inn All Suites Hotel, responded to this review, 20 September 2014
Hi donavandog,

Thank you to you and your dog for staying with us at the Shadyside Inn! We love when guests bring their canine companions to stay with us! We are constantly doing renovations here at the Shadyside Inn and greatly value your feedback.

We hope to see you again soon!

Bridget V.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Pasadena, California
Reviewed 2 September 2014

This all suite hotel in Pittsburgh is a delight. A collection of apartment buildings that have become hotel suites throughout the neighborhood (we were in the Negley building). I stayed with my daughter while visiting friends for 3 nights. The room was comfortable and spacious (and we'd been upgraded when we checked in!). Although the bathroom and kitchen were only cosmetically remodeled, they were generally clean and charming, and functioned well for us. The coffee maker was missing, and I had to bring it to their attention twice before one was provided, but other than that the service was great. The shuttle drivers and front desk were helpful and friendly. Great location, too.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
ShadysideInnSuites, Manager at Shadyside Inn All Suites Hotel, responded to this review, 19 September 2014
Hi francilg,

Thank you for taking the time and writing a review about us. We are glad to hear that you and your daughter enjoyed having the extra space in our suites. We love when we are able to upgrade our guests to something a little larger as a surprise!

I am sorry to hear that your coffee maker was missing from the suite. Thank you for reaching out to us and letting us know it wasn't there. There is a brand new coffee maker in that suite for you or any future guests who stay in that suite.

We look forward to seeing you in the future!

Dhahran
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Although I was looking for a small room when I had to visit Pittsburgh and CMU for a few days, I decided to stay at Shadyside Inn Suites. I found it to be a home away from how with its kitchen and living area. I felt very comfortable and that came in very handy when it was -20 C outside last January.

I'd recommend this to anybody who needs to visit Pittsburgh (and particularly the Carnegie Mellon University Area) and especially if traveling with a small family.

Room Tip: It may be better to find a room nearest to the reception/front desk since these suites are spread ov...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Hi Mjjoood,

Thank you for taking the time and writing a review for us. We are happy to hear you found our suites warm and cozy during the the cold January winter. Our full service suites are a nice treat for anyone staying for a couple days or even just for one night. Our location close to the universities is a great plus for parents and students alike.

We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Columbia, SC
Reviewed 1 September 2014

We stayed at the Shadyside Suites for the 4th time this Labor Day weekend and were just as pleased this visit as the last 3. We had two rooms with people arriving on different days but they were able to get us two rooms neat each other. The rooms were immaculate and the beds and linens were top quality. Housekeeping did a great job and the day we didn't need housekeeping they called us to confirm that this was the case. The location is great near CMU (the reason for our visit) and we love the shopping district at Shadyside, especially Girasole. It's really nice having a small kitchenette to make breakfasts and lunches in when we need to. The The Giant Eagle Market Square is very nearby And after all these trips we can finally get through it without getting lost.
Our only suggestions would be that they add some non-stick cookware and one of our rooms was without a spatula or a cutting board. We also take advantage of their frequent stay program...every little bit helps.

Hi SoccerDad_11,

Thank for you the wonderful review! We are glad that we were able to get you and the other guests in your party suites that were next to each other, even with the different check in dates.

We are glad that the effort made by our housekeeping staff didn't go unnoticed. They work hard to keep the suites and common areas clean for our guests.

Our location close to Walnut street, Giant Eagle and the University's is a great feature for our visiting out of town guests! We're glad that after 4 stays with us you are getting to know this great neighborhood!

I am sorry to see that your suite did not have a cutting board or a spatula; we try our hardest to make sure all of those items are in the suites for our guests. In the future, if you should find a cooking item missing from your suite please feel free to let the front desk know and they would be happy to get the items!

We look forward to your next stay with us!

DuBois, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 31 August 2014 via mobile

Sadly, I can say that we will never stay here again. Several reasons, the first being the noise. I know it's a city environment, but surely something could be done as far as some soundproofing the structures. The second reason that I will NEVER stay there again, is the last time we stayed there, tension was hugely high as I was having issues with my heart. Somehow, I left my wedding set there, when I called , of course no one had turned them in. So much for honest people. I agree, I should have paid more attention, but I will not give my hard earned money to people that would steal from me. They had numerous ways to get ahold of me, and yet, I never heard from them.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Erin C
Hi Erin C,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. We are truly sorry that you had items left behind that were not found. When any guest reports that something was left behind, we immediately check the suite. Any lost items are subsequently brought to the front desk in order to contact guests.

If you would like to discuss this further please feel free to give the hotel a call and ask for Bridget.

Again, we are very sorry about your lost wedding set.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 August 2014

This is the most amazing hotel I've every stayed at! And I've been traveling all my life (over 35 countries and counting)
I stayed here first for 2 days on a business trip. Then came back and stayed here for 3 months as I relocated here. Both thems they were SUPER AMAZINGLY ACCOMODATING! They help me store my luggage for 2 weeks between my first stay and 2nd stay. When I checked in the 2nd time, they had already put my luggage in my new room!
They are super responsive and tries their best to make anyone's stay a happy one. I needed some more pots and pants as I cook a lot, they immidiately bought new ones and delivered it the same day. Their cleaning crew are super nice and always did a very thoural job. Love the free apples, cookies and coffee at the front desk. They even had treats for my puppy. Their hospitality manager is the best employee, who took care of any question and need you might ever have.
I really liked their RFID key card. Sounds minor, but if you come in with 4 luggages, or 10 bags of grocery, you'll know what I'm talking about.
Last but not least, love there location the hotel! In the heart of shadyside, which is the most happening place in town.
Just can't say enough good things about this hotel. Really was my home away from home.
Don't stay at chain hotels, this is the place to be, where the locals will take good care of you!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Hi SophyChica!

Welcome to Pittsburgh, we are so happy you are loving the city and have found your home away from home while staying with us over the last several months.

We always want to make sure our guests are happy and taken care of! Our housekeeping staff works hard to keep all of our suites and common areas clean for our guests. Our front office will always have treats for everyone! Who doesn't love a a nice apple or a cookie!

We are very lucky to have such great employees; we are so glad our hospitality manager was able to help you with all your questions.

We are glad you enjoyed our proximity to Walnut street as much as we do! Having over 100+ shops in walking distance from our suites is a great feature for our guests!

Thank you for staying with us!

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 27 August 2014

The Shadyside Inn is made up of several buildings in the Shadyside neighborhood, all of which are very close to the Walnut Street shopping area. Our building was on S. Negley Avenue. The buildings are very well maintained, and the apartment/room was great. There were three of us, so we got a rollaway, which was in the room as we'd requested. There was a full kitchen, dining area, living area and bedroom, all well-appointed. The bathroom was on the small side, so if you're looking for a cavernous hotel-style bathroom, you won't find that here. But it was clean and functional; it was basically what you'd expect for a bathroom in an apartment, which is what this used to be (or so I'm guessing). The staff was great - very professional and quick with checkin, and we received a welcome bag and an offer of cookies. They also have half-price tickets to certain museums in the city, so we were able to go to the Carnegie museums and the Warhol museum for much less than the door price - a great benefit! There's also free parking for one vehicle with the room. There is plenty within walking distance, but downtown areas are a short drive away. All in all, I don't know why I'd stay elsewhere on my next visit to Pittsburgh. The price is great, too.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
ShadysideInnSuites, Manager at Shadyside Inn All Suites Hotel, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Hi Curtis3202, we're glad to hear that you not only got to enjoy the whole of your suite and the check-in goodie bag, but also ventured out to the Carnegie Museums! Partnering with them to offer half-price tickets to the Andy Warhol Museum, the Carnegie Science Center, and the Carnegie Museums of Art and Natural History has proven to be one of the most fun additions to our guest experience in years! (Of course, it doesn't hurt that our staff takes advantage of them too.) We'll look forward to your next visit to Pittsburgh!