“To be expected, however.....”

Hilltop Inn PIttsburgh
Ranked #67 of 71 Hotels in Pittsburgh
“To be expected, however.....”
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I came in for a preseason Buffalo Bills versus Steelers game. Check in was smooth and employee was pleasant on Saturday afternion. We Asked for extra pillows and towels, and we were given them with no problems. Rooms were clean, no odors and nothing was too out of date. Rooms were spacious and comfortable with the ability to adjust the temperature to our liking.( We like it cold). We had a microwave, fridge, coffee maker, blow dryer and alarm clock. Perfect. The next morning, however, was an entirely different matter. I am an early riser and need to take my medication with food. I headed to the main lobby to grab a cup of coffee and something small to eat. When I attempted to take a slice of toast and my Styrofoam cup of coffee back to my room, the woman employee working the desk told me that I was not allowed to. That I had to eat and drink it there. She said, "this is not carry out!". They only offer for breakfast, wheat bread and white bread for toast. 2 cereals, raisin bran and cornflakes, and bananas. But you must eat it all in the lobby. Don't think about taking it to your room. of course, I did, I walked directly out with my slice of toast and my coffee and went to my room and ate it. Will never stay there again.

• Stayed August 2014
4 Thank Jennifer T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Brandon, Florida
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Clean beds. Floors in our room were stained.Bathroom was clean. Had a big dent on the tub though. Looked like someone was angry and kicked it. Plenty of towels for 2 people. Out dated TV. Actually "snowed" which is crazy for this decade. Quick check in and out. Overall. Good overnight stay.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Keri O
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I have stayed here on 3 occasions in rooms 238 and 239, the room are nice, the wi-fi is very good and the staff are great and they loved my kids! I highly recommend this hotel! Also very quiet which is great for me since i must get up very early!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank willie39rb
Morrisville, North Carolina
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I stayed here for one night on my way to Niagara to explore Pittsburgh and the experience was average. Room was clean and all electronic equipment's were in good order. They provide free parking and breakfast(you are not allowed to take in room) which is good deal at such price. Pittsburgh downtown is just 4 miles from this place.
I would recommend this hotel only for short stay to save some $$.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Rushikesh T
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Stayed here recently strange people hanging about seems like people are living there sadly but anyway the room I had was disgusting the smell was bad the bathroom smelled of strong urine there was a hole that looked like it was kicked in under the tub a bare hole they do not clean these hotels after they just cut corners every time I went into the bathroom I got sick due to the smell the area doesn't seem safe overall I think it's insane they charge this much for a disgusting smelly room a fair price for a piss smelly room would be $25 plus tax nothing more I will avoid in the future.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank 292michelle
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Hotel room was clean, but carpet was bumpy. We stayed two nights, and when we put up the do not disturb sign for just the morning on the second day, no one ever cleaned our room. It didn't need a cleaning, but we would have appreciated new towels. Occasionally, we would get a whiff of people smoking in front of rooms through the AC.

Continental breakfast was sparse (bagels, bread and cereal). It's a little hard-to-find, due to construction on the highway, not that that's under their control

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

We chose this hotel because it was one of the few places that would allow check in at 19 and wasn't a ridiculous rate. The parking lot was in terrible shape, looked bad, and was bumpy. The staff was friendly. When we got in the room, it was pretty clean, only issue was the carpet and parts of the bedding were damp. They didn't stink, so I'm guessing the carpet was freshly scrubbed and the bedding didn't spend enough time in the dryer. Back to the bedding... It was me and my girlfriend. There were three old pillows on the bed which weren't enough, and the bedding consisted of 2 flat sheets and old thin blanket. About halfway thru the first night, I had to go to the front desk for towels. The front desk person acted like it was problem for me to ask for extra towels. The next morning was... Different. We woke up and all the lights in the room and our TV was off. This was strange because we fell asleep with it on. We got out of bed and went to the lobby for breakfast where we found out power was out for the entire hotel, which meant breakfast consisted of bread, gross donuts, cereal and orange juice, and NO coffee. Would not recommend for anything other than a place to sleep, and probably wouldn't stay again unless I had to.

• Stayed June 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pittsburgh
Econolodge Inn & Suites
#53 of 71 in Pittsburgh
Comfort Inn  - Pittsburgh / Steubenville Pike
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Airport
Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - Carnegie

Been to Hilltop Inn PIttsburgh? Share your experiences!