“Convenient to the Pittsburgh Airport”

MainStay Suites Pittsburgh Airport
Ranked #40 of 72 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We stayed in this hotel the night before leaving for a month trip to Europe. It was very nice, clean, quiet, reasonably priced and the people were quite friendly and helpful.
One of our main reasons for staying there was to be able to leave our car in a safe place for such a long time and not have to pay for parking at the airport.
The shuttle that took us to and from the airport was fast and the drivers were very friendly.
We would definitely stay at this hotel again when flying out of Pittsburgh.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at MainStay Suites Pittsburgh Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Judy G,
Thank you for choosing MainStay Suites Pittsburgh Airport, and for writing a review about your experience. We hope you had a great time on your travels to Europe. We’re happy to have been a part of your trip, and we’re glad we were able to offer value added amenities and conveniences during your stay and while you were away. We look forward to your next visit and hope to see you again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

Our family of 6 (kids 5-13) stayed for 1 night. Nice amenities in the room. There was a smoke smell in the room and ashtray, despite being labeled smoke-free. We also found a couple insects. The breakfast was average, but the staff did a great job keeping it stocked. Was close to a very nice shopping area. For the price, it was okay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at MainStay Suites Pittsburgh Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Rich M,

Thank you for writing a review. We always appreciate hearing from our guests, especially in identifying ways we can improve our guest experience. I sincerely apologize that we were unable to provide the exceptional stay that you have come to expect from us. We value you as our guest and we hope you will give us the opportunity to extend our hospitality to you and your family again in the future.

Bill Walsh

Reviewed 27 August 2013

This is a great place to stay for a long term stay. I thought the breakfast was good and a nice, varied selection. TV channels were nice, laundry was cheap and worked well, and the Internet was pretty speedy considering the hotel was nearly full.

The rooms are fairly basic, but the kitchen areas are sufficient, and they do provide basic maid service (make your bed, empty trash, change towels) more often than once a week if you ask. For me, it was a great choice and very affordable. A bus stop right outside the hotel takes you to downtown for $3.75, which for me was great. Even though I had a rental car, it was much less of a worry taking the bus vice driving each day.

One main complaint is the fact that for the three weeks I was there, the gym was never cleaned once. The equipment could have desperately used a cleaning or at least have the hotel provide wipes for you to clean yourself. I used the gym each so I know it was not cleaned as the garbage was not emptied once, and the same towels that were in a dirty bin when I arrived, were there when I left. Considering it is very small, it would have been easy to keep clean, but they totally neglected this. I am not sure why.

Room Tip: No pool, but a nice basketball court.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at MainStay Suites Pittsburgh Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2013

Kbenn123,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your extended stay at the MainStay Suites near the Pittsburgh Airport. We are glad that you were able to enjoy our suites with a fully equipped kitchen, complimentary breakfast, free internet service and our great location. Thank you for sharing your observation of the cleanliness of the gym. Please know that I have addressed this issue with our staff and have implemented a process to make sure the gym is cleaned on a regular basis. Thank you again for your comments and please visit us when you return to the Pittsburgh area.

Bill Walsh

Reviewed 23 August 2013

I was downright scared after reading many reviews. I had already booked it so decided to tough it out. I was happy that I did so. It is not the four seasons, don't go into it expecting fabulosity. I personally wouldn't stay here if I were in town for leisure. But if you don't live near Pittsburgh and have an early flight, it's perfect. Would have had a hard time finding it without my GPS. The neighborhood wasn't scary. I felt like my vehicle was going to be secure. Check in was really fast. I have never been to a hotel that didn't ask for a credit card for "incidentals." It was a very casual check in. The room was basic. Was very surprised to find 2 TVs in my room though. The sleeping area had a separate room from the "living" area. That was cozy. Though run down a little and dated, it was clean. My bed was comfy. The blanket was double sheeted. The sheets came unwrapped when I pulled the covers back and there were hairs on the blanket. I wrapped it back up in the clean sheets and didn't cover myself with it. Just used the flat sheet. That was my only negative comment. The shuttle is very casual. It's just a mini van. My driver was very nice. I'm not typically a budget hotel shopper. I don't mind paying for quality and tend to always pick a Marriott brand. So this was a gamble for me last minute. I actually would choose this place again if I found myself in the same situation of needing a place to sleep to catch a 6 am flight.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Srs8584
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at MainStay Suites Pittsburgh Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Srs8584,
Thank you for writing a review and sharing your experience at MainStay Suites Pittsburgh Airport. It’s great to hear we exceeded your expectations with our comfortable and spacious accommodations. I appreciate you bringing these items of concern to my attention. I will address your review with our housekeeping staff inorder to improve our excellence in service. We’re happy to hear you’d stay with us again and we hope to see you soon. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed 23 August 2013

Have been staying here was over 6 weeks and will do so for the next 50+ odd weeks as I have started a new job in Pittsburgh and go back home on the weekend.

Initial sceptism of making this my new home has totally weaned off and I am now recommending this place to new hires at my new company.

The rooms are clean, bed is comfortable, wifi is great and best of all it is quiet. The staff is quite good, Doug Martin the GM gets customer service and pays attention to your requests/needs. Given there are upscale suites right next door I wonder why anyone would want to pay a premium there vs. availaing a really good value at the MainStay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank ClevelandSunder

ClevelandSunder,
It’s great to hear from you! Thank you for sharing feedback on your MainStay Suites experience. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us during the transition of starting your new job. We’re pleased to hear our clean accommodations, comfortable beds, and excellent customer service has made for enjoyable stays. We value you as our guest and look forward to seeing you again. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed 2 August 2013

I would stay here again as the price was very good ($76/night) and the place pretty decent, and certainly so at that price. Details below...

- room with full-size fridge, microwave, cooktop (no oven), dishwasher
- minimal kitchen utensils
- bed adequate, mattress hard
- small hide-a-bed couch provided
- 5' counter acting as kitchen table/work surface
- they allow pets in this hotel, so if you are allergic take note

- room clean
- a/c worked well
- wifi signal strong
- shower hot and good water pressure, even at 7:30am
- hotel has free newspapers in lobby

- no phone in room
- no chairs in room
- kitchen table is the 'work surface'. Quite low and as above, no chairs! However, when I asked they did give me a chair from the breakfast area (not very comfortable but it was a chair)
- no room clean service during stay (I guess if more than a week then maybe)
- carpeting could use updating, but adequate
- stay includes minimal breakfast- 2 cereals, waffles, watery oatmeal, pastries, juice, coffee

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at MainStay Suites Pittsburgh Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

echit1,
Thank you for writing a review about your stay with us at Main Stay Suites Pittsburgh Airport. We always appreciate our guests taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback both positive and opportunities for improvement. We apologize for the areas we fell short of meeting your expectations. We’re glad you enjoyed your stay otherwise and we hope you’ll visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed 18 May 2013

My friend and I stayed here for one night as we had a flight to catch early in the morning. Even though we had a suite, the price couldn't be beat. The room was clean. We were able to ride the shuttle and leave my car in the parking lot. The driver was courteous and on our return flight home, it was just a short time to wait for him to take us back to the hotel. The employees were helpful and courteous too.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank ladyofpink
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at MainStay Suites Pittsburgh Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2013

ladyofpink,
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your stay with us at Main Stay Suites Pittsburgh Airport. I’m glad you enjoyed your stay, our clean accommodations and courteous staff. We’re happy to have had you as our guest, and we hope you’ll have an opportunity to visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.