“Good value!”

Ranked #38 of 68 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Good value!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2008

If you have an early morning flight or going to be gone for a period of time, I would definitely recommend this hotel. The check in and out process was smooth and the hotel was clean. The room rate was $ 104 plus taxes and you can leave your car there for up to a period of 30 days free of charge. We looked at other hotels that had a slightly cheaper room rate but added on a daily parking fee after a 14 day period and the Mainstay was far more affordable. In addition to the bed our room also had a sofa bed, kitchen and small dining area. The hotel runs a free shuttle service to the Pittsburgh airport begining at 4:30am. The airport is about 10 or 15 minutes away, we had a 6:15am flight and had plenty of time to check in and get through security. There is also a continental breakfast available. We left the car parked at the hotel for 24 days and when we returned we called the courtesy shuttle line and within 30 minutes had been picked up and dropped off at our car in the parking lot.

• Liked — The price, free parking for 30 days and the airport shuttle.
  • Disliked — Nothing.
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with friends
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
pa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2008

was given the wrong room, booked one that slept 6 and was given one that only slept 4, they wouldnt fix it. Told us they were completly booked, had a family member from home call and guess what they had rooms for the night! big surprise! after an hour of back n forth they offered us an air bed another hour passes we get the bed and no pump! another hour and we finally call the desk and say for get it and my nephew slept on the floor, as it was 11pm and e had to get a 5am shuttle
On our return we had a delayed flight but the shuttle service is until 11pm we called at 10:50pm as soon as the plane landed and was told "sorry our driver is stuck in traffic and wont be back until 11:45 and then he will be done, you will have to get a cab"
I had to pay $40 bucks for 2 cabs to go 3 miles for something that was to included, just all the way around bad customer service!

• Disliked — the service
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2008

We stayed at the Mainstay Suites for one night and parked our car in the Park and Fly lot for nine nights when we flew out of the Pittsburgh Airport.

Check-in and Check-out: Went smoothly. Reception was friendly.

Room: Square footage smaller than I expected. Contained a queen size bed and sleeper sofa. Tight quarters when sleeper sofa is pulled out. Bathroom clean. Under the bed not vacuumed in a long time. Quiet at night. Snacks available in the reception area at additional cost. Did not eat the breakfast bar because we had to leave at 5:30 am and breakfast started at 6:00 am.

Shuttle: Hotel changed it's shuttle service times from when I called a month earlier to make the room reservation . Fortunately this did not impact us. Currently the shuttle runs every 30 minutes starting at 4:30 am and ending at 11:00 pm. They do not offer 24 hour shuttle service. Shuttle was on time for drop off and pick up, and about a 10 minute ride to/from the airport.

Long Term Parking: Parked our car for nine nights as part of the hotel charge which was 89.00, not including taxes. The parking lot is part of the regular lot customers use except long term parkers have a designated area. Our car was fine upon our return.

Overall, a good deal, nice staff, safe parking, and a decent stay. Very close to the Robinson Mall with many eating establishments.

• Liked — Close to Pittsburgh Airport
  • Disliked — Clean on the surface, but under beds and behind furniture not vacuumed.
  • Stayed June 2008
3 Thank Skicatt
Cleveland, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2008

The stay at Mainstay suites was below average. Of course I should not complain since I only paid $80 for a 1-bedroom suite. The airconditioning was in the sofabed room while the queen bed separated by a door did not have air conditioning. The only way to get some cool air was a fan on the wall separating the two. Due to our travel routine, we checked in at 1am only to find the fan does not work. Also, there was this giant dryer unit on the floor which told me that they probably had some leakage. The breakfast was not bad the next morning. The staff was also quite friendly

• Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
Charlottesville, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2008

On arriving at the hotel, the pics do look the same. I thought the hotel was okay, but my husband said it smelt. The rooms do smell, but since I sell candles, I made sure I travel with them. So, I lit up a candle (Key Lime Pie) which made it better. I had booked my room online, but I made sure I called the hotel so I could get the room I wanted. Luckily I got a name as when we checked in I did not get the room I wanted.

My husband had to go downstairs and talked to guest service and made them change the room. H*****, the hotel staff, was very rude even after we told him I had called and then proceeded to tell my husband the person whom I spoke with no longer works here. He gave us the room though. We eventually stayed in room 131.

The room is clean and quiet. I slept like a babe, but then I can sleep anywhere. We only stayed for a night as a stopover to Canada.

Overall, the hotel is okay.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
Robson, West Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2008

We stayed here on business for a few days. This is the first time we've stayed at a MainStay, but we were impressed. It was nice to save some money and cook in our own kitchen and have lots of space around us. The weather wasn't the greatest, so it was nice to have the high-speed internet. There are lots of places to go nearby if you are a shopper. This place is close to everything...it's worth stopping here!

• Liked — having a kitchen, lots of space
  • Disliked — there was no oven, no exhaust fan in the bathroom
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled on business
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2008

Very convenient location. Friendly staff. Clean and in very good repair. Very good value.
TripAdvisor Member Elmira NY