MainStay Suites Pittsburgh Airport
US$203
US$178
  • Pool
Omni William Penn Hotel(Pittsburgh)
US$229
Westin.com
US$182
US$163
Priceline
All reviewssleep innchoice hotelsroom was cleanco workersrental carwould stay here againstayed here for one nightroom ratelocation is greatkitchenetteshuttlerobinsonwalmartrenovationgmsink
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

We spent two nights here recently and you will definitely feel at home if: all of the surfaces you touch are marked with black marks and dirty. If the tile gout on your bathroom floor is black and caked with dirt in the corners. If your stove burner liners are covered with grease and burned black. If your refrigerator door has stains and mold around its seal. If the switch on your table lamp is broken so that the bulb hangs down in the lamp. If every corner of the ceiling from the drapes to the fire protection heads are covered with cobwebs. If your carpets are stained and smelly. If the commercial ice maker you have for your guests is on the fritz and you are going to wait until you remodel to fix it. And lastly if you tell your guests " thanks for the input" when they point any of these things out. This is an attractive conveniently located property that is beaten down and tired on the inside. The staff we spoke with about the cleanliness of the room just couldn't care less. Sad.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Larryleckert
William W, General Manager at MainStay Suites Pittsburgh Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear Larryleckert,

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding room cleanliness on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with the housekeeping department to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future. I am also sorry the ice machine was broken during your stay. It has been repaired.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Pittsburgh.

Kind Regards,

William Walsh
MainStay Suites Pittsburgh Airport

Reviewed 13 July 2014

The room I had was fine. I liked having two windows, and an AC unit that was a distance from the bed such not to blow on me while in bed. The room itself was very clean, not fancy but I didn't expect fancy (the 'reasonable expectations' part). Good towels and bedding. Room was very quiet.

The halls could use some touch-up painting at places, and the carpeting in the halls some cleaning. Nothing was there that was totally unacceptable though.

The breakfast offerings were a little on the marginal side, especially the eggs and sausage. I have had better in this class of hotel selections. They did also have fresh fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, bagels, etc, and make your own waffles if you want them.

The hotel is in an office park, so there is nothing to go to within walking distance. It is what it is, but I had known that when I made the reservation by checking the map of the area. There is plenty of things, more than anyone could want, about two miles up the road.

There was nothing to give me second thoughts about ever staying again... I would.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Room was very clean and staff was very personable. Would recommend this hotel anyone. The price was very affordable and was only approximately 20 minutes to the downtown area.They also had a breakfast Iincluded Iin the price

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pdud71
Reviewed 30 June 2014

These units are suites as their name states, our room came with a functioning kitchen - complete with fridge, stove and microwave. The hotel rooms are clean and basic - it is a no frills hotel but if you need a basic place to stay close to downtown PIttsburgh (15 to 20 minute drive to downtown) this place is not bad. The rooms are a bit dated (80s/90s feel) and could use a repaint and fix a few dings and dents in the walls but they are clean.

As advertised there is a free continental breakfast included with your stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JonM80
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Totally exceeded expectations. Traveling for work and on a budget I booked the MainStay for one night on June 12th. Upon check in I was greeted by a kegerator? Wait, what?! Guess I checked in right in time for happy hour! Any place that greets me with a complimentary beer is top notch in my book.

Overall, room was clean and functional. Didn't utilize the kitchenette that featured a range, coffee maker, and full size refrigerator & freezer.

Gym is small, very small. One treadmill & elliptical.

Got a late start so missed complimentary breakfast, but from what I saw it was standard Choice Hotel fare. (eggs, sausages, waffles, cereal, etc).

Staff was a bit lackluster. I was never even asked about my stay from staff during check out.

Good location. Quick drive to Robinson Town Centre which features a number of restaurants and shopping.

Overall, MainStay will meet your expectations of a clean & comfortable night sleep at a fair price.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank DannyZ24
William W, General Manager at MainStay Suites Pittsburgh Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

DannyZ24,
Thank you for reviewing the Mainstay Suites Pittsburgh Airport. Thank you for the positive feedback. I am excited to share your comments with our staff. We are looking forward to seeing you again in the future.