We arrived at the Candlewood Suites hoping to find a friendly, welcoming atmosphere and a staff that would try to accomodate our requests. We got none of that. We booked a handicapped accessible suite because that's all that they had available at the time that was non-smoking. We didn't want a handicapped accessible suite as we felt that they should be saved for those that need them. When we arrived the desk clerk stated that they still didn't have any other non-smoking suites. My wife then asked if we could view one of the smoking suites to see if we could tolerate it and leave the handicapped accessible one for someone who truly needed it. The desk clerk wouldn't even show us one of the smoking suites and insisted that we stay in the suite that we reserved. It was late and we didn't want to argue so we agreed.
The lobby - if that's what you want to call it is small and cramped. It was not inviting at all nor was the individual who was working the desk that night.
When we arrived in the room we were greeted by what appeared to be Walmart furniture (and low-end Walmart furniture at that). The place could really use updating and some finer furnishings. We weren't looking for Waldorf Astoria type furnishings but something other than particle board would have been nice.
Air conditioning was another issue. The air conditioning unit is in the main room with a little tiny vent into the bedroom. Because of this set up, my mother (who was traveling with us) froze just so that the bedroom was reasonably comfortable. Again - VERY poor design.
The bed in the bedroom was anything but comfortable and appeared to be quite old.
Ammenities were scarce in the bathroom and we were never given the option of having the room cleaned any of the 3 days that we were there.
I'm only willing to give this place a rating of 2 because it was reasonably convenient and in a quiet location.
Given the choice, I would not stay here again and would not recommend it to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Candlewood Suites Pittsburgh Airport is an ideal choice for both business and leisure travelers. Each spacious suite has a fully equipped kitchen complete with a full-size refrigerator/ice maker, microwave, range, and dishwasher. Traveling on business? Bring your laptop and work efficiently at your executive desk. Communication is no problem with voicemail, free local calls, free high-speed Internet access and two separate phone lines. Borrow your favorite movie from the hotel library and enjoy in your room from the comfort of your recliner. Hungry? Visit the Candlewood Cupboard, our on-site convenience store, and charge it to your room. Work off some stress in our 24-hour fitness center. Staying a long time? Take advantage of our on-site complimentary laundry facility. We re a pet friendly hotel too (fees apply). Located near the city's major expressways, we're just minutes from Pittsburgh International Airport (PIT), Pittsburgh's downtown business district, Bayer Corporation, FedEx Ground, University of Pittsburgh, First Niagara Pavillion, & UPMC. Want to see a game, Check out the Pittsburgh Pirates at PNC Park, The Pittsburgh Steelers at Heinz Field. Check out the Pittsburgh Penguins or a concert at Consol Energy Centetr. The finest dining, shopping and entertainment are also within minutes at the Robinson Towne Center and the Mall of Robinson. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Candlewood Suites - Pittsburgh Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites - Pittsburgh Airport Hotel Pittsburgh
- Candlewood Pittsburgh
- Pittsburgh Candlewood Suites