“Great for Conferences, Horrible to Stay”

Hyatt Place Pittsburgh/Airport
Ranked #33 of 72 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Reviewed 8 June 2011

My business held a week long seminar at the Airport Hyatt. This hotel has beautiful conference rooms....and that is about it. Service: The staff was very great with lunch time meals and helping us out with our business needs. Value: For conferences, yes it is a great value. Nice remodeled conference area's are great and this is one of the nicest places around for a conference. Cleanliness: On the way into the hotel, you will notice nothing but litter in the grass. On my way in, a nice IC Light can welcomed me to Pittsburgh. The hotel lobby smells like death. This was not one day, this was everyday. I have no idea why this place smells so bad. The other floors smell just as bad too. Not as bad as the lobby though. I do not know if the moving floor has anything to do with the lobby smell but there is a nice deli/bar area off the lobby that I can't imagine getting much business with the horrible smell. Restaurant: Here is my experience. I wanted an iced coffee one day. The man who helped me said he did not know how to make the iced coffee and instead put it in a hot coffee cup and sent me on my way. The ice made the cup sweat so bad that my cup started to fall apart. Day 2 at the coffee shop led me to get a Chai Tea Latte. Unfortunately they were out of Chai Tea. They noted they had a big weekend. I'm guessing either someone doesn't know how to order the right amount of products for the coffee shop or Pittsburgh is known for its Chai Tea...which I highly doubt. The internet connection at this facility was beyond slow. Also it was quite pricey. You may want to beef up your cell plan when traveling to this hotel or get a pay as you go mifi card for the internet to save yourself some time and money waiting for a page to load. Overall I would say if you need to have a conference, this is a nice place. If you need a place to stay, pay the extra money for gas and go somewhere decent.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank saireea

Reviewed 2 June 2011

This is the a Bad bad hyatt. Do not stay here, tried to say we did not have a room, when I had a printed confirmation number. Put in a room with no light in bathroom ,a double bed( instead if king ) and water stains on ceiling. Go somewhere else

• Stayed: June 2011
2  Thank Cathleenwv
Reviewed 16 April 2011

Stayed here prior to leaving for the airport. Fantastic experience and the hotel was very clean. The bed was very comfortable

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 November 2010

We have been staying at this location for a few years. However, the last 2 times we stayed here, the cleaning staff left much to be desired. They did not vacuum, dust or wipe anything. They did not remove dirty glasses. They only partially made the bed. We complained to the front desk but nothing was done.
As I stated, this happened the last 2 times we stayed here. I'm very disappointed with the service here. They were great when we first started staying there but not anymore. I will be looking for another place to stay since they are doing nothing to rectify the situation.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kaykow
Reviewed 10 November 2010

I recently stayed at the Hyatt by the PGH airport. So beautiful!!!! The staff is amazingly nice and the room service was amazing. so clean and we got an upgrade for free because we were spending our wedding night there. so close to the airport. literally the airport is right there & i would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 November 2010

We stayed here with a group of ladies,where we had a wk-end of shopping,laughing and eating!This Hyatt was wonderful,from the friendly staff to the clean rooms-AWESOME

Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 October 2010

Because I travel so frequently, I make it a point to check the bed, linens for cleanliness and bedbug infestations during every stay. I have stayed at the Hyatt Place Pittsburgh airport many times and have never had a problem with the cleanliness of the rooms. However, when I stayed in early October, I was horrified when I pulled back the bedspread and top sheet to find black hairs and bright red blood spots on the fitted sheet in the center of the bed!! I called the front desk to get another room however when I spoke to the front desk clerk, she informed me the hotel was sold out and there was not another room available. I then asked if I could get a clean set of sheets and was told housekeeping was gone and that she could not leave the desk to bring me the sheets. I went down and retrieved the sheets. I had to go back down to get pillowcases. While I have been very satisfied at this hotel, the rudeness of the front desk clerk really turned me off and I am not sure if I am going to stay there again. Especially when it appeared to me that housekeeping didn't change the sheets from the previous guest.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
5  Thank swmbo64
Travellers also viewed these Pittsburgh hotels
Coraopolis
Candlewood Suites - Pittsburgh Airport
Coraopolis
TownePlace Suites Pittsburgh Airport Robinson Township

Been to Hyatt Place Pittsburgh/Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hyatt Place Pittsburgh/Airport

Address: 6011 Campbells Run Rd, Pittsburgh, PA 15205-1022
Region: United States > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#12 Family Hotel in Pittsburgh
#14 Business Hotel in Pittsburgh
#16 Romantic Hotel in Pittsburgh
Price Range: £75 - £132 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Hyatt Place Pittsburgh/Airport 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hyatt Place Pittsburgh/Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hyatt Place Pittsburgh/Airport Hotel Pittsburgh