“Bring your own towels” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #43 of 68 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Westland
“Bring your own towels”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

We stayed here 2 nights this weekend (Fri and Sat). When they cleaned the room on Saturday they did not give us any towels. Sunday morning I head down to the front desk and ask for towels. I get this look that says "good luck" and am told they will see if they can find some and bring them to our room. 20 minutes later (no towels still) I head back down to the front desk and now am told they do not have any. BUT LUCKY ME I can have two (2), whole washclothes to dry off with after bathing. On the way back to the room I talk to another guest (read sucker) who tells me they have been out of towels since yesterday. While checking out, I point out that they were out of towels on Saturday, did it cross their minds to have someone come in Sat night and do the laundry. At that point I am told they did, but the towels are being stolen. She says she has talked to the GM about getting more money in the budget to buy towels. I then asked for a discount off my room and am told no. I am only sorry I could not rate this place a 0.

Room Tip: Select a different hotel
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Upper Marlboro
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

We were in Pittsburgh for a basketball tournament. We searched for hotels in close proximity to the various schools they were using, and this one seemed like a good choice. I was also intrigued about this Neville Island place. Not much to the island (that I saw), but it was cool. The view from the back of the hotel was great. We checked in late, and even though the guy was getting ready to get off work, he was very pleasant and helped us with whatever we needed. Overall, the room was nice and clean. We rushed right back out because we hadn't eaten and wanted to get to the restaurants before they closed. When we got back, we took a look at the bathroom. It wasn't filthy, but I could tell it hadn't really been cleaned properly. The mirror looked like a child tried to clean it, there was hair in the bathtub and on the wall, and to make matters worst, there was dried up urine on the toilet seat; not just a drop, but a few large drops. It was not a pretty picture, and I wish I would've taken pictures. Also, there was only 1 towel, and normally you get at least 3 towels. It was late, so I didn't bother to complain. Our reservation was for 2 nights, but we left the next morning. I informed the gentleman at the front desk that I didn't think the room had been properly cleaned, and he apologized. I probably won't stay here again.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank msbrown76
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Pittsburgh Neville Island, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Please accept my personal apologies for the cleanliness of your bathroom msbrown76. If I could trouble you to contact me personally at (412) 264-4722, I’d very much like to know which room you stayed in and the date of your stay so that I can address this with my housekeeping team as it’s unacceptable and certainly not up to our standards. I do appreciate you choosing our hotel, and for your kind comments regarding the gentleman who helped check you in. I hope your team did well in the tournament.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

Every so often you can not get a hotel in Pittsburgh at a decent rate. When that happens this Neville Island hotel usually is available. I was pleasantly suprised when I finally stayed here that the hotel was so nice. Neville Island is an industrial area so unless you have business there you are probably just sleeping here and doing something somewhere else. It works very well for that. It is very convenient to I 79. You can also easily reach Rt 51 and Rt 65 and those will get you wherever you need to go. No alcohol available at the little market in the hotel. The very friendly front desk woman told me Kings restaurant in front of the hotel had six packs. I also saw a Subway sandwich shop up the road. I would eat before you get here.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Pittsburgh Neville Island, responded to this review, 23 April 2012
Dear Nemokota,

I’m glad you were able to find a room at our hotel during your trip to Pittsburgh; you’re right about our location being convenient, we often host guests in town for games or to visit tourist destinations since we’re so close to everything. From your review, it sounds like you’ve stayed with us before, thanks very much for your return business, it’s appreciated! We hope to see you and your family again on your next visit to the area.

Best regards,

Bronx, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

We stayed here solely because it was the best Pittsburgh option in the Pennsylvania coupon book (that you get at rest areas). Breakfast was great, staff was good, facilties clean and bed was incredibly comfortable. W/ coupon was $100/night.

1 Thank klebbeck236
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Pittsburgh Neville Island, responded to this review, 20 April 2012
Thanks very much for your review klebbeck236! We’re glad you were able to take advantage of the special coupon and enjoyed your stay with us, it was our pleasure to have you.

Best regards,

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

Our family of four stayed over the Easter weekend. The hotel is on an island about 10-15 min drive from downtown. The island is kind of a industry zoo itself so there isn't much nearby. The room is nice size and very clean. The air-conditioner doesn't work well in our room(415), it turns on every 5 min and it is noisy at night.There is a indoor pool and excise room, both are very new in excellent condition. It also has a patio in the back with a fire pit which turns on in the evening. It is very cozy to sit by the fire in the evening to watch the sunset across the river. The hotel staff are very helpful for giving direction and fulfill our request. The breakfast is also good, the breakfast room lady works hard to keep the table clean and plenty food available. Overall is very good value and comfortable stay.

Room Tip: Ask for the high level room face to the river. Wonderful view of the river, bridge and mountain.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Pittsburgh Neville Island, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
Dear GoGo8888,

It was our pleasure to have you and your family stay with us over Easter weekend, thank you for your kind comments. We love the fire pit on the patio too, I’m glad you had a chance to enjoy it while the sun set over the river.

Take care,

Peoria, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

Nice place, clean and friendly, Brittany the sales manager provided a Mini- Mardi Gras event for the evening. Typical breakfast, but overall very good experience

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Pittsburgh Neville Island, responded to this review, 29 February 2012
Thanks Tom H for your review, we’re so glad you enjoyed our Mardi Gras celebration. Thanks especially for recognizing Brittany – it made her day!

Take care,

Hamilton, Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2012

This is a great hotel situated about 10-15 minutes outside of Pittsburgh. Great access to the city if you are visiting for the purposes of seeing any sports games. Great price, clean rooms and a decent breakfast. This is my second stay.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Pittsburgh Neville Island, responded to this review, 24 February 2012
Thanks for coming back to stay with us a second time Crashman290! It’s great to hear both were good experiences and that you enjoyed how close we are to all that Pittsburgh has to offer.

Hope to see you again soon,